Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

Back to the main point of this thread....Jimota, thanks for this, my YC is at the dealership, and I've signed up via MyT app for the smart and connected services, but I can't extract any info on car status. I assume this is because the dealer has to do something to the car, which is probably sitting unloved and lonely in a dark corner of a compound

The dealer has invited me to inspect the car before I go away and sort out the £££ prior to collection, but it's not reassuring when the email says "you can check for any damage and that your car has all the correct options". Er, isn't that what you're supposed to do?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SinglePointSafety said:

would dearly love to know if anyone actually pays those prices shown on the Toyota website used YCs

No reason why not if you are paying by month on a PCP and you can drive away in a nearly new car shortly afterwards. A bit like buying on the never-never from catalogues, the listed price was high but credit softened the blow. With a car though, you could hand it back and get into another nearly new one four years later. In that scenario, the initial price being more than RRP hardly matters. So yes, in times of limited stock and long lead times, plenty of scope to game things. Or there was until Trussonomics brought forward interest rate rises. 

The MyT app is quite odd on occasions.  Last week when my Yaris arrived at the dealership it had been designated as a MY23 model.  That information has now completely disappeared from the app.  Strange! 

30 minutes ago, SinglePointSafety said:

"you can check for any damage" 

That quote and Jim's MyT Pre-collision warnings sound a little off. If the dealer does connect up your MyT registered email address with your car's VIN in the system, you will be in the picture about where and when your car is stored and moved. Also the Hybrid Coaching goes on so you can see if they have been caning it whilst in transit. With ours they managed to get it down to 37/100. Ouch!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jimota said:

MY23 model

Never saw this on ours, although it was an Oct build with nanoe-x so indicating a MY23. That said one thing that has disappeared after the first few days was the xxnnnn order number. 
Correction: it doesn't say MY23 on the app version of MyT but it does on the browser version.

Couple of errors in my previous comments.  My Yaris was delivered Friday 9 December (not the 11th)  The notifications regarding the warnings appeared on Sunday 11 December.  Bay tree is correct, the MY23 designation is displayed on the Toyota browser but not in the MyT app.  Sorry for causing any confusion.

It’s interesting (or it is to me), mines been showing as Zeebrugge for the last few days but the ship is just about to berth In Grimsby and it’s gone off the radar showing in transit Onnaing.  It will be interesting to see how it progresses.  They use the same ship back and too every couple of days - Sea Cruiser 2.  It’s due to dock at 19:45 if anyone is expecting a child!

https://www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=9196319

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, anchorman said:

It’s interesting (or it is to me), mines been showing as Zeebrugge for the last few days but the ship is just about to berth In Grimsby and it’s gone off the radar showing in transit Onnaing.  It will be interesting to see how it progresses.  They use the same ship back and too every couple of days - Sea Cruiser 2.  It’s due to dock at 19:45 if anyone is expecting a child!

https://www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=9196319

Crikey it seems to be adrift now.  It’d be just my luck if the last Excel AWD semi conductors in the world end up 1000 fathoms below the North Sea with my car attached.  

• Haha 3

If that happens anchorman, I'll 'make an arrangement' with my dealer and we'll (sorry, they'll) sell you mine for £10K above list price....🤩

• Haha 2

On 12/14/2022 at 5:35 PM, Baytree said:

That quote and Jim's MyT Pre-collision warnings sound a little off. If the dealer does connect up your MyT registered email address with your car's VIN in the system, you will be in the picture about where and when your car is stored and moved. Also the Hybrid Coaching goes on so you can see if they have been caning it whilst in transit. With ours they managed to get it down to 37/100. Ouch!

Not sure what "Hybrid Coaching" means but if you are referring to Battery State of Charge that is exactly the point I raised a question about here in November. Our car entered build on 12 November and left the factory on 15 November and I have no idea what the state of the 12v starter/services Battery or the Hybrid propulsion Battery is, especially considering current temperatures. I am very conscious of battery management because it costs nearly £6k to replace the batteries on our boat so it's essential I look after them. I hope someone is doing something to manage the batteries on our YarisX.

