Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

18 hours ago, Martin Thomson said:

Approximately a week - and has been at Derbyshire since Monday. Estimated delivery now showing 26/5 - painfully slow 🐌 🤔😁

It’s frustratingly slow isn’t it. The estimated dates in MyT were showing day turnarounds in Zeebrugge and Grimsby and then 5 weeks between Derbyshire and dealer for me. My car then spent at least a week in each location. I’m just hoping that the 5 weeks is ‘buffer time’ that will absorb the delay and the ETA to the dealership won’t slip still further.

On 5/14/2022 at 1:39 PM, Martin Thomson said:

Approximately a week - and has been at Derbyshire since Monday.

Mine only spent a day at Grimsby; now in transit to Derbyshire. I must have caught the transport right. I suspect the the next leg to Scotland will be slower.

3 minutes ago, IT Troll said:

Mine only spent a day at Grimsby; now in transit to Derbyshire. I must have caught the transport right. I suspect the the next leg to Scotland will be slower.

Very jealous, mine must have been left behind in Grimsby when yours was loaded on the transporter to Derbyshire. Perhaps good news for you as it may mean that your car was turned around quickly in order to catch onward transport to Scotland 🤞🙂?

4 hours ago, IT Troll said:

Mine spent two days at at Grimsby, but then has been at Derbyshire since the 10th. 

My estimated delivery is 24th May 

On 5/13/2022 at 5:54 PM, pip57 said:

They do a pre-delivery inspection at the dealership. The dealer tends to be kept in the dark regarding what will turn up when as the customer. Consequently the PDI has to be juggled with scheduled work, services, MOTs etc. That would probably account for the delay.

Getting excited now - collecting 11am tomorrow

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Perranlady said:

Owing to our very bad memory, we’ll need to see photos Sue 😉

6 hours ago, Perranlady said:

🎺🎉🥳 So that was essentially your eta dealership plus 1 week for the PDI.

Edited by pip57

My Yaris Cross arrived at Derby 1 week ago and I am so so lucky that the dealer is 30 min from Toyota Derby, so car arrived at dealer today.. Collecting next Wednesday.. at last.  Ordered Sept 2021

• Like 1

23 hours ago, anchorman said:

Owing to our very bad memory, we’ll need to see photos Sue 😉

3 hours ago, CoopzSenior1962 said:

My Yaris Cross arrived at Derby 1 week ago and I am so so lucky that the dealer is 30 min from Toyota Derby, so car arrived at dealer today.. Collecting next Wednesday.. at last.  Ordered Sept 2021

Collected it this morning in a cloudburst - drove home through huge amounts of standing water and it was superb. Nice tight turning circle which is great for turning it on the drive. Photos when it stops raining.

19 hours ago, pip57 said:

🎺🎉🥳 So that was essentially your eta dealership plus 1 week for the PDI.

Yes - quoted 11th May so not too bad

3 hours ago, Perranlady said:

Collected it this morning in a cloudburst - drove home through huge amounts of standing water and it was superb. Nice tight turning circle which is great for turning it on the drive. Photos when it stops raining.

A couple of photos as it's parked right at the end of the drive - to protect from delivery guy ! ! Got 3 cars now so not much room until the Yeti finds a new home !

P1960123.jpg

P1960124.jpg

• Like 8

Just emailed the dealer and he informs me my vehicle is at sea, and the ETA has been bought forward two weeks to 17/6/22 which is good news. 😊😊It was in-build on the 4th of this month. Still no VIN showing though. It’s been a long—- long  wait 🤪🤪

1 hour ago, Brian Strickson said:

Just emailed the dealer and he informs me my vehicle is at sea, and the ETA has been bought forward two weeks to 17/6/22 which is good news. 😊😊It was in-build on the 4th of this month. Still no VIN showing though. It’s been a long—- long  wait 🤪🤪

That’s good. Mine too has come forward a little to delivery to dealership next week-so hoping to collect early June. No word from the dealership since placing my order though.

Excellent news - the MyT app has just confirmed my car has arrived at my dealer 😁👍. Bad news, I now need to wait on the pre-delivery inspection ☹. Hopefully dealer will arrange my handover soo (early next week?). Interestingly the MyT App also shows that I own the car - before I have paid for it 🤣

I’ve no way of tracking my order only through the dealer. Don’t know what i’m doing IT wise😳😳. I think because mine is a fleet order(discounted) it goes through a different system???? I don’t know, anyway it’s on its way😀😀

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Brian Strickson said:

I’ve no way of tracking my order only through the dealer. Don’t know what i’m doing IT wise😳😳. I think because mine is a fleet order(discounted) it goes through a different system???? I don’t know, anyway it’s on its way😀😀

Possibly not Brian. It relies on whoever it was that placed the order.  I suppose you’re a third party if you’re doing it via fleet.  If you know the email address of the purchaser, you could create an account if they haven’t done so.   

Only know the dealers email. The other is dark matter. Should get a VIN soon 🤞when it’s in the country. No rush. 

So five months after getting ours Have finally seen another Cross on the road. Had to come on holiday to the UK to do it. Southbound M1 near Nottingham yesterday afternoon, silver with black roof. Anyone on here?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dexter290 said:

So five months after getting ours Have finally seen another Cross on the road. Had to come on holiday to the UK to do it. Southbound M1 near Nottingham yesterday afternoon, silver with black roof. Anyone on here?

Well, I've only seen one on the road and one in a car park so far!

So, after ordering my blue red Yaris Cross Excel a few weeks ago, I’ve been occasionally ‘building’ my specification on the Toyota web site. When I ordered it, I think it was 26 weeks estimated delivery.  Over those weeks it has come down and last time I looked it was 21 weeks. I presumed (although certainly do not know) that this is because it is produced as a batch for our market and that this is probably the same estimated date all along!

Imagine my surprise when I looked this morning, and my specification is shown as ‘Delivery from 9 weeks’.  

I presume this is some sort of glitch – I certainly hope they wouldn’t deliver new orders before existing ones!  Or can I expect a pleasant surprise in July? 😀

I'm sure you'll start to see more soon; I felt the same way about the Mk4 when i first got it, used to wave at fellow Mk4 owners (Who usually ignored or didn't see me :laugh: ), but now there're sooo many of them everywhere they're like flies!!!

Even driving schools are using them!

I can seem the same thing happening to the SUV version too - If the normal car is this popular the SUV is likely even more so!

I live in a small Norfolk town, I see two others regularly and occasionally a third, four (including mine) is not bad for a population of just over 7000.

• Like 1

Annoyingly a near neighbour has a Premier sitting in his back yard for over a month now.  Not seen one on the road yet. 

Now 103 days and counting 

Seen a few Yaris Cross's mainly white and Design but none yet with a Panoramic roof :)

I have seen just one, which was when I was travelling on the M6 from the South of England to Scotland! I do live a fairly sheltered existence normally though, working from home in a rural area.

7 hours ago, Impith said:

Imagine my surprise when I looked this morning, and my specification is shown as ‘Delivery from 9 weeks’.  

I presume this is some sort of glitch – I certainly hope they wouldn’t deliver new orders before existing ones!  Or can I expect a pleasant surprise in July? 😀

And now it is back to 21 weeks. I knew it was too good to be true... 🙄