Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

21 hours ago, Roy124 said:

F12/network now showing delivery to final destination 18 August. This is 2 days later than the previous info.  The F12 option does not show such dates all the time. 

Is delivery to final destination to me or the garage? 

Checked today, now on route to Derby, and delivery forward a week from the 16th to the 9th.

The F12 now fully populated but the VIN does not yet compute. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Checked today, now on route to Derby, and delivery forward a week from the 16th to the 9th.

The F12 now fully populated but the VIN does not yet compute. 

And now at Derby, so moved on from Grimsby in short order.

3 hours ago, Roy124 said:

And now at Derby, so moved on from Grimsby in short order.

It’s month end - I wouldn’t be surprised if arrives with your dealership today so they can get it into their July figures.

Pip, they would have to work hard to do the final PDI, fit the cameras and add the polish they included in the deal. 

Not had a peep from the dealer since last week.  Not let on that we are tracking online. 

On 7/29/2022 at 2:29 PM, Roy124 said:

Pip, they would have to work hard to do the final PDI, fit the cameras and add the polish they included in the deal. 

Not had a peep from the dealer since last week.  Not let on that we are tracking online. 

Mine did…but then they definitely forgot my camera…and didn’t even realise when I went in to query how I connect to the Dashcam! It was only when I went back again and said ‘Erm I think probably you forgot to fit my camera’ that they realised that they hadn’t done. I also didn’t receive any paperwork regarding the SMARTGUARD and GardX so am hoping that they did them! The salesman is chasing up so will know soon. When you take delivery I would be interested to hear whether it is a Toyota branded Nextbase on yours.

I didn't get any paper work either, just the car kit when I asked about it on collection, which had the salesman scrambling to find it!

If you paid for it and it's on the invoice, it's warrantied so you can contact the companies behind it and get them to send someone to reapply it if you don't think it's been done - That's what I did as it didn't look like it had been applied to mine by the dealer, judging by the total lack of hydrophobicity (Is that even a word??), and the fact the PDI hadn't been done either (Stickers still on everything, tyres all at 60psi storage pressures!).

Toyota seems to suggest PDI for tyre pressure is at Derby. 

Hi Folks, 
I ordered mine 4th March, being told end of Sept/early oct for an Excel model, still not showing in My T or online, is there a way to find out more info without contacting the dealer??
Thanks

Tom, sort of. 

First the advice published in the forum. Use the Chrome browser (it seems best). Open your Toyota account and select car purchased. 

Now press Function-F12 and select the Network option. 

Enter your order number in the search box and then press Ctrl-R. 

Lots of stuff maybe downloaded and your order number highlighted. If you the cursor to the last line of each block another window will pop up and show lots of detail. 

This can include where it is and dates. 

Now I often found this was not populated at all, or having been populated it disappears. 

However I got an email from Toyota 3 days before the car was to be made.  Thereafter progress was on line as indicated above. 

My dealer also rang with a time table - factory to Zeebrugge one week, to Grimsby one week, Derby 2 weeks, dealer one week. 

It is following that timetable although the dates moved forward one week. 

Ordered a new Yaris Cross in Galactic Blue with Tech Pack beginning of June, I was quoted a delivery date of 22nd November but on reading the previous posts about delivery times I am not holding my breath to take delivery then. I am not in any immediate rush as I have had my Mk 4 Yaris for just over a year with no problems (except android auto which has now been resolved) I have been offered about the same amount I paid as part exchange which I am pleased about but if Toyota resolve their supply issues for the chips etc will the same part exchange price be as competitive when my new Yaris Cross is ready for collection? Do I sell now and down grade to a smaller, cheaper second hand car and take advantage of the high prices for selling low mileage hybrids? 

6 minutes ago, MikeB2 said:

if Toyota resolve their supply issues for the chips etc will the same part exchange price be as competitive when my new Yaris Cross is ready for collection? Do I sell now and down grade to a smaller, cheaper second hand car and take advantage of the high prices for selling low mileage hybrids? 

Who knows for certain??

On 7/29/2022 at 2:29 PM, Roy124 said:

Did you get delivery yet Roy? Were the cameras what you expected or were they aftermarket cameras (assuming of course that you weren’t expecting aftermarket cameras!)? Is your paintwork hydrophobic?

Mike, your date is adjacent to the period for mine, you should get in before Christmas. 

Pip, it was delivered to the dealer last week.  Apart from a missed phone call in response to my query last Thursday I have heard not a dickie bird.  I am distinctly unimpressed. 

No rush as we have nothing planned and I last drove the Corolla on the 4th.  Battery down to 10v and fuel distance to go showing 30 miles. It's 10 to the dealer. 

• Like 1

Still on the Corolla, went for a short drive yesterday.  Checked the Battery voltage before we went, it had gone up to over 11.  Most odd. 