34 minutes ago, MCatPG said:

Not sure what "Hybrid Coaching" means but if you are referring to battery State of Charge that is exactly the point I raised a question about here in November. Our car entered build on 12 November and left the factory on 15 November and I have no idea what the state of the 12v starter/services battery or the Hybrid propulsion battery is, especially considering current temperatures. I am very conscious of battery management because it costs nearly £6k to replace the batteries on our boat so it's essential I look after them. I hope someone is doing something to manage the batteries on our YarisX.

Oh for Pete’s sake, it’s not Toyota’s first rodeo on hybrids.  They sell them in parts of the world where our little cold snap is sub tropical by comparison.  The car will compensate for these conditions because the designers know what they are doing.  There’s so many members on these forums that think they know better and love a bit of drama or want to vent at the brand because they’ve ignored the warnings.  If you’re that worried about your delicate batteries, buy a Ford and see how you get on with that.  Nobody is at gunpoint to have one of these dreadful hybrids forced on them.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Crikey mate, because you have 11k posts and someone has 27, you might be a bit more restrained. I !Removed! cringe when I see posts like this.😠

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, MCatPG said:

I have no idea what the state of the 12v starter/services battery or the Hybrid propulsion battery

At the end of the day if there is a problem with the hybrid Battery, it will be covered by the new car warranty or the hybrid Battery extended warranty (depending whether you have the car serviced by a Toyota dealer or pay for the hybrid health check).

Back to the topic subject - Yaris Cross delivery, etc.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Baytree said:

Crikey mate, because you have 11k posts and someone has 27, you might be a bit more restrained. I !Removed! cringe when I see posts like this.😠

How many posts I’ve made has nothing to do with my response, I don’t know how you’ve come to that conclusion.  I just get weary of all the drama about these batteries and the assumption that Toyota haven’t considered the cross section of operating conditions.  What kind of looking after do these batteries need?   I’ll be very disappointed if mine aren’t being massaged by a sun tanned beauty on a dessert island during this nuclear winter.  It’s more likely that when it’s not stood in a yard on some quay side, it’s on the back of a Scania getting chilled further.  Same as any other Toyota in the northern hemisphere.  On topic, mine has just rocked up at Derby - they are doing a good job so far.  Every time it flirts back to Zebrugge on the app I know it’s progressing.   

• Confused 1

That's good news for your car anchorman - mine was only at Derby for a few days before appearing at the dealership (or more precisely, the dealership's off-site compound) so hope you get a nice Xmas present

3 hours ago, SinglePointSafety said:

That's good news for your car anchorman - mine was only at Derby for a few days before appearing at the dealership (or more precisely, the dealership's off-site compound) so hope you get a nice Xmas present

Cheers Keith.  I’m hoping so too.  They originally said Jan 9th but that doesn’t work for me so I’m hoping sooner - fingers crossed.  It isn’t a big deal if not but would be better (the moment I get heated seats and steering wheel we’ll get an unprecedented heatwave).

My car was visible on my App from production and showed with Find my Car on the dealers pound well before they told me it had arrived and I was able to track it when it moved from Pound to Workshop and around the yard.  I could see when the doors were locked, and on the day I saw it moved to Sainsbury for fuelling while we were sorting our the paperwork. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

My car was visible on my App from production and showed with Find my Car on the dealers pound well before they told me it had arrived and I was able to track it when it moved from Pound to Workshop and around the yard.  I could see when the doors were locked, and on the day I saw it moved to Sainsbury for fuelling while we were sorting our the paperwork. 

I could with my Lexus so maybe mine will pop up soon.  

Thanks Roy, that's interesting: my car has only just appeared (ie location, lock status, last journey etc) on the MyT app, the car having apparently been at the dealership for a few days

• Like 1

And just opened an email from the dealer, evidently Toyota are insisting (?) that "all cars delivered to the dealer in December must be registered by the end-Dec"

Me being cynical, my first rule in any dialogue with anyone in the UK Motor Trade mirrors that of Jeremy Paxman when talking to politicians: "why is this lying b*****d lying to me?" So anchorman, if that is actually true, your car might be with you sooner than anticipated

• Like 1

On 12/16/2022 at 10:27 AM, anchorman said:

Oh for Pete’s sake.....

