Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

8 hours ago, dcweather said:

But the spec had automatically folding door mirrors as my current one did but this one hasn't even though it is in the spec and I've paid for it. This is also due to the chip shortage. No compensation just told they will retro fit if and when they get the chips! It had already lost blind spot monitoring from the spec,

That's not good from Renault about no compensation, so you will have to give up a few of hours to take it back in to get them fitted, plus the cost of fuel you use there and back  Not good customer service, they know on how to keep a loyal customer base!  With my car I queried if it came with door sill scuff plates fitted?  They have come back with they did not know but if it didn't they are fitting them free of charge when it arrives.

That's just bizarre, it's bad enough it's now the norm for software to be released half-finished and then they fix it later with patches, but this is the first time I've heard of it with a car!! :eek: :laugh: 

Make sure you have paper work to show that you are due these features to be fitted for free; It would be just the sort of thing for them to conveniently forget and try to charge you for it a year later!

When everyone gets there cars enjoy. Had mine since 28 October last year. It’s the best car I have had. I have the Dynamic in Galactic Blue. The only problem I had was the Infotainment system that needed updating, but had to be done at the dealership. All sorted and can’t be happier. Especially it being Hybrid with the price of fuel at the moment.

• Like 3

That's a lovely colour - I wanted that for my Mk4, but bizarrely if you get the Excel spec (Which I wanted for the HUD!) the only colour options are essentially different shades of metallic grey - No actual colours!

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

That's a lovely colour - I wanted that for my Mk4, but bizarrely if you get the Excel spec (Which I wanted for the HUD!) the only colour options are essentially different shades of metallic grey - No actual colours!

One thing I have always mentioned when asked on any survey, did one last month for an Aygo my wife had, told them the colours are a bit boring, so much for the new motto " no more boring cars".  Just wish they had a few brighter ones, I loved the Brass Gold but I wanted the Excel for it's equipment level so had to settle for Galactic Blue.

Well be glad you could have "A Colour" - IIRC, when I was speccing up mine, the only options were literally white, silver, grey, black and that bronzy colour!

Okay futher information about my car holiday, Car has now been at the car bodyshop 2 weeks, first week it sat doing/going nowhere, 2nd week it went back and forth in the bodyshop compound being prepared etc then Friday at around 1pm it was driven 1 mile down the road where they own nothing in that area sat there for an hour then driven back to the bodyshop, went into my dealer showed them the trip PDF and they are going to get the manager from the bodyshop in and ask why this trip but also the overall condition of the car.

12 minutes ago, Toyota_FanBoy said:

Okay futher information about my car holiday, Car has now been at the car bodyshop 2 weeks, first week it sat doing/going nowhere, 2nd week it went back and forth in the bodyshop compound being prepared etc then Friday at around 1pm it was driven 1 mile down the road where they own nothing in that area sat there for an hour then driven back to the bodyshop, went into my dealer showed them the trip PDF and they are going to get the manager from the bodyshop in and ask why this trip but also the overall condition of the car.

Sorry for asking I must of missed the post somewhere, what is wrong with the paintwork,  what was the original problem?

8 minutes ago, Sidrat said:

Sorry for asking I must of missed the post somewhere, what is wrong with the paintwork,  what was the original problem?

rear drivers door there was what was described as sealant smeared around the lip of the back door where a factory worker had not left it to dry so it's very rough in that area, rear passenger quarter by the fuel filler cap area there are nibs where the area was not finish properly, checked showroom model in same colour had none of those issues.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Cyker said:

Well be glad you could have "A Colour" - IIRC, when I was speccing up mine, the only options were literally white, silver, grey, black and that bronzy colour!

Nothing wrong with that "bronzy colour" looks great here in sunny (well not today) Spain.

Wasn't saying there was, just that I wanted a blue one and not one that was some shade of grey; The same blue that I think is available on every spec *except* the Excel for some reason! :confused1: 

You'd think there'd be more choices as you go up the grades, not less! :laugh: 

• Like 1

Sadly after having originally been given the build date as 15th March (ordered 24th Sept.21) that date disappeared and no build date has been stated for several weeks. Although, there is a date 5th April for it leaving factory ! !

Getting really fed up of waiting when so many ordered long after ours have now been delivered. Sadly I know it's due to the Spec. we ordered but not even having a build date is depressing.

