Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

2 hours ago, anchorman said:

There are no details on the 23 spec yet but there are usually revisions of some kind with such a change.  In my opinion, there should be a benefit in terms of future value when you can trade it in as the 23 model if nothing else.  

It's a bit tricky to guess as some of the newer specs have stuff removed (e.g. new Yaris Mk4's have got a bigger headunit but with less physical buttons and knobs, and lost the HUD option completely, which may make the HUD-equipped models slightly more desirable later)

Just done the paper work on my YX Excel,  very interesting. As per the contract the current prices apply.  The basic price has dropped by £720.83 and dropping the City Pack another £57.50.  The delivery charge did not increase from £605 to £705.

Px allowance however dropped by £1212. However the part exchange settlement figure also dropped by £1919 for the payments made since I ordered. The result is the final cost has dropped by £1762 😊

The final bit,  and nothing to do with me or the dealer,  DVLA decided to issue the registration for 1 Sep. 

All round happy. 

While we were there we had a look at the BZ4X.   Bigger centre screen and massive centre console. I guess front seat canoddle could be difficult. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Roy124 said:

DVLA decided to issue the registration for 1 Sep. 

The dealer has a selection of registration numbers allocated and registers the car using an online system with DVLA - and the registration isn't  usually completed until the day the car is collected (which is also when the VED is active from). So it is all down to the dealer when the car is registered.

For example when we bought two new Mazdas on the same day, I asked for consecutive registration numbers, and was able to choose from the dealer's allocation, which ones to have.

• Like 1

Indeed we were once offered a choice of numbers and rejected 666.  As for the September registration,  I can only report what I was told. 

I have the registration number.   Some years ago my new car was delivered on false plates.   The dealer drove it over,  changed the plates on my drive and I agreed not to take it out until the following day, a Sunday IIRC. 

• Haha 1

Some time ago I posted that I had ordered a Galactic Blue Yaris Cross Excel [Pan/JBL] in April, expected delivery end September, only to have it ripped away from me when my dealer told me Toyota had stopped production of the blue in the Excel, and my order was cancelled. I duly changed to a red one, expected delivery End November.

Imagine my surprise when a couple of weeks ago I was told the blue one was on its way to the dealers. In fact, it had a bit of a layover in Derby whilst it had mudflaps and mats fitted, but today I picked it up.

I had queried that the blue one had not been removed from the MyT app as being purchased, but it just seemed to be how it was. Now I’m a bit worried that the red one is still showing as well. Maybe Toyota are doing a “buy one get one free” deal?

So – ordered April, delivered August 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Stopping production of some models has not effected orders already in the  system then.

44 minutes ago, Impith said:

Some time ago I posted that I had ordered a Galactic Blue Yaris Cross Excel [Pan/JBL] in 😊

Sounds like the original order wasn’t really cancelled after all.  I suppose it’s a matter of “Don’t ask no questions and you won’t  get no lies” but it would be nice to know what was really going on. 

• Like 2

On 8/15/2022 at 9:50 AM, Jan0 said:

How did you manage to order AWD? Afaik some features inc. AWD, headup display etc. are not available in the UK since late May.

Jan0, one of the forum members (IT Troll) kindly posted a link to the MY23 price list, which the dealer has access to (of course) even though it didn't appear on the Toyota web site (but not checked recently)

Not sure where to post this, but here is a funny thing:

On Monday we met the salesman and signed off the the deal which will be for delivery on the 1st Sep.  After a 7 month wait, with a further 2 weeks to go I feel a sense of anti-climax.  Nevertheless I have been checking My T to see if its 'plates' appear on the App.

The App shows in My Garage as both Purchased and Owned.  No registration yet but I tapped the Yaris and noticed a res dot against the Padlock symbol.  Funny.

I pressed the padlock and up popped a schematic of the car, a red exclam, and the date and time 16 Aug 0946.

I pressed the exclam only to see the Keys left inside the car.

Good to see it is 'alive' and the garage obviously got the keys to do the work. 

On 8/15/2022 at 6:16 PM, Roy124 said:

Just done the paper work on my YX Excel,  very interesting. As per the contract the current prices apply.  The basic price has dropped by £720.83 and dropping the City Pack another £57.50.  The delivery charge did not increase from £605 to £705.

Px allowance however dropped by £1212. However the part exchange settlement figure also dropped by £1919 for the payments made since I ordered. The result is the final cost has dropped by £1762 😊

The final bit,  and nothing to do with me or the dealer,  DVLA decided to issue the registration for 1 Sep. 

All round happy. 