I asked about maintaining SOC because I am used to that being a critical issue on our boat and I am still learning about Lithium chemistry batteries in cars.

I don't think I know better. I am here to learn.

I do not love drama. Drama is the very last thing I want in any of my activities, some of which require a cool head if they are to be carried out safely.

And I have not "vented at the brand". 

If the forum etiquette is that new members must not ask questions in case long-standing members think they are silly then the forum is less valuable than I thought it was.

@FROSTYBALLS My question about Battery maintenance and SOC during the period between a car leaving the factory and arriving at the dealer is relevant to delivery.

Michael, don't be put off.  There is a wealth of knowledge here, you just need to ask the right question. 

Actually your question on SoC is not that silly really.  In other times and other makes it was not unusual for a car to be parked up on an airfield for a year or more.  I once bought one of these lemons which soon showed signs of rust.  The giveaway, had I realised, was the paint colour. 

Today however the time from Battery installation to delivery is probably less than a month.  In that month I would guess that systems are not enabled until late on. 

As Frosty said, the batteries are warranted, though I suspect the 12v much less than the hybrid. 

Comparing the time a simple car of old can sustain a useable SoC with a modern car is wrong.  Your modern car is 'connected' to a greater or lesser extent at all times. 

Its alarm is active, it's listening for your key action, it's listening for a awakeup call to turn the conditioning on, to flash its lights, to lock the doors if you forgot. Its alarm system is also on, and power is required to retain its services memory. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MCatPG said:

My question about battery maintenance and SOC during the period between a car leaving the factory and arriving at the dealer is relevant to delivery.

Toyota have 25+ years experience of manufacturing cars with electrified powertrains, hybrid batteries and taking steps to ensure the hybrid batteries are maintained correctly during the delivery process (probably more than anyone else). Since being on the forum (2008) I cannot recall any members saying they've had hybrid Battery problems caused through the delivery process - and that takes into account the period when Covid was a larger issue than now and the past couple of years when the delivery process has been affected by a variety of causes.

• Like 1

Don't worry about anchs, he's a wise old goat but he's been here so long he's at that "bloody kids! get off my lawn!" stage :tongue: :laugh: 

re. the batteries - The 12v one has been the annoying one, but as long as you actually use the car and don't just leave it parked up for days and weeks on end and only use it occasionally for short hops, it should be fine. I use mine every day for work and have left it for 2 weeks for holidays and come back and it's fired up first time, no dramas.

The traction Battery is totally care-free - The car will do all the management it needs and this is something Toyota got right first time and have only refined through the years; They've gotten it so right that the traction batteries in the original Prius are still in use in most cases and have out-lasted even the giant EV Battery packs so far!

I wouldn't even worry about it for transit - When the car is off it is totally disconnected so there is very little drain. Also lithium packs don't mind being stored at partial states of charge for long periods (In fact they prefer being stored at around 50% charge for optimal life). It's almost the opposite of lead acid batteries, which HAVE to be stored at a full charge or they degrade faster the lower SoC they are at.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Cyker said:

re. the batteries - The 12v one has been the annoying one, but as long as you actually use the car and don't just leave it parked up for days and weeks on end and only use it occasionally for short hops, it should be fine. I use mine every day for work and have left it for 2 weeks for holidays and come back and it's fired up first time, no dramas.

I'm finding this discussion very interesting. I've had a Fiesta for the last 4+ years from new so do a lot of lurking on the relevant forums, where the Battery SOC topic comes up with great regularity.

The issue seems to be that, for reasons of emissions, the car's "smart" charging system only charges beyond 80% SOC under certain driving "mixes" and doing a lot of miles is not necessarily the answer - I've driven hundreds of miles in a day and still had a Battery alert next morning, as have many others.

Until this car, never experienced Battery issues with a new-ish car, generally got 8 or more years out of them.

Looking seriously at Toyota (probably Corolla) for my next car, so learning as much as I can at present. I had got the impression that the traction batteries were not an issue, which indeed seems to be the case, but interested to see if there were problems on the 12v side.

Incidentally many Ford forum users have acquired a "smart" home charger (Noco, C-tek and Maypole being popular) and have found that a regular "top up" seems to keep problems at bay. It's certainly worked for me.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links