Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

10 hours ago, Crieffy said:

I ordered a Yaris Cross GR Sport in Ash Grey on the 29th of September, and was surprised when they said I should have it in December. I didn't go for any options at all, whereas if I'd gone for a Design, in Silver with black wheels, it was going to be next April. There wasn't a huge difference in price after adding those options, and the GR Sport has a few other nice features as standard.

I'm not a fan of machine finished wheels though, as they usually look terrible after a couple of years. There are no wheel options on the Sport trim unfortunately. Would rather have painted black ones (anybody want some 18" GR Sport wheels in December??!)

I might be interested.  Where you thinking sell or swap?  I’m having an icon and I don’t like them.

• Like 1

Popped into my local dealership with my son as he was interested in the Yaris Design. After a bit of haggling he put down his deposit and now awaits delivery between 6 - 8 months.  Whilst I was there I enquired about delivery of my own Yaris Cross.  Initially, I was told the the car would be delivered at the tail end of October but now it looks like the tail end of December.

• Like 3

On 10/4/2022 at 12:49 AM, JOHNLEE said:

Hi, happy to find this forum to talk about the Yaris Cross!

I was lucky enough to order the Yaris Cross Dynamic AWD-i (the very very last batch) with panroof on 26 Aug. The lead time is 6 month and est 28 Feb 2023.

What surprised me is the message of "build in progress" has been shown on 23 Sep!! WOW! I was thinking is that for real? less than a month to produce my car? I still doubt the Toyota would cancel this special order.  Now the car is sitting at the Zeebrugge, Belgium for like 1 week. Anyone know what is the next step?  I have refreshed the My T app like every 5 min since then.

Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 12.41.26 am.png

in this forum is a guide to data mining on the Toyota website. 

Log in to myt on Google chrome

Click on your order and make a note of your order number

right click and press “inspect”

Press the arrow to find network and click on it

reload the page and a whole list of files will come up on the inspect-network” tab

find a file with your order number and click it (usually the first 1 will show fails and the second file with your order number will work

you will then see a lot of text, click all the side facing arrows so they face down and all the info will be available there when your car is scheduled to be built, transported, and arrive at the dealeR

I knew over a week before I contacted the dealer rather than they calling me. 

• Like 1

Put the Yaris on Cross Climates today so don’t want mine until April now!!!!3B04FBB8-87AF-4917-8525-479CB56994B2.thumb.jpeg.7a67e95607c45badf26a60b2d1067157.jpeg8A3915C3-C431-445E-AEB0-393476928801.thumb.jpeg.f1bbcc50f1736da9f25a56eeeeb09474.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Hah, the timing's everything! :laugh: 

You'll be wishing for snow next!! (Just wish it up your end, I don't want any down here!! :eek: :laugh: )

• Like 1

I’m still fairly satisfied about delivery times as long as I receive my car prior to the end of February.  Off to Australia for 5 weeks at that point and I would be a little concerned if the car turned just after I flew out.  I suppose it’s now a situation of wait and see.

• Like 1

Snow has not been a problem in my part of Scotland for a good number of years and hopefully it will continue this winter.  Never felt the need to fit winter or all season tyres so far as I keep tyre snow socks in the boot.  They are still in the original packaging and never been used for at least 6 years and it would be great if that remains the same.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

Hah, the timing's everything! :laugh: 

You'll be wishing for snow next!! (Just wish it up your end, I don't want any down here!! :eek: :laugh: )

I think it was 1982 when we had a good snowfall round here, followed by freezing for a few weeks, well before my introduction to the balmy climes of the south east.

I had a Triumph vitesse, herald with a 6 cylinder engine.

The freezing caused the roads to become a vibrating board on the frozen bits and the unfrozen bits.

This in turn caused the plug leads to detach themselves and stop the engine.

With that and the shoveling out to get to the road in the first place made for a long working day.

It didn't matter though , I could overcome anything in those days.😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Remember 1982 very clearly.  That was an exceptional year for snow.  My car was covered with snow up to the roofline so I tied a pair of Tennis rackets onto my shoes and walked 7 miles to work.  I then got a row for being late! 

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

In the voice of the Monty python "Yorkshire sketch"

You were lucky,we had never heard of tennis and had to tunnel in 27 ft of snow to start building the road to work in minus 17°c.

Then upon arrival we were whipped for being late before being docked 6d out of the 3d an hour we got paid if the pay clerk was in a good mood.🧐

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Jimota said:

I’m still fairly satisfied about delivery times as long as I receive my car prior to the end of February.  Off to Australia for 5 weeks at that point and I would be a little concerned if the car turned just after I flew out.  I suppose it’s now a situation of wait and see.

