Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

The four Smart Services I listed have a subscription expiry date. The other Connected Services do not.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jason Monk said:

Does that mean the Aygo X will also be coming via France and not Zeebrugge/Grimsby as indicated on the MyT app for my Aygo X I have on order, as I believe the Yaris Cross is assembled in the same factory as the Aygo?

The Aygo X is built in the Czech Republic, the Yaris Cross in France, and the Yaris both in the Czech Republic (same plant as the Aygo X) and France.

6 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The Aygo X is built in the Czech Republic, the Yaris Cross in France, and the Yaris both in the Czech Republic (same plant as the Aygo X) and France.

Ah... I knew I'd seen somewhere a Yaris of one sort or another was being made in the same factory as the Aygo.

What does this subscription cost?   I tend to use the installed satnav as a backup but usually use CarPlay which is free and does that anyway.   The Yaris I have now doesn’t have satnav at all and goes straight to CarPlay by pressing map.  

Incidentally,  I undersealed a brand new Cross yesterday and it had a J VIN No so presumably it didn’t have enough European content to get a French one?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, IT Troll said:

Whilst playing with the satnav on the Smart Connect I found a toggle for the viewpoint. The options are 3D, 2D and North. However, the 3D and 2D options are exactly the same and just show a 2D overhead map view. Are others finding the same?

The 3D gives a slightly angled viewpoint, as you say they look the same.  I have put a query into the Toyota tech team and they replied that a future update may change it.  If others on here contact the tech team they might do something about it.  On my Corolla the satnav would not default to 3D mode, quite a few people put requests into Toyota UK and it did get fixed.

10 hours ago, anchorman said:

What does this subscription cost?   I tend to use the installed satnav as a backup but usually use CarPlay which is free and does that anyway.   The Yaris I have now doesn’t have satnav at all and goes straight to CarPlay by pressing map.

The price hasn't been finalised yet (there are no 4-year old Smart Connect cars yet). One Toyota advisor said to expect something around £75 per year. I think the Smart Services (currently just Road Events, Fuel Station Finder, Cloud Navigation, Parking Finder) need to be improved significantly to warrant the price.

CarPlay on the other hand is awesome.

By the way, the Connected Services (Find My Car, Trip Analytics, Fuel Level, Mileage, Warning Notifications, Remote Lock, Remote Climate Control) are free for 10 years. Not sure what happens after that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sidrat said:

The 3D gives a slightly angled viewpoint, as you say they look the same.

Does that only become evident when moving at speed? Whilst stationary, the 3D and 2D views look identical to me when I switch between them.

The inbuilt navigation is rather average compared to using CarPlay.

6 hours ago, IT Troll said:

The price hasn't been finalised yet (there are no 4-year old Smart Connect cars yet). One Toyota advisor said to expect something around £75 per year. I think the Smart Services (currently just Road Events, Fuel Station Finder, Cloud Navigation, Parking Finder) need to be improved significantly to warrant the price.

CarPlay on the other hand is awesome.

By the way, the Connected Services (Find My Car, Trip Analytics, Fuel Level, Mileage, Warning Notifications, Remote Lock, Remote Climate Control) are free for 10 years. Not sure what happens after that.

I’ll probably have dropped off my perch by then or certainly not bothered where the nearest sub £50 a gallon fuel is 😉

• Haha 1

On 6/12/2022 at 6:10 PM, IT Troll said:

Does that only become evident when moving at speed? Whilst stationary, the 3D and 2D views look identical to me when I switch between them.

The inbuilt navigation is rather average compared to using CarPlay.

If you enter a route and press Go, switch between 2D & 3D and the view angle moves slightly but not what I would class as 3D.  Another thing I have noticed is the nav system keeps losing any favourites I save.  They are there for a few weeks and then disappear.  Another email to Toyota tech report.

On 7/30/2021 at 12:32 PM, Toyota_FanBoy said:

Hi Guys,

July14th Ordered my Yaris Cross Excel without seeing one, interested to see the delivery times of it as I know the Dealerships Demo was delayed till 23rd August so wonder what lead times on customer orders.

Hi, newbie here. I ordered my Yaris Cross Excel in March and delivery was 24 weeks, now just been told it's going to be at least mid November. I bet that changes.

On 6/15/2022 at 6:30 PM, Sidrat said:

If you enter a route and press Go, switch between 2D & 3D and the view angle moves slightly but not what I would class as 3D. 