On 3/6/2022 at 12:08 PM, martha said:

A relative ordered a Yaris Cross end of October/early November last year.  Heard nothing from dealer. Phoned early this yr for delivery date.  Told end of April/early May.  
Had phone call from dealer this morning saying car ready to collect, I.e. at dealer having had it’s PDI!  Must have been built early Feb, but it would have been nice to have info for build date etc.  Relative has no order number to track!

On 3/8/2022 at 11:51 AM, Sidrat said:

Car I ordered in late November has gone to build today, interestingly when you delve the background data it was set for delivery to the dealer as 21 Apr, changed to 7 Apr, now says 19 Apr.  Will wait and monitor as it progresses, better than original date I was given by the dealer of late May to Jun.

Could I ask which spec you ordered please?

I ordered a Premiere AWD at the start of November 21 but delivery estimate has varied between early May and Late June. I get the fact that spec may determine when the vehicle gets allocated a production slot, so just wondering what you ordered?

I also know of a Dynamic AWD order that in theory is a delivery for April and was ordered after mine but that still shows "Processing Order".

As background info, I'm a bit "twitchy" about my order at the moment.

This was an "Toyota Buy Online" order via the website. At the time of ordering there was no apparent discount to be had (at least not for me), so it appeared to make no difference whether I went the dealer route or online and online appeared easy.

I can only see the order on my web account and that only says "The Toyota team will contact you soon via email to advise the next steps". No "Processing order", nothing. The order doesn't even appear in my "myT" app. I've questioned this several times with Toyota, but it just gets handed off by the "Buy Online team" to Toyota Customer Relations, who in this instance have been about as useful as the famous chocolate tea pot. The last communication was "There appears to be an underlying data issue". That's a great help and slightly worrying.

I do get delivery estimate updates though and I have been told verbally that the order all looks OK and the vehicle has a number allocated to it. (Unique Reference Number, URN?) I wouldn't expect it to get a VIN until a production slot had been planned.

Also now,  since about the start of March, it is no longer possible to order a Premier AWD on the website.  FWD only. This has had the effect of some of the details of the order (e.g. car icons etc) disappearing from what I can see of the order in my web account. 

Again, on questioning, I've been told verbally by the "Buy Online Team" that I will get the spec I ordered.

You can perhaps understand then why I'm a bit "twitchy".

I'm not bothered about the length of time for delivery, but I won't be particularly pleased if this order has been messed up in some way and nobody @ Toyota can be bothered to sort it out properly....Or if the vehicle turns up with the wrong spec.

.....and I get the reason for length delivery more than most. I work for a global electronic automotive component supplier, so I'm only too aware of the current issues.

Next time, I'll probably stick with the dealer route. Perhaps I should be old and wise enough to know better. In 20 years of being a Toyota customer, some dealers have been better than others, but at the moment, all of them seemed to handle things better than this online route.

Thanks!

On 3/17/2022 at 8:25 AM, shcm said:

Could I ask which spec you ordered please?

I ordered a Premiere AWD at the start of November 21 but delivery estimate has varied between early May and Late June. I get the fact that spec may determine when the vehicle gets allocated a production slot, so just wondering what you ordered?

I also know of a Dynamic AWD order that in theory is delivery for April and was ordered after mine but that still shows "Processing Order".

As background info, I'm a bit "twitchy" about my order at the moment.

This was an "Toyota Buy Online" order via the website. At the time of ordering there was no apparent discount to be had (at least not for me), so it appeared to make no difference whether I went the dealer route or online and online appeared easy.

I can only see the order on my web account and that only says "The Toyota team will contact you soon via email to advise the next steps". No "Processing order", nothing. The order doesn't even appear in my "myT" app. I've question this several times, but it just gets handed off by the "Buy Online team" to Toyota Customer Relations, who in this instance have been about as useful as that famous chocolate tea pot. The last communication was "There appears to be an underlying data issue". That's a great help and slightly worrying.

I do get delivery estimate updates though and I have been told verbally that the order all looks OK and the vehicle has a number allocated to it. (Unique Reference Number, URN?) I wouldn't expect it to get a VIN until a production slot had been planned.

Also now,  since about the start of March, it is no longer possible to order a Premier AWD on the website.  FWD only. This has had the effect of some of the details of the order (e.g. car icons etc) disappearing from what I can see of the order in my web account. 

Again, I've been told verbally by the "Buy Online Team" that I will get the spec I ordered.

You can perhaps understand then why I'm a bit "twitchy".

