Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

Might not be too bad depending on what you're going from. My Mk1 D4D 'only' had 74hp, but felt vastly more powerful than the 100hp Mk2 VVTi I went to, which taught me HP figures can be deceptive as they are only peak and don't tell the whole story.

The new hybrids have a lot more torque than their HP implies thanks to the electric motors and while they aren't very fast, they have very good acceleration at all speeds up to the speed limit.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2022 at 8:57 AM, RobertR said:

I have made an order in mid Feb with 9months lead time and still waiting. About a week ago, the dealer said to me the yaris cross starts comming but mine is expected around nov/dec. Can't wait. About our market (slovakia) I have adventure trim with vip pack and vip contains HUD. When I was saw this little buddy have motorized tail gait, big hud and adaptive (matrix) headlights it was no brainer for me. It's very strange about the AFS lights on yaris cross, I think they are from lexus NX, but no other model from toyota have them, even highlander don't have matrix lights, also some markets don't get them either, CR, Hungrar. Even toyota distributor here in bratislava don't know about them, that was strange to me, but other toyota's dealers confirm me, yes, they have matrix lights in VIP pack.

This is really interesting! We saw the VIP option just a couple of days back and it looks great! You are going to get more features for almost the same price, lucky you! One thing I have to say is that the dealer didn't help us set up the connected services on the app and it just doesn't work at all for us so try and make sure that it is done for you when you pick the car up. The car is great, my wife is finally driving 😄 I can take a break now haha. I got Hancook winter tyres on it for this season, next season I will probably pick up new rims too so that I don't 2 sets for summer/winter. The engine sound can be a little anxiety inducing but other than that I have to say it is a great car so far

I set up my connected services on the App  before the dealer told me they had the car.  I located it in their pound and later when moved to their garage.  I could see its fuel state and when they left to doors unlocked. 

Just had a look outside my dealer and there's an Ash Grey GR Sport sat outside with all the protective wrapping still on - maybe it's mine - or maybe it's not!

• Like 1

Is it still possible to see the expected delivery date from the 'hidden' details in the order tracker (as I saw earlier in the thread)? I have tried looking for it but couldn't see much more than the actual page displays...

Ordered a Yaris Cross Excel in Decuma Grey with City Pack back on 22nd March. It arrived at the dealer late last week, hoping to collect tomorrow but for whatever reason they only submitted finance today and it's not come back yet, hopefully it's sorted in the morning.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, calcium said:

Ordered a Yaris Cross Excel in Decuma Grey with City Pack back on 22nd March. It arrived at the dealer late last week, hoping to collect tomorrow but for whatever reason they only submitted finance today and it's not come back yet, hopefully it's sorted in the morning.

Great news calcium. I am waiting same colour with similar specs from 14th Feb. I hope that on start of the new year will be here in Macedonia ! When you pick up send some picture's 🙂

• Like 1

On 11/7/2022 at 10:11 PM, FilipJ said:

Great news calcium. I am waiting same colour with similar specs from 14th Feb. I hope that on start of the new year will be here in Macedonia ! When you pick up send some picture's 🙂

Finance was all sorted fine so I picked it up this afternoon. Really happy with the choice of colour and spec, so far I have nothing but praise for the whole car. I've done a mix of urban, suburban and high speed roads and it handles it all rather well.

I've attached some photos.

654843320_signal-2022-11-08-23-29-54-3532.thumb.jpg.a13cb18c8c14affdb49fdf0aa253903d.jpg

149568305_PXL_20221108_1832098733.thumb.jpg.653f40027e111d373fc29f78abc01aea.jpg

1606780802_signal-2022-11-08-23-29-54-353-12.thumb.jpg.a66dc80512820f7eff65946942629fae.jpg

• Like 9

NIce, great color choice.

Do you have a ful led back lights? Can you tell us how strong is the reverse light? Maybe compare to other car you drove. I'm asking because I have pretty long reversing trip to be done in to my house, and especialy during the rain, with weak reverse light and foggy mirrors it's not pleasent experience. Now it was easy fix for me, I just bought strong LED "bulb", but my YC will come with LED lights, I don't think they are replacible. (in meaning as a bulb, not a whole light.)

Had a phone call from the dealer who I ordered the Yaris Cross Design from back in June. It is at the dealers and I have arranged pick up early next week. Had various quotes to sell my Yaris Design in Galactic Blue on a 21 plate with only 6500 miles on the clock. Quotes received so far range from £17,000 to £19,500. A big difference. I have looked on line for used Yaris Design for sale with low mileage and they are currently going for £22,000-£22,500 . I know car dealers need to make a profit but if I had accepted the lower quote that gives the dealer a potential profit of £5,000. Not bad. I am going to see if I can get the dealer to up his offer when I go in next week to sign the paperwork. He offered me £18,000! I will keep you informed how I get on.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MikeB2 said:

Had a phone call from the dealer who I ordered the Yaris Cross Design from back in June. It is at the dealers and I have arranged pick up early next week. Had various quotes to sell my Yaris Design in Galactic Blue on a 21 plate with only 6500 miles on the clock. Quotes received so far range from £17,000 to £19,500. A big difference. I have looked on line for used Yaris Design for sale with low mileage and they are currently going for £22,000-£22,500 . I know car dealers need to make a profit but if I had accepted the lower quote that gives the dealer a potential profit of £5,000. Not bad. I am going to see if I can get the dealer to up his offer when I go in next week to sign the paperwork. He offered me £18,000! I will keep you informed how I get on.

So just out of interest, how long did it take for your car to get to the dealer after it left the factory?

