Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

2 minutes ago, IT Troll said:

2nd week in June, which was about a week after the ETA I got once assigned/scheduled. The wait time from order placement to factory build is highly dependant on the model/spec you have ordered. But I think 4-5 weeks is about normal once the build has started.

Thank you. I won’t hold out too much hope for 11th August then! 

Kate my order was 7th Feb.  The data set showed 16th August.  In otherwords my info is similar to yours. 

The fastest item is build start to completion, no more than a day! 

On 7/6/2022 at 5:11 PM, Jan0 said:

Ordered mine early June with pan roof, was initially told before Christmas, then updated end of November delivery. Have you heard anything from your dealer since?

I suddenly realised the estimated delivery date was on the order form and is the 29th December. I have since had my order amended to remove the City Pack but the date is the same.

• Like 1

When I ordered a blue Cross Excel in April, the estimated date was 30th September. When Toyota stopped blue Cross Excels and I had to change to a red one, the estimated date was 30th November, despite it being only two weeks later.

Today I was updated with an expected delivery to the dealer of 11th October so that was a pleasant surprise.

But it is worth revisiting the blue cross Excel saga – having had mine whisked away from under me, the Toyota web site now lets you order one. However, the latest (June) brochure explicitly states “Galactic Blue is available on Icon and Design grades only.” so something is amiss.  Oh, and as a bonus, the latest price list shows a Cross Excel AWD-i available!

• Like 1

Just gave my Cross a wash after it's first big trip. The front grill is an excellent fly trap! It was a truly disgusting job to clean out the severed and splattered bodies. The rear doors obviously form part of the rear wheel arch. The meeting point of these, with the door seal and plastic cladding, is a real dirt trap. I think it will require regular diligent cleaning to avoid corrosion problems at a later date.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Update - Excel ordered 7 Feb and notified into build today which fits with the vague June/July delivery quoted when we ordered and the dealer update at the end of May. 

Toyota sent the email this afternoon, Sunday, and My T is updated too. 🤞

• Like 2

On 7/17/2022 at 5:19 PM, Roy124 said:

Update - Excel ordered 7 Feb and notified into build today which fits with the vague June/July delivery quoted when we ordered and the dealer update at the end of May. 

Toyota sent the email this afternoon, Sunday, and My T is updated too. 🤞

Tuesday now left factory and showing at Zeebrugge 

• Like 2

In other peoples experience, how long did you have to wait for your car to arrive from in transit to collection?

4 minutes ago, Andi22 said:

In other peoples experience, how long did you have to wait for your car to arrive from in transit to collection?

It was a day to Zeebrugge, 1 week in Zeebrugge, a day to ship, 2 weeks to get to the hub and the 1 week from hub to dealership. I was contacted straightaway when it arrived with the dealership BUT they didn’t do the PDI (or at least didn’t check the car against the order properly).

• Thanks 1

Did anyone else take SMARTGUARD and or GardX? Did you receive any paperwork, details of how to contact about stone chip repairs etc.?

4 hours ago, pip57 said:

It was a day to Zeebrugge, 1 week in Zeebrugge, a day to ship, 2 weeks to get to the hub and the 1 week from hub to dealership. I was contacted straightaway when it arrived with the dealership BUT they didn’t do the PDI (or at least didn’t check the car against the order properly).

So roughly 4 weeks! Brilliant thank you so much for the breakdown. 4 weeks to go then 

6 hours ago, pip57 said:

Did anyone else take SMARTGUARD and or GardX? Did you receive any paperwork, details of how to contact about stone chip repairs etc.?

Pip, yes, the salesman was very specific and emphasised that any chip and as soon as possible.  It was included in the deal, as was servicing, and I hope there will be more information when we get the car. 

I had Gardx when I got mine. Confirmation paperwork arrived via email the day after I took delivery.

On 7/21/2022 at 6:43 PM, Andi22 said:

So roughly 4 weeks! Brilliant thank you so much for the breakdown. 4 weeks to go then 

My dealer rang me today, 3 days after the heads up from Toyota, and said basically a week at Zeebrugge, two weeks at Derby and a week with them.  That puts the handover very adjacent to the 16th Aug I found when data mining on the website.  It's just a shame that the F12/network isn't returning anything now. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

My dealer rang me today, 3 days after the heads up from Toyota, and said basically a week at Zeebrugge

Interesting that they are saying that. In theory the cars are meant to be come by train.

https://media.toyota.co.uk/toyota-launches-cross-channel-rail-freight-service-to-cut-emissions-from-its-logistics-operations/

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Big_D said:

I had Gardx when I got mine. Confirmation paperwork arrived via email the day after I took delivery.

