Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

I emailed our dealer today as I was concerned about  the constant delays with our build - at the moment no build date listed at all. Had a reply to say it has been built which is great but we are going to the dealers to see what they are suggesting to fix the problem of there being no space for the compact spare. Will be interesting to see what they suggest - they have already done this with someone elses car.

42 minutes ago, Perranlady said:

I emailed our dealer today as I was concerned about  the constant delays with our build - at the moment no build date listed at all. Had a reply to say it has been built which is great but we are going to the dealers to see what they are suggesting to fix the problem of there being no space for the compact spare. Will be interesting to see what they suggest - they have already done this with someone elses car.

Well me order includes the spare.  Remember spare tyres were not available until last November.  Not all dealers know everything. 

On 3/18/2022 at 12:40 PM, Sidrat said:

Checked on mine this morning, now says it's at the factory in France, not Zeebrugge as yesterday.  Most probably never left the factory, just ready to transport to Zeebrugge.  Website delve first thing this morning had changed delivery from 19 Apr to 05 May, now says 20 Apr. 

Website this morning now has my car at Grimsby, don't know why it put it back at the factory when it must of been on the delivery ship.  Data delve now has the VIN on there, getting nearer.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sidrat said:

don't know why it put it back at the factory when it must of been on the delivery ship.

The data does that back and fro waltz during the delivery process, it happened for my Yaris, too, went backwards and forwards a few times between Valenciennes and Kolin, CZ. When the car is at Burnaston, your dealer should have a better idea of the real delivery date, than background data.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Well me order includes the spare.  Remember spare tyres were not available until last November.  Not all dealers know everything. 

We ordered a spare at the same time as car last September - sadly no one knew at the time that there would be a problem with an AWD version. Will see what they suggest, but problem is that we have a big Pointer dog & smaller version to get in the back as well.  Unfortunately our other car that we will keep is a Mini Countryman from Cazoo that came with run-flat tyres - not that pleased as it wasn't mentioned in the spec.  Why any manufacturer is allowed to send a new car out with a silly can of gunk rather than a  spare tyre is beyond me. 

54 minutes ago, Perranlady said:

Why any manufacturer is allowed to send a new car out with a silly can of gunk rather than a  spare tyre is beyond me. 

The only time I needed a spare with my last car, I couldn't get the wheel off, so called roadside assist anyway, they were, of course, capable of fitting the spare.

The other thing with a spare, given that the lifespan of a tyre is roughly 5 years, is the spare going to fit for use if required ?

Any one had experience of new Toyota car documentation indicating different colour than the vehicles. I had arranged to pick up a new Yaris Cross on Monday in Galactic Blue to be told by the salesman yesterday that it was infact Decuma Grey although all the docs say blue. Salesman says he's never experienced this problem before after selling Toyotas for around 25 years. Thoughts?

I have had the V5 describing a colour that I thought to be different, funnily enough it was a darkish blue but in the document it was grey, and it was a Toyota.... a Yaris.    Must be a Swansea thing

Has anyone else ordered a colour that they’ve not seen real life Cross version of yet? I’ve ordered a red dynamic and not seen any in red yet - can’t wait to see if it looks as good as I think it should 🤣

Car is still showing as being in Derbyshire - been there a week now so I’m really hoping when my dealer calls tomorrow that I’ll have a pick up date really soon 🤞

47 minutes ago, Colio said:

Has anyone else ordered a colour that they’ve not seen real life Cross version of yet? I’ve ordered a red dynamic and not seen any in red yet - can’t wait to see if it looks as good as I think it should 🤣

Car is still showing as being in Derbyshire - been there a week now so I’m really hoping when my dealer calls tomorrow that I’ll have a pick up date really soon 🤞

Look on page 6 by Author Sevenarth he picked his a a while ago and was red.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stopeter44 said:

The only time I needed a spare with my last car, I couldn't get the wheel off, so called roadside assist anyway, they were, of course, capable of fitting the spare.

The other thing with a spare, given that the lifespan of a tyre is roughly 5 years, is the spare going to fit for use if required ?

My Yeti is 2013 - again bought as an extra and fitted by dealer - it has been used 3 times - only to get me home - each time Green Flag needed - once the tyre had ripped completly as I drove through a concealed pothole(full of water on a narrow road) the last two have been nails/screws and tyre was mended. Had the spare checked thoroughly and they and MOT testers passed it as fine - has only done aroun 15 miles  and rubber not degraded.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Colio said:

I have a red Yaris Cross, very happy with it. I tend to buy red cars because they are so easy to find in a crowded car park amidst a sea of grey, silver black and white cars! Red has become one of the least popular colours and it may die out as an option eventually.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PJR77 said:

I have a red Yaris Cross, very happy with it. I tend to buy red cars because they are so easy to find in a crowded car park amidst a sea of grey, silver black and white cars! Red has become one of the least popular colours and it may die out as an option eventually.

