Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

10 minutes ago, Crieffy said:

Just had an update on the Toyota app saying my car (ordered on 29th September) is being built!

Ordered GR Cross on September 24 (still not shown up on MyT - all other cars have?) dealer tell me it’s due November?

I ordered my Yaris Cross Excel in March this year. First expected delivery was September then it changed to November.

Now I'm told it's going to be March 2023. What's going on with deliveries, 12 months from order placed to delivery is a bit much.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Frustrated to say the least

The shortage of tech pack/pan roof have caused delays. Try 15 months lead time for someone who ordered Yaris excel with tech pack. There isn't anything that can be done atm. I cannot order the tech pack with JBL which I really wanted. 

I expect this question has been asked before in which case I apologise, but is this my order number? (click to enlarge)

Clipboard04.thumb.jpg.a6845b73f5e75e0af9c33f147d0d6858.jpg

On 10/23/2022 at 10:55 AM, Grimmbo said:

What's going on with deliveries, 12 months from order placed to delivery is a bit much.

Covid still causing shutdowns at parts suppliers, semiconductor shortages, Ukraine war affecting supplies of parts, etc, etc, etc. Nothing new and likely to continue into next year and possibly beyond ........

Other manufacturers are in a similar, lesser or worse position.

• Like 1

Just had an email from my Dealership confirming my car is still on track for mid December delivery (Icon ordered early July). 

Will hopefully be some movement on the MyT app from processing to building soon if that's the case  🤞

On 10/23/2022 at 10:55 AM, Grimmbo said:

I ordered my Yaris Cross Excel in March this year. First expected delivery was September then it changed to November.

Now I'm told it's going to be March 2023. What's going on with deliveries, 12 months from order placed to delivery is a bit much.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Frustrated to say the least

It is frustrating...very!

We got lucky with ours, ordered a Dynamic in March and collected it week before last (7.5 months from order). I say lucky because despite it being a Dynamic and finished in Brass Gold, we still received it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NorthantsRob said:

r. First expected delivery was September then it changed to November.

Now I'm told it's going to be March 2023.

With such a long waiting time i am surprised members haven't said sod it and gone used there are loads of one owner Cross's on Auto trader with around 4k on them i don't know what saving are to be had but surely its a better option for those with money burning a hole in their pocket.

18 minutes ago, Max_Headroom said:

With such a long waiting time i am surprised members haven't said sod it and gone used there are loads of one owner Cross's on Auto trader with around 4k on them i don't know what saving are to be had but surely its a better option for those with money burning a hole in their pocket.

Aye there’s one dealer with a Cross for sale at 40k.  I’m not in that big of a hurry.  It’s a car not a kidney.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Am I understanding this right,£40,000 for a Yaris cross? is the bodywork studded with 1ct diamonds ?

Or 40 k miles on it.

I can't keep up with car prices any more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Am I understanding this right,£40,000 for a Yaris cross? is the bodywork studded with 1ct diamonds ?

Or 40 k miles on it.

I can't keep up with car prices any more.

You’d be forgiven for thinking so.  White actually;

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202209079513027?include-delivery-option=on&radius=1500&make=Toyota&onesearchad=New&onesearchad

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Max_Headroom said:

I never buy new, but this time I'm as 18 months old are the same price as new. 

• Like 1

Just looked at the ad for the 40 grand Yaris.

The seller very generously is not charging a sellers admin fee.

And the spec list includes a mirror on both the drivers and passengers side sun visors, amazing how they do all that for the money.

Also described as nearly new, which I think is car salesman speak for used.🤔

• Haha 4

My Yaris cross has now arrived at the retailer, with the wrong spec 🙁 Citi pack is missing and I was really looking forward to it.

I don't think I fancy waiting another 7 months, would you expect to have a discount greater than the cost of the city pack? I suppose retailer has no incentive at all as it would be snapped up very quickly anyway

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

That's not good! Soz to hear. 

I don't know about the discount, they may give u a discount for a service if you push for it.

I hope my normal Yaris comes with the wrong spec - add the tech pack to it when it wasn't available ha. 

Edit: Is the city - semi automated parking and sat nav? 

The sat nav is important imo. Can they not fit this in at the dealer and the semi parking? I don't know. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, anchorman said:

Aye there’s one dealer with a Cross for sale at 40k.  I’m not in that big of a hurry.  It’s a car not a kidney.

