Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

1 hour ago, pip57 said:

I think the issue is and has been that Brian can’t see any tracking information in his MyT app, the map doesn’t show.

The map only shows at certain stages but the same information can be seen on the  Toyota website.  The map isn’t showing on mine currently but it will when there’s something to show.

Don’t know if this has popped up elsewhere but the delivery map shows Zeebrugge and Grimsby which is no longer relevant.  Yaris and Yaris Cross come virtually door to door by train and Corollas go back.

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/the-railway-magazine/20220404/281938841424447

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pip57 said:

I think the issue is and has been that Brian can’t see any tracking information in his MyT app, the map doesn’t show.

Thank you Pip

5 hours ago, anchorman said:

The map only shows at certain stages but the same information can be seen on the  Toyota website.  The map isn’t showing on mine currently but it will when there’s something to show.

Hi, Not certain what stage your car is at but certainly the map appeared on my app about 6 weeks prior to build & remained until my collection day. So, if Brian’s car is built and en route I would have thought the map should appear? It could of course mean that the car has arrived with the dealership?

2 minutes ago, pip57 said:

Hi, Not certain what stage your car is at but certainly the map appeared on my app about 6 weeks prior to build & remained until my collection day. So, if Brian’s car is built and en route I would have thought the map should appear? It could of course mean that the car has arrived with the dealership?

We just collected a Cross for a neighbour and the map came and went.  It needs updating anyway because it shows Zeebrugge and Grimsby as calling points when in fact they come direct by train now.  

4 hours ago, anchorman said:

Don’t know if this has popped up elsewhere but the delivery map shows Zeebrugge and Grimsby which is no longer relevant.  Yaris and Yaris Cross come virtually door to door by train and Corollas go back.

And there was me impressed with stage-by-stage tracking and regular notifications. Turns out it was all fictional.

• Like 1

Quick question. I know it comes with front mats as standard, but do you get rear mats included too?

38 minutes ago, pip57 said:

Going to pay a visit to the dealer tomorrow so get an update. I still think the reason I can’t track it is because i’m buying through a fleet purchase and I don’t get the luxury of showroom dealership?? My vehicle was purchased that way, you don’t set foot in the showroom the keys are brought out to you and off you go. Never mind another twelve days to wait. 🤞🤞🤞

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, IT Troll said:

Quick question. I know it comes with front mats as standard, but do you get rear mats included too?

Yes, front and rear mats 👍

• Thanks 1

On 6/3/2022 at 10:58 PM, Liam57 said:

Is that with Struans Martin?.I've seen a couple of reasonable deals on carwow with them.

Yes, Struans Perth. Small (ish) family dealer - good service so far. Also delighted with Yaris Cross - not many miles in first week, though admired by many.

• Like 2

Yaris Excel ordered 7th Feb

Dealer tells now 7 weeks, ie 5.5 months.  May change. 

Just collected mine. Dynamic AWD with JBL and Safety packs ordered online during the Christmas holiday.

The Smart Connect system couldn't get any data connection at the dealer so I couldn't pair my phone or use Sat Nav. 😞

It established a connection a few miles down the road. I'll have a play tomorrow. The parking assist buzzers went potty when parking in my garage. Glad to read that these can be temporarily muted.

5 hours ago, IT Troll said:

Just collected mine. Dynamic AWD with JBL and Safety packs ordered online during the Christmas holiday.

The Smart Connect system couldn't get any data connection at the dealer so I couldn't pair my phone or use Sat Nav. 😞

It established a connection a few miles down the road. I'll have a play tomorrow. The parking assist buzzers went potty when parking in my garage. Glad to read that these can be temporarily muted.

Keep in mind you have to connect bluetooth and wifi.  

On 6/5/2022 at 12:25 PM, anchorman said:

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/the-railway-magazine/20220404/281938841424447

Does that mean the Aygo X will also be coming via France and not Zeebrugge/Grimsby as indicated on the MyT app for my Aygo X I have on order, as I believe the Yaris Cross is assembled in the same factory as the Aygo?

1 hour ago, anchorman said:

Keep in mind you have to connect Bluetooth and wifi.  

