Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

5 hours ago, Bob66 said:

Where is the struggle...I love a bit of struggling!

He was pointing out that the City Pack...has the old 8 inch screen as opposed to the latest 9 inch HD screen?

Mmmmmm....for £100....I personally want all the jam and a couple of golden elephants.

He was asking what justifies the smaller screen in addition to the 360 camera and the parking assist.  Bggr all is the short answer, that’s mainly what it consists of.  We’re talking about a screen 1” bigger diagonally which is hardly noticeable and some people prefer buttons.   Others have reported connectivity problems.   Personally, I think it’s poor that Toyota’s latest encarnation isn’t compatible with all possible add ons but that’s another story.   

• Confused 1

Absolutely poor for a huge car manufacturer that cannot incorporate the tech. I prefer the bigger screen and are fine without buttons, though I'm getting the normal Yaris, it didn't have the 360 camera option. 

The 9" system does have some buttons. Just not as many as the 8".

• Home/Off/Restart
  • Volume Up/Down
  • Screen Toggle

From the steering wheel you can skip/seek/tune, pause/mute and switch audio sources.

The 8" adds rotary volume and skip/seek/tune knobs, then direct shortcut buttons for Menu, Audio, Map and Setup.

• Like 1

Different strokes for different folks as they say; I prefer the smaller screen/more buttons, because I hate operating touch screens, but many people are the opposite. There's no right choice, aside from what fits your personal preference at the end of the day.

Wish the normal Yaris could have the 360 degree cameras tho'!!! I wonder if can be shoehorned in somehow... :naughty: 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, anchorman said:

He was asking what justifies the smaller screen in addition to the 360 camera and the parking assist.  Bggr all is the short answer, that’s mainly what it consists of.  We’re talking about a screen 1” bigger diagonally which is hardly noticeable and some people prefer buttons.   Others have reported connectivity problems.   Personally, I think it’s poor that Toyota’s latest encarnation isn’t compatible with all possible add ons but that’s another story.   

He didn't actually ask a question?

12 hours ago, Cyker said:

Different strokes for different folks as they say; I prefer the smaller screen/more buttons, because I hate operating touch screens, but many people are the opposite. There's no right choice, aside from what fits your personal preference at the end of the day.

Wish the normal Yaris could have the 360 degree cameras tho'!!! I wonder if can be shoehorned in somehow... :naughty: 

it would be horrendously expensive because it needs cameras in the door mirrors and one up front under the Toyota Badge.  I imagine the rest is software but knowing the cost of such things from Toyota.  I used to moderate over on the RAV forum and when we looked how much the genuine camera was for the back door it was £400 where a good quality Sony camera was about £25 off eBay.   

2 minutes ago, Bob66 said:

He didn't actually ask a question?

What are you on about now?  Are you making a statement or asking a question because now you’ve used a question mark.  He made a statement that required a response, read the last line.   

• Confused 1

Just now, anchorman said:

What are you on about now?  Are you making a statement or asking a question because now you’ve used a question mark.  He made a statement that required a response, read the last line.   

It's a simple question....you said he asked a question...I'm questioning that !

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bob66 said:

It's a simple question....you said he asked a question...I'm questioning that !

He did ask a question, he just didn’t use a question mark.  Where’s the topic police when you need them 😉

• Haha 1

Arthur round the corner from me, who has the !Removed! doppleganger of mine, has the 360 camera job, i suppose  if you live in the middle of london, or are hopeless at parking it has its use, personally didnt think it would be of use to me, and i was proved right. Mirror cams are the way forward. 

• Like 2

Thanks to all contributors 😄.

Just so you know, I don't have an ETD on our YCross order while it's supposedly AT SEA. When it lands, I guess the clock will start counting down again.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2022 at 10:10 AM, Sampeio said:

My Yaris cross has now arrived at the retailer, with the wrong spec 🙁 Citi pack is missing and I was really looking forward to it.

I don't think I fancy waiting another 7 months, would you expect to have a discount greater than the cost of the city pack? I suppose retailer has no incentive at all as it would be snapped up very quickly anyway

I got the price of the pack off + £500 + 2 free services so I should count myself lucky I suppose!

Picking up the car on Monday.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Sampeio said:

I got the price of the pack off + £500 + 2 free services so I should count myself lucky I suppose!

That's not bad. Services are worth £520.

• Like 2

That is a good result, did they straight up offer this?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Sampeio said:

Second offer, it was initially £500 or 2 services

So, they initially wanted you to pay for a pack which wasn’t fitted !! 😳

• Like 1

Sorry should have said on top of the pack removal (which it self is only a £100 with excel trim)

• Like 1

Hello Folks, I ordered Decuma Grey Yaris Cross Excel with JBL in June 22.  Been told last week by dealer that it will be delivered end Dec to dealer, which might mean i can pick up by mid Jan.  Nothing showing on the app though, so perhaps it hasn't started its build but is at least scheduled.  If it does arrive mid Jan, that will tie in nicely with the return of my current Golf at the end of the lease, at approx the same time.  Use the Golf mainly for longer journeys every few weeks, 500 miles round trips, mainly motorways, and the YC will be pressed into this routine straight away.  Looking forward to it.  Golf is a mild hybrid and averages 54mpg on the long journeys, so will be interesting how the YC does in comparison.  I know it'll murder it around town and in rural situations.  😀

• Like 2

Same here.  I’ve ordered a non metallic design model with no additional extras.  Some members have highlighted that ordering the panoramic sun roof or factory fitted extras seems to extend the delivery times. However, I think the Cross variant will be a real best seller for Toyota and will always be in demand.  Bear in mind that other car manufacturers are also having having  supply issues.

• Like 1

I cancelled my new Yaris and thinking about the cross excel I have about £8000 in my car any tips thinking about grey or silver pano roof city pack etc

11 hours ago, London toyta said:

Been waiting for 7 months ,

any idea please 

Get to know the other members of the forum 😁

We're finally getting ours after almost a year.

Wife and I were considering a C-HR or Hyundai Kona when the dealer called us early Sept and said there will be a Yaris cross adventure available mid November for around our budget so we went for it and just picked it up on Friday.. a couple weeks earlier then expected! So far so good, still getting to grips with it.. shame that our market (Slovakia) doesn’t include the head up display for the adventure trim and we need to buy winter tyres, apart from that the car is great and my wife is finally driving!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I just got info that my Yaris Cross is coming in Malmö at the moment. I'm from Finland and ordered on May. In summer I got a message from local store that it will be delivered approximately in January 2023 while the first estimate was November, but now it seems to be surprisingly faster. Mine is 'Intense' version, I don't know which version it correlates with in UK for example :)

• Like 1

Just got the update on MyT that my car is being built. Hopefully looking good for promised pre Christmas delivery 

• Like 2