Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

6 hours ago, NeverConsideredToyota said:

I am looking at a Yaris Cross Excel.

I see they have have taken off JBL option off the online customisation for 2023 cars. I wish they also kept an option for 17th wheels (6 mpg better)

Do any of you know when do Toyota revise their specifications/prices.

I know Volvo does twice yearly so called MyXX and MYXX.5 (I think April/May and October/November)

I think you’re probably right with the Oct/Nov.  Devon Ago tends to have his finger on the pulse with such things.

8 hours ago, Tmac said:

I ordered a Toyota Cross in July i had a phone call this week my car will not be in until January a month later than when i ordered 

I ordered mid May and I asked Toyota UK for lead time and they confirmed 6 month lead time back then so no idea why you were told sooner!

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered my  white coloured Yaris Cross Design, with no additional extras, on 18 May and was informed that the delivery time would be 5-6 months.  All sorts of rumours are flying around that vehicle delivery times are being extended (not just Toyotas) in the UK.  I do emphasise that these are just rumours from unconfirmed sources and it may be a load of nonsense.  However, I felt the need to contact my local dealer to establish if I was still on track to receive my Yaris.  Although I haven’t been given any specific dates, I was told to expect delivery at the tail end of October.  Time will tell!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jimota said:

Ordered my  white coloured Yaris Cross Design, with no additional extras, on 18 May and was informed that the delivery time would be 5-6 months.  All sorts of rumours are flying around that vehicle delivery times are being extended (not just Toyotas) in the UK.  I do emphasise that these are just rumours from unconfirmed sources and it may be a load of nonsense.  However, I felt the need to contact my local dealer to establish if I was still on track to receive my Yaris.  Although I haven’t been given any specific dates, I was told to expect delivery at the tail end of October.  Time will tell!

It will probably be November or December but you literally cannot know for sure! I would imagine design models would be quicker but who knows.

40 minutes ago, raymondolee said:

It will probably be November or December but you literally cannot know for sure! I would imagine design models would be quicker but who knows.

Why?  

It really depends on essential difference components - seats, media systems - with much of the rest being just detail. The panoramic roof might be big item. 

1 hour ago, Roy124 said:

Why?  

It really depends on essential difference components - seats, media systems - with much of the rest being just detail. The panoramic roof might be big item. 

Pan roof and JBL along with tech pack and city pack have big delays! JBL has already been removed from sale for this reason. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, raymondolee said:

Pan roof and JBL along with tech pack and city pack have big delays! JBL has already been removed from sale for this reason. 

But Excel has none of these apart from City Pack which is a 50:50 choice.  If you go for the standard Excel I cannot see why it should necessarily take longer.  The Smart Connect might be an issue though. 

4 hours ago, Roy124 said:

If you go for the standard Excel I cannot see why it should necessarily take longer.  The Smart Connect might be an issue though. 

Seems so, just been informed of a 3-month delay from the previously confirmed Oct date. 

18 hours ago, Roy124 said:

But Excel has none of these apart from City Pack which is a 50:50 choice.  If you go for the standard Excel I cannot see why it should necessarily take longer.  The Smart Connect might be an issue though. 

The point I was making was a design model doesn’t require as many parts as the excel, An excel model requires more semiconductors for HD screen, BSM and intelligent parking sensors. That’s the reason I believe why icon and design models are delivered quicker unless you have opted for the Extra pan roof, JBL or tech pack

Hello, 

Here in Macedonia the waiting time is 12months. I ordered mine in February and still is not in production yet.

• Like 3

I haven't read the whole thread as its 40 pages long,  could i ask why there is such a long wait is demand so high or manufacturing so slow or a bit of both?

Every car has a wait list, some makes and models longer than others. There's a war on. 

Covid lockdown also created supply issues which created earlier delays and led to demand exceeding supply.  In some cases wait lists are well over a year. 

My dealer started inviting me to consider a new car when my first was 12 months into a 42 month contract. 

We accepted an invite at the 23 month point and thinking of waiting until the Corolla Cross was available.  In the event the Yaris Cross ticked all the boxes and the deal offered was an unchanged payment.  We took delivery at the 30 month point. 

