Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

My is car still in Zeebrugge on the MyT app and website but the map is now showing it being shipped into somewhere near Bristol rather than Grimsby before going to the hub in Derbyshire 🤔

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, wellsmark99 said:

My is car still in Zeebrugge on the MyT app and website but the map is now showing it being shipped into somewhere near Bristol rather than Grimsby before going to the hub in Derbyshire 🤔

That will be the distribution hub at Avonmouth, on the outskirts of Bristol.

Regards, John

• Thanks 1

Who’s idea was it to have a tracking app 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, anchorman said:

Ha, 'A+' for the idea, 'F' for execution.

5 minutes ago, pauly69 said:

Ha, 'A+' for the idea, 'F' for execution.

It’s not the quality of the app, it’s how people hang on it.  Mine is showing as Zeebrugge but does that mean it’s on its way there or it’s there or is it there or has it left there and progressed to somewhere else.  Who inputs the data?  What are the cut off points? It’s a very rough guide and not an exact science.  

37 minutes ago, anchorman said:

It’s not the quality of the app, it’s how people hang on it.  Mine is showing as Zeebrugge but does that mean it’s on its way there or it’s there or is it there or has it left there and progressed to somewhere else.  Who inputs the data?  What are the cut off points? It’s a very rough guide and not an exact science.  

Exactly, the execution of the whole thing is vague and unsatisfactory. I'm sticking with 'F'. We're still showing 'Zeebrugge' for 3 weeks now - I mean, really? Must do better.

Well, to be fair, the app and website now agree that my car has arrived at the dealership! (although being away for work and other stuff means I can't collect until Jan). Car was ordered in August, salesperson was 'totally confident' of a December delivery, so kudos to Toyota for an accurate ETA

The MyT app is now offering me lots of 'exciting' things to try, so will watch some of the videos and see what I might be letting myself in for

• Like 1

I'd give the app an F- for idea never mind execution.

I remember going with my father to buy his first new Toyota in 1973. He ordered a car for the reg change on 1st Aug and then we went to the garage on 1st August to collect it.

50 years on and I'm in the same position as my father was - I was given an ETD when I ordered the car and my only concern is the ETD is accurate. Other than that, my car could be in Timbuktu for all I care. 🤣

• Like 2

Just got home from a nice festive lunch and discovered that Toyota had emailed me with the news that my Yaris Cross had just arrived at the local dealership.  Maybe I will get the car, as promised, on 16 December.

• Like 2

On 12/7/2022 at 7:38 PM, anchorman said:

Big Bob....he did it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just noticed that my Yaris Cross has been designated a MY23 model.  Anyone know the difference, if any, from MY22.

4 hours ago, Jimota said:

Just noticed that my Yaris Cross has been designated a MY23 model.  Anyone know the difference, if any, from MY22.

Very little James but you will get sill guards that were absent from the 2021 (previous) model and most significantly a nanoe particle generator which adds moisture to the heater output to stop it drying your skin and mouth on a longer journey.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Also your roof rails will likely be black, which looks v nice on the silver model I believe you mentioned ordering?

• Thanks 1

Can anyone shed light on timeframes from order to delivery and what trim was ordered? Placed my order for design + tech pack last month, expected delivery is in March/April and hoping it wont be any later than that.

Ordered Excel AWD in August, it's just reached the dealer (and indeed its ETA was December)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nakamotoyo said:

Can anyone shed light on timeframes from order to delivery and what trim was ordered? Placed my order for design + tech pack last month, expected delivery is in March/April and hoping it wont be any later than that.

Ordered start of May. Then they cancelled my car start of October…then I was told reorder this week (first week of October) with same order number and you will get it in January and will be one of the first to get one (GR sport) which I knew was rubbish.  Dealer knows nothing with no updates (I’ve asked 3 times) and the app says processing…don’t think we will be getting it in January. 

• Sad 1

How can they cancel an order? If that was at Toyota’s behest due to a production issue, you would be owed an explanation from Toyota at least. 

• Like 1

Just now, Baytree said:

How can they cancel an order? If that was at Toyota’s behest due to a production issue, you would be owed an explanation from Toyota at least. 

I ordered a Dynamic, Brass gold, JBL Pan roof tech pack. Then they called me start of October and said sorry we are not making your car anymore so you will have to reorder another one….only person who called me was dealer. They said they think it was colour and JBL that was the issue. No apologies from Toyota at all. They couldn’t care less tbh

I told wife to cancel I was so annoyed at the time but she still wants one. 

I would have walked away by now. Fed up of zero communication as they basically have no idea when it’s coming. I noticed you cannot order one with pan roof now. That’s probably what the new delay is. Rather than just being honest they are happy to sit on our order while flogging the brass gold dynamic they had in showroom at the time of the call for way over asking price.

it’s happened to others also not just me and they did the same with premiere edition customers also.

• Sad 1

That's unfortunate. The early adopters really did get lucky on this occasion. The price/interest rates at the time made it really favourable compared to what you get now. The premier edition with all the bells and whistles and pan roof would have cost the same as an excel today or less on a PCP if i'm not mistaken.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, raymondolee said:

No apologies from Toyota at all.

Why would Toyota contact you when your contract is with the dealer, not the manufacturer.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Why would Toyota contact you when your contract is with the dealer, not the manufacturer.

I’m answering the question that was just asked! The manufacture )Toyota  have cancelled the car not the dealer. The dealer called to tell me that Toyota UK have cancelled the car. I’m fully aware that Toyota won’t contact me. However given that they did actually cancel the car maybe you know a letter of apology for cancellation after 5 months would have been nice! 

1 minute ago, raymondolee said:

The manufacture have cancelled the car not the dealer.

But your contract is still with the dealer, and legally they are your point of contact. The fact that the manufacturer cannot supply the vehicle you ordered doesn't change that.

• Like 1

@raymondolee yes, the JBL packet is no longer available for Yaris cross(here in Slovakia) after the corolla cross was released. Not sure about the pan roof but I bet it's the same story. 

I wanted JBL at the order time(February) but did not make an order for this pack and now I see it was clearly a good move because they will be canceling my order like yours or it will be delayed even more.