While we were there we had a look at the BZ4X.   Bigger centre screen and massive centre console. I guess front seat canoddle could be difficult. 

How long did it take for the dealer to get in contact with you to let you know your car was ready to pick up. Mine has been with them for 2 dates and I’ve heard nothing

Andi, he didn't.  It was with them 9 days.  We rang on day 3, they rang back.  I missed the call, they never followed up.  Then we rang them and the salesman arranged an appointment for the following Monday.  He had been on holiday.

I don't think they know about the developer source online or exactly how Toyota keeps us in the loop.

PS, they are also in the dark about the Corolla Cross and did not know they were on sale in the USA.  Different market but their information is very insular.

21 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Andi, he didn't.  It was with them 9 days.  We rang on day 3, they rang back.  I missed the call, they never followed up.  Then we rang them and the salesman arranged an appointment for the following Monday.  He had been on holiday.

I don't think they know about the developer source online or exactly how Toyota keeps us in the loop.

PS, they are also in the dark about the Corolla Cross and did not know they were on sale in the USA.  Different market but their information is very insular.

Oh that’s ridiculous! I’ve just emailed them to see if I can pick my car up Sept 1st. You would think that they would let you know considering how long we have been waiting for the cars to come in the first place 

• Like 1

Don’t know which ports Toyota deliver their cars to but I’m starting to get worried that the strikes at Felixstowe will have a knock on effect on delivery times.

Some models (Aygo X, Yaris, Yaris Cross) built in France and the Czech Republic are being delivered to the UK by rail using the rail freight hub at Toton, Notts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimota said:

Don’t know which ports Toyota deliver their cars to but I’m starting to get worried that the strikes at Felixstowe will have a knock on effect on delivery times.

They come in through Grimsby port from Zeebrugge 

41 minutes ago, pip57 said:

They come in through Grimsby port from Zeebrugge 

Or as Frosty said by train.   I think it was mentioned that both routes are used. 

Yeah, Toyota are trying to reduce their emissions so are starting to use trains more than ferries.

Have to give them some props for that as I know the train route is more expensive than by ferry!

1 hour ago, pip57 said:

But the train is used both ways. 

On 8/18/2022 at 3:30 PM, Roy124 said:

Not sure where to post this, but here is a funny thing:

On Monday we met the salesman and signed off the the deal which will be for delivery on the 1st Sep.  After a 7 month wait, with a further 2 weeks to go I feel a sense of anti-climax.  Nevertheless I have been checking My T to see if its 'plates' appear on the App.

The App shows in My Garage as both Purchased and Owned.  No registration yet but I tapped the Yaris and noticed a res dot against the Padlock symbol.  Funny.

I pressed the padlock and up popped a schematic of the car, a red exclam, and the date and time 16 Aug 0946.

I pressed the exclam only to see the Keys left inside the car.

Good to see it is 'alive' and the garage obviously got the keys to do the work. 

The App now has more car details.   On the 22nd it was driven to the dealers so I suspect it was in a pound nearer the town.   On the 24th the car is shown locked and needs the key to open it. 

I also have the option for turning the conditioning on.   Now that might make them jump.  😁

PS,  found the pound on Google,  a dozen cars there. 

I took my Yaris Cross into the highlands for a few days. It handled well on some of the more demanding (and fun) roads and tracks. I completely maxed out the charge on the traction Battery coming down the mountains.

ITTrollYC.thumb.jpg.64a3ece5653bb3624f1fafbff0e90863.jpg

• Like 5

On 8/24/2022 at 12:49 PM, Roy124 said:

The App now has more car details.   On the 22nd it was driven to the dealers so I suspect it was in a pound nearer the town.   On the 24th the car is shown locked and needs the key to open it. 

I also have the option for turning the conditioning on.   Now that might make them jump.  😁

PS,  found the pound on Google,  a dozen cars there. 

I see my car has been out on the road again for a very short trip. 😄

• Haha 2

I ordered a Toyota Cross in July i had a phone call this week my car will not be in until January a month later than when i ordered 

I am looking at a Yaris Cross Excel.

I see they have have taken off JBL option off the online customisation for 2023 cars. I wish they also kept an option for 17th wheels (6 mpg better)

Do any of you know when do Toyota revise their specifications/prices.

I know Volvo does twice yearly so called MyXX and MYXX.5 (I think April/May and October/November)

45 minutes ago, Tmac said:

I ordered a Toyota Cross in July i had a phone call this week my car will not be in until January a month later than when i ordered 

Par for the course.  Early Feb 22 arrived mid Aug just over 6 months.  You have Christmas to contend with.