Newer cars with the Smart Connect system come with an embedded data sim which provides a free data connection for 4 years, these do not need any phone or wifi connection form alternative sources, today however Toyotas Servers were down preventing new connections from being setup on MyT

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Newer cars with the Smart Connect system come with an embedded data sim which provides a free data connection for 4 years, these do not need any phone or wifi connection form alternative sources, today however Toyotas Servers were down preventing new connections from being setup on MyT

What do you lose when it expires?

5 hours ago, Jason Monk said:

Does that mean the Aygo X will also be coming via France and not Zeebrugge/Grimsby as indicated on the MyT app for my Aygo X I have on order, as I believe the Yaris Cross is assembled in the same factory as the Aygo?

I think the Aygo is made in the Czech Republic and the Yaris is made in France.  I’m not sure what method they use but train would make a lot of sense.   

55 minutes ago, anchorman said:

I guess you lose the over the air updates and possibly data access through the App.

Buy a new car?  😁

Presumably, like map updates, pay for the service.  4 years is better than the map updates. 

7 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Ah, must have been that, I assumed it was a reception problem. This is the first I have heard about a 4-year limit on the data connection. Surely this is not the case. Without it the Sat Nav does not work at all as it is cloud-based. The promotional material simple states:

its embedded SIM card provides a constant connection to online services. These services are included in the data package provided as part of the new car specification.

The two quotes are not necessarily exclusive, you can have the built in sim that provides a constant connection, and have it limited to 4 years. As with the current built in GPS there is more than likely a "recharge" to pay after the 4 year limit.

Yeah, even with their older cars you only got free (offline) GPS map updates for a certain period of time then after that you had to 'buy' them. I assume this will work on a similar basis (and similarly expensive, but at least you get the data connection for that time as well and not just heinously overpriced map updates!)

But surely they would have to tell you that upfront? I've not found any mention in my documentation that this part of the Yaris Cross specification is time limited or requires a subscription.

I have since found an article about the 2022 C-HR and Corolla which states:

A four-year Toyota Smart Connect package, including local parking and road event information, over-the-air updates and the voice agent, is included in the vehicle’s purchase price.

Then in the comments:

The final pricing of the Smart Connect package is yet to be confirmed. However, it has been advised that a renewal of the subscription should be in the region of £75 per year.

• Like 1

So I just activated my Smart Services and in amongst the pages of T&Cs it does state that it is free for the first four years. The Smart Services included in the bundle are:

• Road Events
  • Fuel Station Finder
  • Cloud Navigation
  • Parking Finder

Strangely, satnav was working fine yesterday before I activated the subscription. The other Connected Services (Find My Car and the remote access features) are listed separately and don't have an expiry date.

6.          DO YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR THE SMART SERVICES?

6.1        We will not charge you for the use of the Smart Services for the first four (4) years starting within the first month of the delivery of your vehicle. You can activate your subscription to the Smart Services at any time. 

Your subscription to the Smart Services will end upon expiration of this four (4) year period. Please note that if you become the second-hand owner of your Toyota vehicle, for example, after one (1) year of use by the previous owner, the Smart Services will be available to you for a period of maximum three (3) years. Upon expiration of this four (4) year period we will provide you, with a service plan so that, if you wish to continue using the Smart Services, you can select the chargeable Smart Services you wish to subscribe to.  

Your subscription to the Smart Services will end upon expiration of this four (4) year period. Please note that if you become the second-hand owner of your Toyota vehicle, for example, after one (1) year of use by the previous owner, the Smart Services will be available to you for a period of maximum three (3) years. Upon expiration of this four (4) year period we will provide you, with a service plan so that, if you wish to continue using the Smart Services on that Toyota vehicle, you can select the chargeable Smart Services you wish to subscribe to.

6.2        In the event that, at any time, we would change our policy and that we would charge the users for their use of the Smart Services, you will be notified of such change beforehand and you will then have the opportunity to cancel your subscription if you do not wish to continue using the Smart Services on a paid-for basis.

• Like 1

Whilst playing with the satnav on the Smart Connect I found a toggle for the viewpoint. The options are 3D, 2D and North. However, the 3D and 2D options are exactly the same and just show a 2D overhead map view. Are others finding the same?

12 hours ago, anchorman said:

Of the top of my head connected services, cloud based navigation & updates

• Like 1