I think we will have to live with long lead times for some time to come. 

• Like 4

Checked the “My T” app this morning and the usual display had changed.  Instead of showing the process and build date etc, it was replaced by “Contact Your Dealer”.  Being a curious type of person, I contacted my local dealer to find out the latest update.  Dylan, a really pleasant salesman, checked the Toyota system but couldn’t find any further updates or information.  He did suggest that the car may have been built and is awaiting transportation to the UK.  My initial delivery date was given as 5-6 months and Dylan gave me an update last week that it could be near the tail end of October.  Maybe his estimation is spot on.  Anyway, it’s still a case of wait and see.

3 hours ago, Jimota said:

Checked the “My T” app this morning and the usual display had changed.  Instead of showing the process and build date etc, it was replaced by “Contact Your Dealer”.  Being a curious type of person, I contacted my local dealer to find out the latest update.  Dylan, a really pleasant salesman, checked the Toyota system but couldn’t find any further updates or information.  He did suggest that the car may have been built and is awaiting transportation to the UK.  My initial delivery date was given as 5-6 months and Dylan gave me an update last week that it could be near the tail end of October.  Maybe his estimation is spot on.  Anyway, it’s still a case of wait and see.

Interesting. My app says the same on my Apple App but on android and pc it still says processing order! 

somebody on Facebook group says she called her dealer after having same message and they told her the Dynamic she ordered in April was no longer available and told her to order the GRsport instead.

As I said before, it all seems a bit of a lottery.  This is my first time dealing with Toyota and I’m keeping an open mind on how this develops.

Toyota are almost the opposite of Tesla - Tesla are great at software but their mechanicals are... not great, while Toyota's mechanicals are fantastic but their software is... not great :laugh: 

• Like 3

Not as bad as a blue screen of death on the A1 - reboot. 

A friend in a Nissan, driving down the A1 at night, it all went dark.  No lights, no engine, no power steering at night.  Oops. 

My excel Citi pack ordered mid-April just started being built (at least I hope, that's what desktop myT says, myT app still shows processing order) , was initially quoted end of September delivery but hoping now to get it early November, very excited about it!

• Like 1

My predicament is whether or not to spend £400 on all season tyres for this Yaris or wait until the Cross comes. Knowing my luck, if I hold off  I’ll get stuck in the hills of Derbyshire overnight and the flippin AWD Cross will show up in March when the weather improves.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The My T app has reverted back to “Processing Order” from “Contact Your Retailer”.  The app now shows a map of the route the car will take after it leaves the factory.  Still keeping an open mind and philosophical about the delivery process.

• Like 1

I've had a dynamic on order since April and just found out today i have to have a GR sports model. Has this happened to anyone else? I've told them i don't like the GR sport and can they find a cancelled Dynamic order for me.  Don't think there's much hope of that though.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

What is it you don't like about the GR Sport? Could you change to e.g. an Excel or something more appropriate instead, or are they forcing you to change to a GR Sport or nothing?

I must admit I really don't like this trend of the cost and spec being unilaterally changed AFTER you order it. Like, what's the point of choosing colour and spec etc. if they're going to change it later?? May as well have chosen one of the cheaper pre-build specs they usually advertise!

In fact they may as well have a preset block of cars that will actually be made and just have you pick one of them, instead of wasting your time pouring over a custom build then changing it later...

21 hours ago, anchorman said:

My predicament is whether or not to spend £400 on all season tyres for this Yaris or wait until the Cross comes. Knowing my luck, if I hold off  I’ll get stuck in the hills of Derbyshire overnight and the flippin AWD Cross will show up in March when the weather improves.  

Ack that's quite the dilemma... I think the diameters are different too so you wouldn't be transferable even if the rims were the same size :sad: 

I suppose you could get some cheap or part-worn ones to tide you over, but could that be worse??

(My dad got some cheap tyres for his Verso recently from some dodgy garage... I'm all for saving money but not at the expense of safety. They didn't even remove the tyre sticker properly!!! :pinch:)