In that case i guess my post wasn't aimed at you it was at members who don't want to wait and are not put off by the car being used.

This one is a lot less than £40 -

Cttttttttttttapture.thumb.JPG.5fdda0efc932844ad7ccc4833c55b2b2.JPG

Apparently it does have the sat nav, and there is nothing that can be done to retrofit the city pack.

I wanted city park for the automated parking as I am very bad at parallel parking, I suppose I will just have to learn it!

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Sampeio said:

Apparently it does have the sat nav, and there is nothing that can be done to retrofit the city pack.

I wanted city park for the automated parking as I am very bad at parallel parking, I suppose I will just have to learn it!

Maybe I'm a bit of sceptic considering tech parts are in short supply, they may not have the parking parts for your car during built so just built without rather than a mistake? Either way it's very bad as its a new car which u want those things.

Can't imagine how u feel. If I was able to order the tech pack and it came without, I would be furious. 

• Like 1

It's things like this that put me off buying a new car in the future - For all the extra money you're having to put down vs a used car (Although admittedly now it's less depreciation and more wait time), you'd think it would be much more professional, organized, courteous etc. than buying 2nd hand, but if anything it's worse!

Getting my Mk4 was probably the 2nd worst car buying experience I've had - I've never had to deal with so much aggro, frustration and anxiety buying a car before.

Out of curiosity, do you know if the city-pack was omitted because your order was amended, or did the dealer order the wrong car?

I'm also curious what dealer it was - I wonder if it's the same franchise I had a bad experience with (Starts with a J... and ends with an emca :laugh: )

Obviously you should at least get off the cost of the missing pack, if not more, but they should give you some free services or something. If it is the J one, they will probably not offer anything and leave it up to you to put forward what you want out of them, so see how outrageous the compensation you can push them to :naughty: 

If you can wait, just walking away and going to another franchise would also be quite satisfying, but that long lead time is a real pain right now and who knows if production will be cut further in the near future!

They are being very vague to where the fault lies, and I am so surprised that they are unable to bump it up the queue. Assuming it is the factory who did the mistake then they should be able to get the right spec to build straightaway?

Considering their vagueness I can only assume the dealership screwed up.

I am naively thought (considering that city pack is just an extra £100) that it would be more like a software switch than actual hardware fit.

Franchise starts with Currie and finish with motors.

• Thanks 1

Call me uninformed but I came to the conclusion that the city pack was a step down. For all it has 360deg vision and auto park, it requires the older 8” display, graphics and connectivity. It does have physical buttons though. Someone will be along shortly to put me right.

• Thanks 2

On 10/25/2022 at 7:15 PM, Baytree said:

Call me uninformed but I came to the conclusion that the city pack was a step down. For all it has 360deg vision and auto park, it requires the older 8” display, graphics and connectivity. It does have physical buttons though. Someone will be along shortly to put me right.

Not sure what you’re struggling with.  “It has the 360 vision and auto park”, doesn’t that explain it?  Losing a screen that is 1” smaller and some owners curse because of connectivity problems might be less of a priority.   What do you want for £100?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, anchorman said:

Not sure what you’re struggling with.  “It has the 360 vision and auto park”, doesn’t that explain it?  Losing a screen that is 1” smaller and some owners curse because of connectivity problems might be less of a priority.   What do you want for £100?

Where is the struggle...I love a bit of struggling!

He was pointing out that the City Pack...has the old 8 inch screen as opposed to the latest 9 inch HD screen?

Mmmmmm....for £100....I personally want all the jam and a couple of golden elephants.

Yep I was leaving it to those with practical experience of both systems to opine. Responsiveness and functionality comparisons would be relevant.

• Thanks 1

City Pack = Touch 2 - Older 8" system with support for 360 degree camera view and auto park. Uses local map data for navigation. Only supports wired connection for Apple CarPlay & Android Auto.

Smart Connect - Latest infotainment system with 9" screen and fewer physical buttons. UI is more modern and responsive but relies on cloud-based navigation (uses built-in mobile data SIM to obtain map data; no connection, no satnav). Supports both wired and wireless connection for Apple CarPlay & Android Auto.

So pros and cons to each. Best to choose based on your personal priorities. For me, wireless CarPlay and a larger, more responsive screen, win the day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3