Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

when I visit the dealer as a very poor paint job from local paint company I'll get my Dealer to sort that.

It does by default but IIRC you can enable/disable that behaviour (You'll have to check the manual, but IIRC it involves holding the EPB switch in some way??)

3 hours ago, Toyota_FanBoy said:

On the Yaris Cross if you put it in park does the electric parking brake go on, mine doesn't if it does since I've had a flat battery thanks to the bodyshop

Page 201 of the user manual shows you how to enable the auto parking brake.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sidrat said:

Page 201 of the user manual shows you how to enable the auto parking brake.

Thanks for that will do it when I leave for the dealer sometime this week 🙂

• Like 1

Car arrived at dealer today, four months after ordering, paperwork to sign tomorrow, pickup early next week.

One thing I noticed when tracking progress on the website for those still waiting.  Once your car goes to build, if the location goes backwards, your car is on it's way to the next location.  On mine say it was in port at Grimsby and was there a couple of days, it suddenly moved backward to Zeebrugge, the next day it arrived in Derby.  It did this each time it moved, went back to the previous location, the following day it had arrived at the next.  Website delve said to arrive at dealer on 1 Apr, so one day early.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 3/22/2022 at 1:38 PM, shcm said:

EDIT: and extracting info - estimatedDeliveryToFinalDestination: "2022-05-19"

Mine just got another update and I finally have an ETA: estimatedDeliveryToFinalDestination: "2022-05-31"

Looks like I'm a week or so behind you. It also now shows that the build has been assigned to Onnaing, France.

Hi have my new Yaris cross Eycel with city pack very happy and great drive.

Had a word with my  dealer about the touch 2 sat nav updates he told me it updates automatically for 3years.

my other car I used to login for updates and put the software on usb stick and put into the car never had a problem.

Don't look right to me has member ask there dealer a got the same answer.

Clubman, it's supposed to be Smart Connect and do it automatically but there must be more to it than that. 

Does it update while the car is parked up, power off?  Does it update when you are powered on and driving?  Does it do small incremental updates?  Does it do a large update twice a year? 

Thanks Roy

My old car was about 45min with the engine running.

You make some great points.

Will some one from Toyota gives us the answer.

40 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Clubman, it's supposed to be Smart Connect and do it automatically but there must be more to it than that. 

Does it update while the car is parked up, power off?  Does it update when you are powered on and driving?  Does it do small incremental updates?  Does it do a large update twice a year? 

Roy, on my 2019 Corolla with the same head unit I only ever did a direct wi-fi update and that took nearly an hour and half.  I did an update recently from a USB stick, you are required to have the car switched on throughout the update, it will freeze the clock and audio whilst updating, it took just over an hour to complete.  On the Corolla forum some have done update whilst driving but I never have.  The head unit is the one thing I didn't like about the Corolla, so I opted for the 9" display in mine.

The 9" HD Toyota Smart Connect is the newer system and uses a cloud-based service for navigation. It comes with a built-in SIM for a mobile data connection and so pulls live mapping data at the point of use. It will also automatically check for software updates and alert you when they are available to download/install.

The 8" Toyota Touch 2 is an older system which uses more traditional satnav using on-board map data. With that you have to do it all manually via a computer and USB (or have your dealer do it). https://mag.toyota.co.uk/toyota-touch-2-how-to-update-your-maps-and-software/

Exactly.  On a PC some programs will update while in use others will download an updated while you use it.  Almost all programs demand they are shut down to install.

Cloud based programs will update in cloud and have no buses visible update process but they do demand access to cloud to work.

If Toyota uses a cloud application, what happens when you lose connectivity?

I think Tesla used cloud and for many 'switch on and go' users they probably don't even think about it, but as cars become computers with wheels do we trust the computer?

8 hours ago, IT Troll said:

Mine just got another update and I finally have an ETA: estimatedDeliveryToFinalDestination: "2022-05-31"

Looks like I'm a week or so behind you. It also now shows that the build has been assigned to Onnaing, France.

When did you place your order? Raised mine 10th January and hoping for end of May, though not in factory yer. Still processing order 🤨

Martin, mine was 7th Feb for June/July.  Sort of fits.

When are MY22 being started?

1 hour ago, Martin Thomson said:

When did you place your order? Raised mine 10th January and hoping for end of May, though not in factory yer. Still processing order 🤨

Between Christmas and New Year. I suspect it wasn't looked at until early January.

4 hours ago, Roy124 said:

If Toyota uses a cloud application, what happens when you lose connectivity?

From Toyota.com about cloud navigation -

Cloud Navigation uses a network connection to ensure customers have the latest map, traffic, and routing information available. When connectivity is limited, Cloud Navigation uses previously downloaded map information to maintain coverage across the entire route. 