When I was looking for a used Prius Gen4 I wanted a red one. The Prius featured in the Prius sales brochure was red and looked superb. It took a time to find a red one, together with leather seats, JBL sound and 15” wheels (standard were 17”). Leather and JBL defined I needed an Excel. Found one 100 miles from where I live, when I got there there were 2 red ones next to each other. One fell short of my spec…. It didn’t havre leather, nor JBL and had 17” wheels……… but it was red.  Bought the Excel to my spec……in red….and still love it.

• Like 2

I remember when I was looking for a new car in 2009 the local Renault dealer said red cars depreciated the most. Although that was primarily because at the time red was one of the standard colours you didn’t pay extra for. It’d be shame if it disappeared from options lists as it’s nice to have the variety. I’ve had a green, two blues and a black car so far. This will be my first red one and I can’t wait for it to come!

At one time red car paint suffered from bloom, which may have affected used values. However, for a number of years manufacturers have used clear lacquer over most car finishes which largely alleviates this issue. Of our 21 new cars, 7 have been red and the colour hasn't affected the value when we've changed car.

Popularity of colours varies from year to year. In 2020, the top ten car colours in the UK were, in descending order:

1. Grey; 2. Black; 3. White; 4. Blue; 5. Red; 6. Silver; 7. Orange; 8. Green; 9. Yellow; 10. Bronze.

So I don't think red is in danger of being dropped.

• Like 1

Spoke to my dealer today and finally have a delivery date!! Car should get to them on Thursday so I should be able to pick it up next Monday 🤞

• Like 2

Looking at going ahead with an Excel, is the City Pack worth adding, am I correct in understanding that this will downgrade the infotainment system but improve the parking features. I’m mainly after the all around camera and dynamic guidelines.

3 minutes ago, calcium said:

Looking at going ahead with an Excel, is the City Pack worth adding, am I correct in understanding that this will downgrade the infotainment system but improve the parking features. I’m mainly after the all around camera and dynamic guidelines.

correct it will downgrade the Infotainment system but give you the 360 camera and that why I went for it for parking system and the camera.

Just see on My T that my Cross has arrived at the dealer! Hurrah! Two days earlier than the date from my update from them yesterday. Wonder if that means I might be able to pick it earlier than Monday? It’s been about 5.5 months from ordering to pick up

• Like 1

@shcm I just received an email to say my December order has been added to the MyT app and sure enough it has. Still not in the build stage or with any firm date yet.

1 hour ago, IT Troll said:

@shcm I just received an email to say my December order has been added to the MyT app and sure enough it has. Still not in the build stage or with any firm date yet.

Well, that's interesting. Exactly the same has just happened for me. Co-incidence or IT system bug fix........I do wonder.

...and logging into my Toyota, there are now 2 "panes".

1. The one that's always been there for the original order, with online format order number and ORCA number and........

2. Another one containing the tracking info associated with the order number that appears in myT and that looks more like a dealer format order number rather than an online order number format.

EDIT: and extracting info - estimatedDeliveryToFinalDestination: "2022-05-19"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shcm said:

there are now 2 "panes"

Yes, same here on the website. The second one doesn't include the detail of the packs (the first one does).

Just the second one appears in the MyT app.

21 hours ago, Toyota_FanBoy said:

correct it will downgrade the Infotainment system but give you the 360 camera and that why I went for it for parking system and the camera.

Thanks. I went for the City Pack in the end, they threw it in at no cost. Ordered the Yaris Cross Excel in Decuma Grey, expected in September.

9 minutes ago, calcium said:

Thanks. I went for the City Pack in the end, they threw it in at no cost. Ordered the Yaris Cross Excel in Decuma Grey, expected in September.

That's a generous offer worth £100.

As I cancelled the City Pack I must press the dealer for a revised payment. 

On 3/16/2022 at 9:32 AM, Perranlady said:

Sadly after having originally been given the build date as 15th March (ordered 24th Sept.21) that date disappeared and no build date has been stated for several weeks. Although, there is a date 5th April for it leaving factory ! !

Getting really fed up of waiting when so many ordered long after ours have now been delivered. Sadly I know it's due to the Spec. we ordered but not even having a build date is depressing.

Just back from the dealers as we wanted to see what they were proposing to do about the compact spare since we ordered AWD. Fortunately they had a customers AWD there - lovely blue one - might just be able to get it in the back otherwise the only answer is for it to go behind the passenger seat since we have dogs to go in the back. They have also checked and although My Toyota is still listing order processing - they assure me that it has been made and is in fact "at sea" Wonder how long it will be from here !