11 hours ago, MikeB2 said:

Had various quotes to sell my Yaris Design in Galactic Blue on a 21 plate with only 6500 miles on the clock. Quotes received so far range from £17,000 to £19,500. A big difference. I have looked on line for used Yaris Design for sale with low mileage and they are currently going for £22,000-£22,500 . I know car dealers need to make a profit but if I had accepted the lower quote that gives the dealer a potential profit of £5,000. Not bad. I am going to see if I can get the dealer to up his offer when I go in next week to sign the paperwork. He offered me £18,000! I will keep you informed how I get on.

I've treated the last six changeover's we've had as two seperate transactions - buying a car and selling a car. I've completely given up with part-ex. now

I was replacing a renault a few years back and was considering buying another renault. Arnold Clark gave me a part-ex price which I wasn't happy with. In the end I bought from another manufacturer, but the moral of the story is I sold my Renault via the Arnold Clark website and took it to the same dealership who'd given me that part-ex. price They gave me almost £1500 MORE for selling it to them and walking away than they would have if buying a car off them. I asked them how is that possible - their answer was AC's online system is a different business to the dealership. Crazy eh?

• Like 1

Hi aaarnas, in reply to your question the build started on 18th October, it left the factory on the 20th Oct and arrived at the dealers on 9th Nov. so in total about 3 weeks. 

Out of curiosity I went on to the dealers web site and you can get a valuation on line. I entered the details and they valued my car at £20,200. So I have printed it off and will take it on Monday to the dealer and ask why there is a huge difference in price for trading in from what they quoted me when I ordered the new car. It's £1,700 more than their original valuation. I will ask if they will match that online quote and if not will go to Motorpoint who have offered me £19,500. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/3/2022 at 8:57 AM, RobertR said:

I have made an order in mid Feb with 9months lead time and still waiting. About a week ago, the dealer said to me the yaris cross starts comming but mine is expected around nov/dec. Can't wait. About our market (slovakia) I have adventure trim with vip pack and vip contains HUD. When I was saw this little buddy have motorized tail gait, big hud and adaptive (matrix) headlights it was no brainer for me. It's very strange about the AFS lights on yaris cross, I think they are from lexus NX, but no other model from toyota have them, even highlander don't have matrix lights, also some markets don't get them either, CR, Hungrar. Even toyota distributor here in bratislava don't know about them, that was strange to me, but other toyota's dealers confirm me, yes, they have matrix lights in VIP pack.

Have you had any luck getting the MyT app connected services to work? My smart services work fine but it just won’t connect to the connected services, went to the dealer to complain but he says that there’s an issue with the app and there’s nothing to be done.. a friend had hers working for a while then it stopped and hasn’t worked since.

1 hour ago, MikeB2 said:

Hi aaarnas, in reply to your question the build started on 18th October, it left the factory on the 20th Oct and arrived at the dealers on 9th Nov. so in total about 3 weeks. 

Did your MyToyota app or website show the 'in transit' status at all? Ours seems to be stuck at 'left the factory' for a couple weeks - wondering if it's just gonna arrive without the app updating...

1 minute ago, pauly69 said:

Did your MyToyota app or website show the 'in transit' status at all? Ours seems to be stuck at 'left the factory' for a couple weeks - wondering if it's just gonna arrive without the app updating...

Hey, I know this was not directed to me but I will add my 2 cents...

2nd Nov - Build in Progress

4th Nov - Left the Factory

8th Nov - In Transit

then at the beginning it was showing as still in France but then a day or so later changed to the Zeebrugge port... However, I have seen in Yaris thread that somebody's order was showing as processing and they received a call from the dealer that the car was already ready to collect. 🙂

• Like 1

That's my GR Sport arrived at the dealer's and getting final checks 44 days after ordering. I'm not sure when i can collect it as it's getting additional underseal applied and a Dashcam fitted. 

Dashcam eh? I have been wondering where this should go without looking unsightly. Came across a clue with this online ad for a nearly new Yaris Cross Excel:

image.thumb.png.b1518cbe6372820a110a5b5c2ec5860b.png

40 minutes ago, Baytree said:

Dashcam eh? I have been wondering where this should go without looking unsightly. Came across a clue with this online ad for a nearly new Yaris Cross Excel:

image.thumb.png.b1518cbe6372820a110a5b5c2ec5860b.png

Hi, that's they same spot they fitted the cam on my wife's Yaris. It's pretty much invisible from the driver's line of sight. 

Mines slipped from November to January.  I fully expected it and it doesn’t bother me one iota.  The dealers has two new 23 models, a SR and an AWD Icon, the latter of which I drove up the road and back.  Very nice.  Sure enough, it has the sill guards and the Nanoe heater.  I was very pleased to learn that both of these models are built in Japan so mine can take all the time it likes.  Still no news on JBL audio so tough luck on that.  

D91940ED-BCBA-4E14-B6E1-94D9C9D1B49E.jpeg

DD45F100-C9B2-44D7-83A3-232E6B295427.jpeg

5F50C14D-A29D-472E-A61D-C45360075D97.jpeg

82D7A87E-049B-4F8C-9BE2-8A6D0FAE136A.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, anchorman said:

both of these models are built in Japan .  

D91940ED-BCBA-4E14-B6E1-94D9C9D1B49E.jpeg

Anyone else taken delivery recently of a new Cross with VIN beginning JTD? If they are starting to ship a bunch from the other side of the world, might explain why mine has supposedly  been AT_SEA for so long. 

Ah ha, now I see how this works - if you quote text and type straight after, the comment is lost until you click more to show the whole message.