Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

Quick question on Toyota Financial Services PCP contribution.

Just noticed that TFS have increased their contribution from £1400 to £1750 on the YarisX.

Was just wondering if anyone has any practical experience of incentives when collecting their car. Did TFS use the deal on offer when you ordered the car or did they honour the deal at the time you actually took out the PCP ( typically within a few days of collecting the car ). 

Hope that makes sense!

On 11/15/2022 at 2:07 AM, FROSTYBALLS said:

Cars with VINs beginning 'JT' are built in Japan. 

However, cars with VINs beginning 'JTD' are built in the Czech Republic in the same plant that builds the Aygo X and some Yaris.

Good to know! That makes sense since the Czech republic is literally next door 😄 Edit* Actually the 11th character is A so based on the list that was shared in another post, the car was made in France.. 

Edited by Mkuki
update

Ordered early August, just had email that build has started (Excel AWD, towbar, protection and adventure packs)

• Like 1

On 11/17/2022 at 12:58 AM, RonYarisX said:

Quick question on Toyota Financial Services PCP contribution.

Just noticed that TFS have increased their contribution from £1400 to £1750 on the YarisX.

Was just wondering if anyone has any practical experience of incentives when collecting their car. Did TFS use the deal on offer when you ordered the car or did they honour the deal at the time you actually took out the PCP ( typically within a few days of collecting the car ). 

Hope that makes sense!

I was essentially given the same deal as when I ordered, but the interest rate had risen which increased the monthly cost by £7 or so. The dealer implied that TFS had increased interest more on newer orders, and to counter that they had increased the contribution, but as mine was an older order they had increased the interest rate by a smaller amount and thus didn't warrant a contribution increase. Seems fair enough with such a minor increase of £7.

Just received an email that my car is now at Zeebrugge.  I wonder how long it will remain there before being put on a ferry.

45 minutes ago, Jimota said:

Just received an email that my car is now at Zeebrugge.  I wonder how long it will remain there before being put on a ferry.

My has been like that since 8th Nov...

1 hour ago, aaarnas said:

My has been like that since 8th Nov...

As I and many others have previously mentioned, it’s all a bit of a lottery regarding the delivery process.  Still fairly relaxed about this and keeping an open mind as to when I actually receive my car.

6 hours ago, calcium said:

I was essentially given the same deal as when I ordered, but the interest rate had risen which increased the monthly cost by £7 or so. The dealer implied that TFS had increased interest more on newer orders, and to counter that they had increased the contribution, but as mine was an older order they had increased the interest rate by a smaller amount and thus didn't warrant a contribution increase. Seems fair enough with such a minor increase of £7.

Thanks for the info. So they did alter it - interesting.

I'll be settling the PCP  a.s.a.p  so fingers crossed they use latest info. The £350 difference is better in my pocket than theirs. ( what can I say - I'm Scottish ).

When I read burnt orange I immediately turned my nose up as I thought it would be a garish over the top colour.  However, seeing the photos has really changed my mind - it looks fantastic.

10 hours ago, RonYarisX said:

If anyone is interested, found these real-world photos of a UK spec in Burnt Orange.

Yaris Cross GT - Burnt Orange

Thanks Ron looks brilliant in that colour! It’s what I ordered after having my dynamic cancelled on me.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Baytree said:

Very nice. If only it had front and rear sensors and I’d swap for an excel

You can. I added them as part of the optional safety pack.

Orange looks better than I'd imagined. But it's the microfibre seats I happiest with. Looks and I'm sure feels better than the cloth seats in other cars. ( In my opinion of course ). The GR badging looks more subtle than in the publicity photos which is no bad thing.

Oh that’s good. You couldn’t do that with the Design.

36 minutes ago, RonYarisX said:

You can. I added them as part of the optional safety pack.

Yippee!

picked up my new Yaris Cross design with Tech Pack tonight. Very impressed, a few minor issues at the dealers but they quickly resolved these. It seems a smoother ride than my Yaris that I had for 17 months from the same dealer. Just got to work out the additional features available with the new car but will soon get the hang of it.

Will keep you updated after I have driven for a while. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

They must have had a big shipment of them lately - I have definitely been seeing more of them on the road!!

Funnily enough, went for a walk with my wife today and we counted 3 Yaris crosses in the space of an hour.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2022 at 3:31 PM, MCatPG said:

I expect this question has been asked before in which case I apologise, but is this my order number? (click to enlarge)

Clipboard04.thumb.jpg.a6845b73f5e75e0af9c33f147d0d6858.jpg

Answering my own question, my order number has just appeared in the app and it's 6 characters, AA0000, so nothing like what I posted previously. I mention it only in case anyone else has the same question and searches the thread.

Does my VIN appear in the app automatically, and if so when? The car is currently at Zeebrugge.

I have a separate question. The car went into build on 12 November and left the factory on 15 November. I thought we might have it this month but the dealer says January. How long can the propulsion Battery maintain an acceptable state of charge while the car is not being used?

22 hours ago, MCatPG said:

Answering my own question, my order number has just appeared in the app and it's 6 characters, AA0000, so nothing like what I posted previously. I mention it only in case anyone else has the same question and searches the thread.

Does my VIN appear in the app automatically, and if so when? The car is currently at Zeebrugge.

I have a separate question. The car went into build on 12 November and left the factory on 15 November. I thought we might have it this month but the dealer says January. How long can the propulsion battery maintain an acceptable state of charge while the car is not being used?

So if you have a look at that URL you posted previously, you will see the same 6-character number starting with an L... They show only the short one to the customers but it seems that this long one is what they use themselves.

My car is also in Zeebrugge since 8th Nov so I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. 🙂 Although, as discussed before, the delivery seems to be very random nothing like first-in-first-out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aaarnas said:

delivery seems to be very random nothing like first-in-first-out.

I can concur with that based on the fact that an order I have been tracking has already reached its end stage, despite having a later sequence number that the one quoted above.

2 hours ago, aaarnas said:

My car is also in Zeebrugge since 8th Nov so I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. 🙂 Although, as discussed before, the delivery seems to be very random nothing like first-in-first-out.

3 minutes ago, Baytree said:

I can concur with that based on the fact that an order I have been tracking has already reached its end stage, despite having a later sequence number that the one quoted above.

Thanks - so how about my Battery question? How long can the car sit in a compound before the Battery is damaged?

48 minutes ago, Baytree said:

I picked my GR up this morning, ordered it September 24th. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, MCatPG said:

Thanks - so how about my battery question? How long can the car sit in a compound before the battery is damaged?

Damaged 😲     What ever makes you think the Battery would be damaged?

1 hour ago, ic2 said:

I picked my GR up this morning, ordered it September 24th. 

Standard or with any special options?

I specified the advanced safety pack. I assume they had one built already?