Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

9 minutes ago, IT Troll said:

I’m guessing that order was placed at a dealership rather than online.

It was, my mistake! 

You’re very lucky having a fixed price on PX AND delivery price. Or unlucky with the fluctuations of used car prices. I was quoted a silly price back in October now £6k less. Not with a Toyota dealer though. 

When ordering online you get an automated trade-in valuation which is subject to confirmation. Just wondering when and what to expect.

On 5/1/2022 at 10:24 AM, Perranlady said:

Since my reply above, my status went to delivery 11th May - which was good as it gave us time to get used to it and sort out how we will get the dogs in etc. before holidays in June - sadly it now looks like it eventually made it onto a car carrier and arrived in Grimsby last week - arrival date now dropped to 31st May, so very disappointed as this all round experience is not good. Was told 2 months ago by dealer it was at sea - obviously not true ! Assume it's sitting in Grimsby waiting to be taken to Derbyshire where it will sit again ! Losing the will to carry on with this order

Have you had any further updates on your delivery?

21 hours ago, IT Troll said:

When ordering online you get an automated trade-in valuation which is subject to confirmation. Just wondering when and what to expect.

Wish I could help. My part-ex was going that route, but it's now going to a friend, which is beneficial to both of us. I advised Toyota online this *may* happen and they said "fine" if it did (just pay total cost), so I expect I may still get contacted about a part-ex inspection.

That contact possibly may be in the next week(s) or so (I hope!). I'll advise when it happens, so you have an idea of timings. The new vehicle allegedly arrived @ the Derbyshire hub yesterday after Zeebrugge, Grimsby etc.

There's obvious things like present your part-ex as well as you can. I expect they will try to knock the part-ex value down, but you never know. I know for example, increased offers on inspection, from people like WBAC, do happen sometimes. When I looked at this, the Toyota valuation was about 10% better than WBAC for me. Remember, while used car prices are possibly not as high as they were, I believe trade-in should still really be giving a little bit extra than the "norm".

If of interest:

The VIN has been visible in the myToyota account data since the vehicle left the factory. The VIN is recognised by the Toyota tecdoc site:

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/euro5search/VehicleSpecifications

and allegedly everything it should have, is fitted! 😀

The "estimatedDeliveryToFinalDestination" improved a little from 27/05/22 to 24/05/22.

Since allegedly arriving in Derbyshire (Burnaston), that date now shows as "1900-01-01"!

This tracking information is very useful, but I often get the feeling the underlying system needed more testing! 😀

Just gone through the 26 week mark from order. The original estimate was 34 weeks delivery.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, shcm said:

The VIN has been visible in the myToyota account data since the vehicle left the factory. The VIN is recognised by the Toyota tecdoc site:

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/euro5search/VehicleSpecifications

That worked for me too. Quite a list of options. Cool tip!

On 5/7/2022 at 7:08 AM, pip57 said:

Have you had any further updates on your delivery?

Hmm !  After Grimsby the tracker showed it on a truck heading for Derbyshire - sadly this has now gone and I'm back in Grimsby - assume it's just this awful tracker - delivery to dealer is still showing 10th May whiich is Tuesday - not banking on it but it would be nice if it at least got there.

The last few days before delivery are all over the place with the tracker. I'd call the dealer, they should have better "intel" on the last leg, i.e. actual delivery to the dealer.

I may be missing something but how are you all finding your date for delivery? 

My T app has my Cross currently sat in Zeebrugge but that's all I can see

5 hours ago, Perranlady said:

Hmm !  After Grimsby the tracker showed it on a truck heading for Derbyshire - sadly this has now gone and I'm back in Grimsby - assume it's just this awful tracker - delivery to dealer is still showing 10th May whiich is Tuesday - not banking on it but it would be nice if it at least got there.

As I have posted on here earlier when I was tracking my car, wherever your car is if it goes back to the previous location it is actually on the move to the next location.  IE your car is showing in Grimsby and it next shows it as being in Zeebrugge it is actually on the way to Burnaston, it appears when it gets scanned out of it's current location (Grimsby) the tracking system looses it and puts it to the previous know location (Zeebrugge).

15 hours ago, JCRT88 said:

I may be missing something but how are you all finding your date for delivery? 

You have to use a desktop browser and extract the information using browser tools. Details here:

1 hour ago, IT Troll said:

You have to use a desktop browser and extract the information using browser tools. Details here:

I have tried that already and again, unless I am missing something - I have tried that method using the order number from my dealership order paperwork and it didn't reveal anything for me. 

1 hour ago, JCRT88 said:

I have tried that already and again, unless I am missing something - I have tried that method using the order number from my dealership order paperwork and it didn't reveal anything for me. 