1 hour ago, Roy124 said:

Still on the Corolla, went for a short drive yesterday.  Checked the battery voltage before we went, it had gone up to over 11.  Most odd. 

Most odd. Does it have regenerative braking or anything? For the Cross where does the app have it currently- still in Derby, enroute to dealership or with the dealership? I had no updates from my dealership at all between order and delivery

Pip, regenerative braking requires the car the brake.  It had not moved between readings. 

My Cross has been at the garage since Tuesday week with not a word from the dealer.  I was happy to wait but SWMBO asked me to ring them.  "he is with a customer". 

That was 15 minutes ago.  Hope he makes a sale. 

2 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Pip, regenerative braking requires the car the brake.  It had not moved between readings. 

My Cross has been at the garage since Tuesday week with not a word from the dealer.  I was happy to wait but SWMBO asked me to ring them.  "he is with a customer". 

That was 15 minutes ago.  Hope he makes a sale. 

Two hours later I rang. No one had told him I had rung.  As expected, as he was on holiday nothing had been done.  Having rung him I have an appointment Monday to complete the page work and arrange a date for collection.  Minded to wait until September. 

Ahh, is yours a Jemca franchise as well? :laugh: 

That's my normal experience of trying to speak to anyone at my local dealer over the phone! E-mail was even worse - Only e-mail response I've had was when I e-mailed Toyota GB about a part number and they must have forwarded it onto them despite me telling them not to because they hadn't answered any of my other e-mails!

I think 99% of the time when I've called it's been redirected to the call centre as nobody there ever picks up despite sitting at their desks all the time even with people waiting...

Usually if I want something I force myself to drive down there or call the other further-away dealer (Who have an actual parts desk with an actual working human!).

Lol, no, but I had previously emailed the sales manager about number plates.  We plan on an EU trip next spring and I want UK plates "we can't we have to buy them in at 100 at a time.  If you get them....." 

They have at least 5 major outlets. 

Anyway, why can't he get his **** in gear and get down to Halfords

• Like 1

Just had an update from the dealer. I was expecting delivery of my new Cross towards the end of November but have now been informed likely delivery is February ish next year! Not in any great rush but I at least will have a 2023 car (albeit it will still be a 72 plate.)

• Like 2

Mike,  IIRC someone (Frosty?)  said all current My had been allocated,  that was a little while ago. 

My Feb order was for MY21.   Interesting to see what it actually is. 

Interesting topic this! Ordered our Yaris Cross a week ago (Excel AWD in silver) and told 'the system' predicts delivery Dec/Jan (ahem) but we will see.... Salesperson reckons that for some reason AWD variants are coming through faster, but realistically, whenever someone in the motor trade talks to me, I assume the default Jeremy Paxman mode ("when I interview politicians, I always think, why is this lying b****rd lying to me?")

The good news is that my local dealer instantly offered to match (and indeed beat) a broker price, which in turn is cheaper than many of the used cars I've seen advertised on both the Toyota web site and via AutoTrader. Had to go there in person of course because they never answer the phones or ring back or even respond to emails.....

And once again, huge thanks to the forum members for their helpful comments so far, which enabled me to decide on the spec

• Like 1

On 8/13/2022 at 3:18 PM, MikeB2 said:

Just had an update from the dealer. I was expecting delivery of my new Cross towards the end of November but have now been informed likely delivery is February ish next year! Not in any great rush but I at least will have a 2023 car (albeit it will still be a 72 plate.)

my Excel EDD is end of Dec, I have no any news from dealer yet. Is there any benefit for getting a 2023 car?

9 hours ago, isnsiie said:

my Excel EDD is end of Dec, I have no any news from dealer yet. Is there any benefit for getting a 2023 car?

There are no details on the 23 spec yet but there are usually revisions of some kind with such a change.  In my opinion, there should be a benefit in terms of future value when you can trade it in as the 23 model if nothing else.  

22 hours ago, SinglePointSafety said:

Interesting topic this! Ordered our Yaris Cross a week ago (Excel AWD in silver) and told 'the system' predicts delivery Dec/Jan (ahem) but we will see.... Salesperson reckons that for some reason AWD variants are coming through faster, but realistically, whenever someone in the motor trade talks to me, I assume the default Jeremy Paxman mode ("when I interview politicians, I always think, why is this lying b****rd lying to me?")

The good news is that my local dealer instantly offered to match (and indeed beat) a broker price, which in turn is cheaper than many of the used cars I've seen advertised on both the Toyota web site and via AutoTrader. Had to go there in person of course because they never answer the phones or ring back or even respond to emails.....

And once again, huge thanks to the forum members for their helpful comments so far, which enabled me to decide on the spec

How did you manage to order AWD? Afaik some features inc. AWD, headup display etc. are not available in the UK since late May.