Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

45 minutes ago, Baytree said:

yeah ours also has a JTD VIN, got it about 3 weeks ago.. adventure 2WD

1 minute ago, Mkuki said:

yeah ours also has a JTD VIN, got it about 3 weeks ago.. adventure 2WD

Very confusing unless you say what country you are in? Adventure isn’t a UK car nor is SR. My understanding is all cars to the UK come from France. 

Just now, raymondolee said:

Very confusing unless you say what country you are in? Adventure isn’t a UK car nor is SR. My understanding is all cars to the UK come from France. 

Ah yeah, Slovakia.

Not sure what is going on with these Cross’s.  My Yaris has a VN vin as expected so are we saying the the Cross’s are all currently coming from Japan?

8 hours ago, anchorman said:

Mines slipped from November to January.

The dealers has two new 23 models, a SR and an AWD Icon

I was very pleased to learn that both of these models are built in Japan so mine can take all the time it likes.

58 minutes ago, anchorman said:

Not sure what is going on with these Cross’s.  My Yaris has a VN vin as expected so are we saying the the Cross’s are all currently coming from Japan?

I'm really confused. Your ID has your location as Derbyshire but there's no such thing as a SR or AWD Icon here in the UK.  Yaris Crosses that arrive in Derbyshire will be built in France.

3 hours ago, Mkuki said:

yeah ours also has a JTD VIN

Cars with VINs beginning 'JT' are built in Japan. 

However, cars with VINs beginning 'JTD' are built in the Czech Republic in the same plant that builds the Aygo X and some Yaris.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RonYarisX said:

I'm really confused. Your ID has your location as Derbyshire but there's no such thing as a SR or AWD Icon here in the UK.  Yaris Crosses that arrive in Derbyshire will be built in France.

5 hours ago, RonYarisX said:

It’s an error.  My car will be an Excel and according to Mike, JTD still means France.  

4 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Cars with VINs beginning 'JT' are built in Japan. 

However, cars with VINs beginning 'JTD' are built in the Czech Republic in the same plant that builds the Aygo X and some Yaris.

So are you saying the Cross is built in the Czech Republic?  Where have you got this information from Mike?

http://www.currentcare.co.uk/cmsfiles/Downloads/Toyota Yaris Identification Guide.pdf

52 minutes ago, Crieffy said:

My VIN starts JTD and has just come from the Onnaing factory in France

How do you know?

35 minutes ago, RobertR said:

All cross are made in France(Toyota Valenciennes).

That’s definitely not true.  You might be right that all European sold Cross’s are made in France.  

Hi. New to all this, mine says that its been in Derby for over a week. How long before it gets shipped to the dealer? Any idea or is it a case of 'how long is a piece of string?'

17 minutes ago, Dids34 said:

Hi. New to all this, mine says that its been in Derby for over a week. How long before it gets shipped to the dealer? Any idea or is it a case of 'how long is a piece of string?'

Depends when a truck is coming your way.  If you ordered any extras, some are fitted at Derby so that will slow it down.  

2 hours ago, Crieffy said:

My VIN starts JTD and has just come from the Onnaing factory in France

image.thumb.png.c87b4c7c8a8bccfd10c3b711b581517a.png

Looks like an interesting conundrum to chase down.

According to ISO3779, J is Japan. France codes starts with V. My Mk3 Yaris has VNK.

Maybe yours collected an engine or some other crucial parts in Onnaing. 

58 minutes ago, anchorman said:

That’s definitely not true.  You might be right that all European sold Cross’s are made in France.  

yes, here in Europe. 

Our Aygo, which is only built in Europe, has JTD in the VIN - built in Kolin, Czech Republic which is now a wholly owned Toyota plant building the Aygo X and the Yaris (additional capacity to France) for the European market. Aygo X engines and transmission come from Poland. Never been near Japan or France.

If Yaris Cross models also have JTD in their VIN - they will come from Kolin.

So that's it settled. The YarisX is built in France and the VIN plate built in Czech Rep. 🤣

• Like 1

Or the VIN plates are built in Japan. In the short time this rabbit hole has opened up, nothing I have Googled so links JTD with France or Czechia, just "Toyota Car under the "Japan" origin. Anything from Czechia is supposed to fall within TJ-TP.

image.thumb.png.0f6adb4a8b029af18caacb8b68a3a7a4.png

On 11/11/2022 at 11:06 AM, Crieffy said:

That's my GR Sport arrived at the dealer's and getting final checks 44 days after ordering. I'm not sure when i can collect it as it's getting additional underseal applied and a dashcam fitted. 

Ordered mine Cross GR Sport on September 24th and picking up on November 21st, so just over 8 weeks. I put the VIN into the MyT app and Toyota website to try and set up the connected services but i am getting a mileage challenge, so i guess i will have to wait to Monday to do that. I thought this was interesting though, it says its a MY23, i guess that a bonus (what ever that means)

1353616069_Screenshot2022-11-15at22_09_26.thumb.png.79c5f01a468789b8d26709e7c92c77cb.png

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ic2 said:

Ordered mine Cross GR Sport on September 24th and picking up on November 21st, so just over 8 weeks. I put the VIN into the MyT app and Toyota website to try and set up the connected services but i am getting a mileage challenge, so i guess i will have to wait to Monday to do that. I thought this was interesting though, it says its a MY23, i guess that a bonus (what ever that means)

1353616069_Screenshot2022-11-15at22_09_26.thumb.png.79c5f01a468789b8d26709e7c92c77cb.png

Yes, they’ve just changed all production to the 23 model year but your GR was a 23 anyway.   I sat in a GR the other day and it was lovely.  Really comfortable cloth seats.   If they did an AWD version I’d change from my ordered Excel.  

17 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Our Aygo, which is only built in Europe, has JTD in the VIN - built in Kolin, Czech Republic which is now a wholly owned Toyota plant building the Aygo X and the Yaris (additional capacity to France) for the European market. Aygo X engines and transmission come from Poland. Never been near Japan or France.

If Yaris Cross models also have JTD in their VIN - they will come from Kolin.

SHCM has solved it.  His post seems to be missing but it’s all down to the 11th digit which is A for France.  The use of JTD is part of the WMI, not VIN system and in this case only means “passenger car” in the Toyota group and not that it was produced in Japan.  Very confusing but it means that Toyota are using J for European built cars.   Your Aygo will have N as the 11th digit.  See below.  

634BACEA-E860-434C-A884-4B0DFBA79978.png

17AE114A-BCEF-42CC-A43C-CF13097C76B4.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, ic2 said:

My VIN just showed up in the app - I can see they've been doing stuff to it, doors opening and closing and it's had a short drive. Hopefully get a call soon 🙂

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links