I have a friend who couldn’t collect her car as soon as it arrived and I couldn’t go with her when she did eventually go for it.  At collection it had well over 100 miles (I think 147) which is bang out of order.   They’d used it as a demonstrator which in my mind is not on.  You might want to warn them not to put any miles on in your absence.  

• Confused 1

I could understand if Buxton was in the Himalayas but we’ve had snow in varying amounts every year for as long as I can remember.  However, I’m hearing the “we don’t get any snow to justify winter or all season tyres” story here and that is a complete misconception.   These tyres aren’t just for snow, they are for cold weather and rain and they make an astonishing difference.  We are the only country in Europe that doesn’t mandate them 1st November to 1st April which is typically remiss.  

• Like 2

Further to my comment about the delivery date being extended by about 2 months, the dealership manager suggested that it’s transportation issues that are causing the delays.  After production, cars - not  just Toyotas - are piling up at the sea ports awaiting shipping allocations.  It would be interesting to hear from owners who have recently received their cars and what the time frame was between the end of production and delivery to the dealerships.

27 minutes ago, Jimota said:

After production, cars - not  just Toyotas - are piling up at the sea ports awaiting shipping allocations. 

As well as the time frame between production and taking delivery, I would be interested in what stages MyT reports along the way as I don’t have visibility on my order. All I know is ours is in post factory transit, according to the dealer.

The only update I got on the MyT app was a message last month to contact my dealer.  Gave them a call but they had no information on the progress of my order!

• Haha 1

Going back to 1982, at that time I was gainfully employed as an assistant lion tamer at the local circus.  I also had a part time job as a lumberjack in Glasgow city centre.  It was the ringmaster who warned me about my time management skills and subsequently demoted me to a sword swallowing act.  After a successful show, I wasn’t looking forward to the long walk home as the tennis rackets needed to be restrung.  Fortunately, Coco the Clown gave me a loan of his large yellow coloured bulbous shoes which worked treat.  Ah, the memories!

• Haha 3

Back to the serious stuff.  I’ve had a quick scan of the forum and it seems as if the MyT app has a mind of it’s own or the Toyota people are not systematic in inputting the relevant information that we all seek.  I continue to observe with interest.

Cheers

• Like 1

The only thing I’d trust the app for now is that it’s gone from order processing to in production.   I wouldn’t trust anything else until at dealer.  Neighbours went to Grimsby then back to Zebrugge - an anomaly caused by it coming by rail.  If it’s progressed from order progressing it’s at least in existence and the rest doesn’t really matter.  

• Like 1

They were roro-ing them from zebrugge to grimsby, cant remember the vessel name ,but its a dedicated grimsby zebrugge round trip for toyota. Scroll back through this lot and you'll find it. 

Tony

Sea cruiser 2 is the vessel. Find it on a  boat tracker

Just a snippet. The Toyota site gave me a date of 9 August at final destination. The car appeared on Mytoyota under owned and I could check its location.  The location was the pound a mile from the dealer.  I. The next weeks I was able to track it from pound to dealer, to workshop, and back to park.  The day for collection I saw it was taken to Sainsbury to refuel. 

I was also able to see if it was locked or unlocked at the dealers m

• Like 1

Funnily enough, the local Toyota manager did mention that the port of Zeebrugge was a particular problem with long lines of cars waiting to be shipped.  I think the whole supply chain for shipping is not only a problem for UK/Europe but also on a global scale.  I’m waiting for a delivery from China which normally takes 45 days but I’m now on the 98th day.  Heaven knows when the package will turn up.

On 10/4/2022 at 12:49 AM, JOHNLEE said:

Hi, happy to find this forum to talk about the Yaris Cross!

I was lucky enough to order the Yaris Cross Dynamic AWD-i (the very very last batch) with panroof on 26 Aug. The lead time is 6 month and est 28 Feb 2023.

What surprised me is the message of "build in progress" has been shown on 23 Sep!! WOW! I was thinking is that for real? less than a month to produce my car? I still doubt the Toyota would cancel this special order.  Now the car is sitting at the Zeebrugge, Belgium for like 1 week. Anyone know what is the next step?  I have refreshed the My T app like every 5 min since then.

Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 12.41.26 am.png

I am over the moon – It arrived last week! The pan roof is absolutely massive!

The info in page6 is correct. The time from build to arrive took me exactly 18 days. 

Hope this helps.

-1 day to build

-1 day to the port

-7-8 stay at the port

-3-4 days at Grimsby

-5-6 days at Derbyshire

-min 3-4 days with your dearler to program your car and take it to the road test.

photo_2022-10-17_20-33-37.jpg

photo_2022-10-17_20-33-45.jpg

• Like 6

Just had an update on the Toyota app saying my car (ordered on 29th September) is being built!