Thanks. I have contacted the dealership as I haven’t received anything yet and have a small stone chip that I want fixing.

6 minutes ago, IT Troll said:

Interesting that they are saying that. In theory the cars are meant to be come by train.

https://media.toyota.co.uk/toyota-launches-cross-channel-rail-freight-service-to-cut-emissions-from-its-logistics-operations/

I think they must have stopped (or not yet started) using the train as mine definitely came in by boat through Grimsby.

2 minutes ago, pip57 said:

I think they must have stopped (or not yet started) using the train as mine definitely came in by boat through Grimsby.

If there are unequal numbers they may have more Yaris to send by sea or they may have been watching the rail pay disputes. 

Ordered my Yaris Cross Premiere AWD in September - eventually arrived Mid May, so not that much time to get used to driving it before our holiday trip from Cornwall to Berkshire (Husbands birthplace and he still loves The Thames) Wanted to re-assure those of you waiting for yours it really is worth the wait - we shared the 300+ miles each way plus the miles while we were there and we both loved it. Rather more beeping than we would have liked (lane changing etc.) but think I've managed to turn that off. We've now done just under 1,000 miles and we both agree it was the best choice - dogs managed to jump in the back - although have a ramp ready for the old one when he needs it. Fuel consumption was really good averaging 58-64mpg although it doesn't approve of "hard accelerations"  Hmm !

Photo is Goldie parked next to the cabin & Longmoor Lake.

All round it's a lovely car that's a pleasure to drive - hope they manage to speed up manufacture.

P1970658.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Perranlady said:

Rather more beeping than we would have liked (lane changing etc.) but think I've managed to turn that off.

I think you can only permanently turn off lane centering. The warning beeps come back next time you power on. I'm trying to train myself to always indicate, even on empty roads.

31 minutes ago, IT Troll said:

I think you can only permanently turn off lane centering. The warning beeps come back next time you power on. I'm trying to train myself to always indicate, even on empty roads.

It was doing the beeping when husband was driving while we were away - my driving is just local - the "hard accelerations" are necessary as I have to cross or join the A30 every time I go out if you hang about you'd never get anywhere ! We now have the joys of many thousands of visitors which is always fun as they tend to drive  down the middle of our little lanes !

The punch the new hybrid drivetrain has is so good :biggrin: 

There aren't many cars you can drive for economy AND power! :naughty:

1 hour ago, IT Troll said:

Yeah you have to hold down the LTA button for 5 seconds every time you start the car if you want to turn if off alas. I assume it's a compliance thing why you can't disable it as a preference.

I can't turn it off as I use the auto-steer extensively... :biggrin: 

• Like 2

The transit times are not broken down on the App. Three days after my App reported in transit at Zeebrugge my dealer rang with 'one week at Zeebrugge, 2 weeks at Derby, one week at the garage.' 

The App showed the next point as the dealer. 

However, if you log in to My Toyota online you get more information.  True to my dealer's phone message, the car is now shown to be at Grimsby, next stop Derby. 

Looking good for mid August. 

On 7/22/2022 at 7:43 PM, pip57 said:

Toyota's aim is to transport 70K cars by rail within Europe annually. In 2021, 128K cars were built at Burnaston and 107K at Valenciennes - 235K in total excluding Aygo and Yaris production in the Czech Republic. So viewing these figures, a high proportion of European manufactured Toyotas will still be shipped by sea.

• Thanks 1

On 7/22/2022 at 7:21 PM, Roy124 said:

My dealer rang me today, 3 days after the heads up from Toyota, and said basically a week at Zeebrugge, two weeks at Derby and a week with them.  That puts the handover very adjacent to the 16th Aug I found when data mining on the website.  It's just a shame that the F12/network isn't returning anything now. 

F12/network now showing delivery to final destination 18 August. This is 2 days later than the previous info.  The F12 option does not show such dates all the time. 

Is delivery to final destination to me or the garage?