The following features may be impacted when entering an area with limited connectivity until the vehicle establishes reconnection: 
• Intelligent Assistant –points of interest details 
• Keyboard search - points of interest details 
• Map radius – expanded zoom out 
  • Thanks 1

Sidrat, thank you.  One question answered and that poses another 😁

The mapping will clearly run like Google and Waze which have the ability to work offline if maps have been downloaded previously. 

The question now concerns that previously downloaded map. Will it be the map base installed at the factory, ie probably the prior map base, using current terminology 2021v1 or v2?  This will only need minor cloud tweaks for a year or two - cameras, road signs, new road.  Later on in its life that map base will become increasingly out of date. 

Will the on board base map need a similar hour long download and instalation? 

I am too old to be concerned about trivia like that and will have a newer car by then or not 😄

I imagine it works like Google offline maps. It is constantly updating the map for the immediate area as you use it. In the case of poor connectivity it will revert to the last version it was able obtain. Basically a local cache of the cloud data.

• Like 1

Probably as you say but it would need a base map I feel.  A couple of instances where a base map is required would involve a significant change of position with power off.

A motorail journey for one,  Channel tunnel, or a ferry crossing.  Even with a pre stored map there is always that awkward phase exiting a strange port area while the Sat Nav gets its bearings.  Waiting for the clouds to part as well!

2 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Probably as you say but it would need a base map I feel.  A couple of instances where a base map is required would involve a significant change of position with power off.

A motorail journey for one,  Channel tunnel, or a ferry crossing.  Even with a pre stored map there is always that awkward phase exiting a strange port area while the Sat Nav gets its bearings.  Waiting for the clouds to part as well!

Have the ferry test coming up next month when we come back to the UK for a couple of weeks.

On 4/1/2022 at 10:32 AM, IT Troll said:

Yeah, hopefully good news for you, on the face of it. There are intermediate dates populated for mine. The first @ TMMF for 13/04/22, so possibly will go into build next week, but I'm not taking it as gospel. We'll see. Based on the other estimated populated dates, it seems to get stuck @ Zeebrugge for about 2 weeks, but I expect Easter gets in the way. 

After a few days of MyT app telling me doors were unlocked when they weren't, it has now decided that I am allowed to use climate control remotely. Only taken it 3 1/2 months since we got it. Just done the door lock thing again as I write this.

Also got an alert on my phone that the car was completely unlocked a little while ago. I was sat in the car at the time with key and phone on me, very odd.

45 minutes ago, Dexter290 said:

Also got an alert on my phone that the car was completely unlocked a little while ago. I was sat in the car at the time with key and phone on me, very odd.

I bet the car was switched off, and/or in accessory mode. You will get a warning about doors open if the car is off, and you are puttering around in the vicinity, and in you case actually in the car, if you don't lock the doors soon after turning the car off.

You will get the warning, even if you lock the doors some 10 minutes or so after, it takes a little while for the My T app to refresh.

On 4/4/2022 at 7:30 AM, shcm said:

Yeah, hopefully good news for you, on the face of it. There are intermediate dates populated for mine. The first @ TMMF for 13/04/22, so possibly will go into build next week, but I'm not taking it as gospel. We'll see. Based on the other estimated populated dates, it seems to get stuck @ Zeebrugge for about 2 weeks, but I expect Easter gets in the way. 

I'm now totally confused as I was told when I visited the dealer 2 weeks ago that it was made and at sea - then My Toyota suddenly changed to Build in Progress after processing the order since the end of September ! So who is right !  It is saying delivery by 11th May will just have to keep on waiting

8 hours ago, Perranlady said:

I'm now totally confused as I was told when I visited the dealer 2 weeks ago that it was made and at sea - then My Toyota suddenly changed to Build in Progress after processing the order since the end of September ! So who is right !  It is saying delivery by 11th May will just have to keep on waiting

All my dates are estimated (still showing as order processing on MyToyota front end) but based on the estimated dates the shipping from factory to the UK takes a matter of days. There is then a delay of a month sitting at the hub in Derbyshire. Once at the dealership it undergoes a pre delivery inspection which takes a day or so. Based on that, if your car was on a ship yesterday, arrives in the UK yesterday, sits at the hub for a month, is transported to your dealership, inspected and made ready for collection, 11th May would fit - especially given 2 UK bank holidays in between. I would love to know why the cars sit at the hub for so long. Perhaps waiting for a transporter load? Perhaps the time is buffer time in case of delays and they will deliver earlier if all runs smoothly and they can fill a transporter earlier? Who knows, certainly not me!