I'm not bothered about the length of time for delivery, but I won't be particularly pleased if this order has been messed up in some way and nobody @ Toyota can be bothered to sort it out properly....Or if it turns up with the wrong spec.

.....and I get the reason for length delivery more than most. I work for a global electronic automotive component supplier, so and only too aware of the current issues.

Next time, I'll probably stick with the dealer route. Perhaps I should be older and wise enough to know better. In 20 years of being a Toyota customer, some dealers have been better than others, but at the moment, all seemed to handle things better than this online route.

Thanks!

My car is a premiere AWD. Ordered 15th August picked up 10th March.

It was well worth the wait. Great car, got it in Brass Gold and loads of people have commented on the colour, all good too.

Tried the advanced park today, it parked the car perfectly and surprisingly quickly. Actually think it parked quicker than I would have. So much better than what I had in my CHR, which I used once and never again.

Still lots of toys not used yet so much to look forward to😁

11 minutes ago, Thegeeza said:

It was well worth the wait. Great car, got it in Brass Gold and loads of people have commented on the colour, all good too.

Tried the advanced park today, it parked the car perfectly and surprisingly quickly. Actually think it parked quicker than I would have. So much better than what I had in my CHR, which I used once and never again.

Still lots of toys not used yet so much to look forward to😁

Any pics ?

3 hours ago, Thegeeza said:

Thanks for that info. 👍 At least that time scale is similar to what I'm being told.  Just wondering what the specs are of those reported going into build now and ordered around the same time as mine.

23 minutes ago, shcm said:

Thanks for that info. 👍 At least that time scale is similar to what I'm being told.  Just wondering what the specs are of those reported going into build now and ordered around the same time as mine.

Ordered mine mid Nov, Excel in Galactic Blue, only extras are the protection packs.  Went to build last Tuesday 8 Mar, now at Zeebrugge.  On website delve estimated delivery to dealer is currently 19 Apr.

14 hours ago, shcm said:

I can only see the order on my web account and that only says "The Toyota team will contact you soon via email to advise the next steps". No "Processing order", nothing. The order doesn't even appear in my "myT" app.

My online order (Dynamic AWD) is in exactly the same state. I don’t think this will change until it moves from the “waiting list” to the “scheduled for production queue”.

I believe the rear electric motor (AWD) and heads up display (Premiere) are the most constrained parts.

When I ordered, it was a hard choice between the Yaris Cross and an all electric car. If a compelling BEV comes to market whilst I am waiting I will cancel my order.

17 hours ago, Sidrat said:

Ordered mine mid Nov, Excel in Galactic Blue, only extras are the protection packs.  Went to build last Tuesday 8 Mar, now at Zeebrugge.  On website delve estimated delivery to dealer is currently 19 Apr.

Thanks for that. 👍

8 hours ago, IT Troll said:

My online order (Dynamic AWD) is in exactly the same state. I don’t think this will change until it moves from the “waiting list” to the “scheduled for production queue”.

Many thanks for the info.  It's useful to know I'm not the only one with an order in this odd looking state. If it's a case of only changing to a "Processing Order" state and appearing in the app etc, once production is scheduled (maybe when a VIN is allocated), I'd be quite OK with Toyota telling me that. Instead they don't seem to have much clue how the system works (well, at least in the communication I've had with them).

As I said above, I do know of a Dynamic AWD that was ordered very early 2022 (a couple of months after mine) and that does appear with the usual "Processing Order" etc tracking information. That was a dealer order. So, I do wonder whether this "waiting list" state in the online account and the order not appearing in the phone app, is applicable to online orders only. Or maybe this Dynamic order picked up a vehicle that was already scheduled for build, but with no customer allocated at the time.

Be nice to fully understand what's going on, but I suspect that won't happen. 🙂

5 hours ago, shcm said:

Thanks for that. 👍

Many thanks for the info.  It's useful to know I'm not the only one with an order in this odd looking state.

Checked on mine this morning, now says it's at the factory in France, not Zeebrugge as yesterday.  Most probably never left the factory, just ready to transport to Zeebrugge.  Website delve first thing this morning had changed delivery from 19 Apr to 05 May, now says 20 Apr. 

Ordered a Yaris Cross Excel on 20 Oct last year and it was delivered to the dealers on 17 March which was 148 days in total. My Toyota tracker was not as informative as it might have been with the last update showing the car having returned back to Grimsby from the Derby hub when infact it was at the dealership. Hope this  time scale might help buyers.