Thanks I tried that but I still see zero difference. I entered a route, pressed Go. When I toggle between the 2D & 3D camera modes the map doesn't change at all. If I choose the North option then the map rotates to North.

SC2D.thumb.jpg.514be61d3dc489d8d8e88aa82b4801fe.jpg

SC3D.thumb.jpg.4d55041699a39d4deff0c7f0a193e8cf.jpg

52 minutes ago, IT Troll said:

Thanks I tried that but I still see zero difference. I entered a route, pressed Go. When I toggle between the 2D & 3D camera modes the map doesn't change at all. If I choose the North option then the map rotates to North.

SC2D.thumb.jpg.514be61d3dc489d8d8e88aa82b4801fe.jpg

SC3D.thumb.jpg.4d55041699a39d4deff0c7f0a193e8cf.jpg

Sorry for the wobbly video I was doing it on my tablet, as you can see the view perspective moves slightly when changing from 2D to 3D, as I said not really 3D.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for taking the time to upload the video. Mine's definitely not doing that. Which is a bit weird.

Upgrading my Yaris Design to a Yaris Cross Excel while the trade in prices are so favourable (essentially lost no value since I bought it!) and placed my order last week. 

As this is a more long term car, have gone more bells and whistles so also getting pan roof and City / Adventure packs. I know lead times are massive, but wondered if anyone had ordered recently and what the delivery time had been estimated as? My dealership was quite vague on the matter, and am curious as to what others have been told 😊

• Like 2

13 hours ago, IT Troll said:

Thanks for taking the time to upload the video. Mine's definitely not doing that. Which is a bit weird.

When did you pick up your car?  I got mine at the start of April, I wonder if the firmware has changed.

They look like two different media versions.  IT Troll.  Does it change on the move?  Apple maps do.  

34 minutes ago, Sidrat said:

When did you pick up your car?  I got mine at the start of April, I wonder if the firmware has changed.

Collected just a week ago. It said there were no updates, but I’ll try again. I wonder if it is a location thing and they haven’t enabled “3D” in Scotland.

25 minutes ago, anchorman said:

They look like two different media versions.  IT Troll.  Does it change on the move?  Apple maps do.  

Mine is in dark mode, but otherwise they look the same. When moving it just stays in 2D overhead view no matter which camera mode is selected. With Apple Maps I get a proper 3D viewpoint with 3D buildings.

I think 3D buildings is localised if it is what I think you mean.  Google Earth shows buildings in 3D in some areas, in others it shows some buildings and others not at all. 

Time to delivery currently ordered seem pretty close to the ones ordered earlier this year, may be a month longer. 

My early February (pre-war) was forecast June/July, still forecast end July, 6 weeks this Tuesday. 

Arrived at the dealership this morning just in time to see my dynamic awdi being unloaded from the transporter, had to look away in case it the driver miss judged it!!! Don’t realise how dirty they get in transport. Only taken eight months one week to arrive “not long “ PDI now then it’s mine. sorry to sound gloating. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Brian Strickson said:

Arrived at the dealership this morning just in time to see my dynamic awdi being unloaded from the transporter, had to look away in case it the driver miss judged it!!! Don’t realise how dirty they get in transport. Only taken eight months one week to arrive “not long “ PDI now then it’s mine. sorry to sound gloating. 

I was on edge like you Brian when, more than 70 years ago I opened up the package containing my HOPALONG CASSIDY TIMEX WATCH !

A great feeling isn`t it matey ?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, john p williams said:

I was on edge like you Brian when, more than 70 years ago I opened up the package containing my HOPALONG CASSIDY TIMEX WATCH !

A great feeling isn`t it matey ?

Sad in a way, but yes a feeling of Christmas when it really was Christmas!!😀😀 Never got a watch though 👍

• Like 1

5CD21E43-6D15-45D7-9F13-165AE54D9925.thumb.jpeg.168c4ee12e0e6a849fa3b6a74a3f6df7.jpeg842B5E2A-BE71-41D6-B794-7C1838F4859E.thumb.jpeg.da6c07e2402266280d6db8f2029ef308.jpegDelivery was very quick only 254 days 😀😀😀or 6,096 hours. 

At long long last, well worth the wait, drives as well as our P.X. Discovery sport. Very very pleased. 

• Like 6