You shouldn’t need to input anything at all. After you have done

‘Right click>select ‘inspect’

Select ‘Network’

Refresh the browser page’

You will get a whole load of JavaScript fill the ‘inspection box’. 2 of the lines will have your order code at the end. For quick reference your order code also displays above the picture of your vehicle). Click once on the second one and it will expand. One of the lines is ‘IntermediateDeliveries’ or similar, click once to expand and then click each of the lines once to see the etas, leaving date etc.

23 hours ago, Sidrat said:

As I have posted on here earlier when I was tracking my car, wherever your car is if it goes back to the previous location it is actually on the move to the next location.  IE your car is showing in Grimsby and it next shows it as being in Zeebrugge it is actually on the way to Burnaston, it appears when it gets scanned out of it's current location (Grimsby) the tracking system looses it and puts it to the previous know location (Zeebrugge).

Grimsby this morning - but arrived at Dealer late this afternoon - really hope it's correct. Not heard from dealer yet

Yaris cross.JPG

• Like 1

11 hours ago, IT Troll said:

7 hours ago, pip57 said:

You shouldn’t need to input anything at all. After you have done

‘Right click>select ‘inspect’

Select ‘Network’

Refresh the browser page’

You will get a whole load of JavaScript fill the ‘inspection box’. 2 of the lines will have your order code at the end. For quick reference your order code also displays above the picture of your vehicle). Click once on the second one and it will expand. One of the lines is ‘IntermediateDeliveries’ or similar, click once to expand and then click each of the lines once to see the etas, leaving date etc.

Thank you both! It was me simply being stupid and not realising that you needed to log in to see the information.  🤦‍♂️

Pleasantly surprised, it says that my car is currently in Grimsby and will go to Derbyshire today, with no date of delivery to my dealer (as yet) 

On 5/9/2022 at 5:33 PM, Perranlady said:

Grimsby this morning - but arrived at Dealer late this afternoon - really hope it's correct. Not heard from dealer yet

Yaris cross.JPG

Yes it's reached the dealer - sadly no news about collection yet - got the insurance ready but not started until I know time and day

Getting excited, my car arrived in Derbyshire 9/5. Sadly show estimated arrival at my dealer as 6/6. I know that Scotland is a but away from Derbyshire, but 6 weeks? Any idea how long they usually sit in Derbyshire?

7 minutes ago, Martin Thomson said:

Getting excited, my car arrived in Derbyshire 9/5. Sadly show estimated arrival at my dealer as 6/6. I know that Scotland is a but away from Derbyshire, but 6 weeks? Any idea how long they usually sit in Derbyshire?

All depends when transport is available for your area.  They are often a lot quicker than the published date.  

1 hour ago, Martin Thomson said:

Mine also says estimated arrival is 6/6 and I only live about an hour away from Derbyshire. 

It's probably more placeholder than anything else. 

I'm hoping that by the end of next week we should have our cars 

4 hours ago, Perranlady said:

Yes it's reached the dealer - sadly no news about collection yet - got the insurance ready but not started until I know time and day

They do a pre-delivery inspection at the dealership. The dealer tends to be kept in the dark regarding what will turn up when as the customer. Consequently the PDI has to be juggled with scheduled work, services, MOTs etc. That would probably account for the delay.

2 hours ago, JCRT88 said:

Mine also says estimated arrival is 6/6 and I only live about an hour away from Derbyshire. 

It's probably more placeholder than anything else. 

I'm hoping that by the end of next week we should have our cars 

Thanks - fingers crossed we are both happy new owners in the next week or so.

What spec have you ordered - I have gone for dynamic, panoramic roof and city pach in brass gold.

19 hours ago, Martin Thomson said:

Thanks - fingers crossed we are both happy new owners in the next week or so.

What spec have you ordered - I have gone for dynamic, panoramic roof and city pach in brass gold.

Great choice! I would have had the panoramic roof if the option was there. 

I went for the Premiere in Brass Gold 

• Like 1

On 5/11/2022 at 3:53 PM, Perranlady said:

They do a pre-delivery inspection at the dealership. The dealer tends to be kept in the dark regarding what will turn up when as the customer. Consequently the PDI has to be juggled with scheduled work, services, MOTs etc. That would probably account for the delay.

For how long did your cars sit at Grimsby before transport to Derbyshire?

3 hours ago, pip57 said:

For how long did your cars sit at Grimsby before transport to Derbyshire?

Approximately a week - and has been at Derbyshire since Monday. Estimated delivery now showing 26/5 - painfully slow 🐌 🤔😁