Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

Please return to the topic subject - 'Yaris Cross delivery, etc'.

Had a chance to look around it today.  Fitted the mudflaps which has reall cleaned it up because in the first run it was all up the sides and after shopping there’s nothing.  Noticed you get a single wipe when you stick it reverse - quite good.  Test the remote start to see if maintains the temp setting and it does.  

• Like 1

Anybody interested in these before I advertise them?  Delivery mileage on them.

12BBEBB5-7E35-4567-BA53-3D288398AAE6.jpeg

29DBFFB3-0AA8-441E-B1EF-BB25EB4CDE5A.jpeg

9261A8D5-F2F5-43B8-B08C-C779E8285B6D.jpeg

E5FD246F-18A6-469E-9BD2-CF3D568D026F.jpeg

• Like 2

Don,

When was yours actually made as the Auto reverse wipe can cause issues in Winter conditions.?

Tel

14 hours ago, Tel 2 said:

Don,

When was yours actually made as the Auto reverse wipe can cause issues in Winter conditions.?

Tel

Tyres are Week 42 which are usually a couple of weeks off.  I think the App said 9th Nov if I remember rightly.  

The Certificate of Performance contains the Build Date.

Tel

4 hours ago, Tel 2 said:

Not Performance,should read Conformance,

Tel

If I remember rightly from my Lexus, it came later in the post?

Mine @ the point of Sale but who knows what happens these days as you experienced recently.

Terry

Ordered Yaris Cross Excel with city pack, and pan roof in metallic silver the first week of September 2022. The car was only built in January and on its last lap to the dealer. I was sent a screenshot by my sales rep sometime last week to show ETA as March, but after seeing the progress on the MyT app, I spoke to the deer who later shared another screenshot to show ETA as 08/02/2023.

Tried to track using the VIN but to no avail. 

• Like 1

They sure are turning out the Yaris Cross in numbers , in demand and impressive title - the most produced car in 2022 in France

My french is not that 'très bien' (very good) so went for the translate button in the browser - https://media.toyota.fr/la-toyota-yaris-cross--voiture-la-plus-produite-en-france-en-2022/

Edited by FROSTYBALLS
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/15/2022 at 3:00 PM, Baytree said:

Or the VIN plates are built in Japan. In the short time this rabbit hole has opened up, nothing I have Googled so links JTD with France or Czechia, just "Toyota Car under the "Japan" origin. Anything from Czechia is supposed to fall within TJ-TP.

image.thumb.png.0f6adb4a8b029af18caacb8b68a3a7a4.png

Mine has JTD and was built in France. 

Screenshot_2023-01-31-13-29-47-97_715cf539f279538cd75643f24ff867f8.jpg

On 1/30/2023 at 1:58 PM, Tel 2 said:

Mine @ the point of Sale but who knows what happens these days as you experienced recently.

Terry

It might be with the book, I’ll check when I think on 👍

1 hour ago, squadrondavid said:

Mine has JTD and was built in France. 

Screenshot_2023-01-31-13-29-47-97_715cf539f279538cd75643f24ff867f8.jpg

We looked into this vin thing a while ago.  It’s embedded in the VMI as a letter.  There’s a chart somewhere.  

11 hours ago, FreddoChoc said:

They sure are turning out the Yaris Cross in numbers , in demand and impressive title - the most produced car in 2022 in France

My french is not that 'très bien' (very good) so went for the translate button in the browser - https://media.toyota.fr/la-toyota-yaris-cross--voiture-la-plus-produite-en-france-en-2022/

Translated by the phone…..

The Toyota Yaris Cross, the most produced car in France in 2022

· According to data from Inovev*, the Toyota Yaris Cross became the most produced car in France in 2022, all models and brands combined

· The Toyota Motor Manufacturing France (TMMF) site in Onnaing-Valenciennes, located in the Hauts-de-France region, produced 161 508 Yaris Cross in 2022

· A total of 255,584 vehicles were produced in 2022 by TMMF with the 4th generation Yaris and the Mazda city car. It is the second largest volume of production since the site's beginnings in 2001

Produced since July 2021 on the Valencian site, the Yaris Cross makes a remarkable entry into the European market since it is already in the top 5 in the urban SUV segment.

The Yaris Cross succeeds the Yaris in the list of the most produced vehicles in France, Yaris which had already come to the top of this ranking seven times in the last ten years.

With the production of this second vehicle, Toyota Motor Manufacturing France (TMMF) recorded its second largest volume of activity in 2022 since its start in 2001. With a total of 255,584 units produced, TMMF approached its record set in 2007 with 262,243 vehicles.

Yaris Cross accounted for 63% of the site's annual production with a record self-rechargeable hybrid engine ratio of 95%.

Driven by the success of its vehicle in a growing segment, TMMF aims to exceed the threshold of 280,000 cars produced in 2023, which would set a new production record for the Valencian site.

This high level of activity thus allows TMMF to continue its plan to transform 500 fixed-term contracts into permanent contracts as announced last summer. To date, the company has a workforce of 5,043 people, including 3,747 on permanent contracts and 824 fixed-term contracts. The historic milestone of 4,000 permanent contracts could be reached by the end of 2024.

"The arrival of the Yaris Cross on our production line in addition to the 4thgeneration Yaris marks a turning point in the history of our site. One in four Toyota vehicles sold in Europe is produced here at TMMF. This makes our site the most important for the group in Europe. This is excellent news for all our employees; our ambition to reach 300,000 vehicles produced per year is becoming more and more formal," says Jim Crosbie, President of Toyota Motor Manufacturing France.

"The Yaris Cross, crowned with the Origine France Garantie certification and the most produced car in 2022, confirms its success on the French market. This success combined with that of the Yaris makes our brand the leader of the "Made in France" automotive on French territory," concludes Frank Marotte, President and CEO of Toyota France.

* www.inovev.com. Classification based on production volumes reported by manufacturers

• Like 4

Hi Everyone,if my car arrives before March. Should I pursue the dealer to lower the cost, is there any advantage? because I've taken out a PCP finance.  Secondly if I end up getting in before the March registration is the MOT still due after three years ?.

Currently  the car is transit in the UK.

Appreciate All the advice given.

• Confused 1

Hello, please, I need clarification. My sister got her Yaris cross in October 2022 but late in December, she was contacted by the dealership that they will like her to return the car for a higher spec at their own (dealership) cost. They already ordered a brand-new car for her which can be seen on her Toyota app. I am just curious why the dealership will do so and at a loss. 

Did anyone get an idea? 

Thank you. 

• Like 1

Hello just update on my situation. My car will be ready in mid May which is 3 months from now. I am already waiting 12 months so at the end will be 15 months for delivery. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, squadrondavid said:

Hello, please, I need clarification. My sister got her Yaris cross in October 2022 but late in December, she was contacted by the dealership that they will like her to return the car for a higher spec at their own (dealership) cost. They already ordered a brand-new car for her which can be seen on her Toyota app. I am just curious why the dealership will do so and at a loss. 

Did anyone get an idea? 

Thank you. 

And when will the new car be delivered?

Well it will count as a new sale, and presumably she will have to enter into a new PCP, which may be at a higher APR, etc. She needs to look carefully at what they're offering. You seldom get something for nothing.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ToyotaFan56 said:

Secondly if I end up getting in before the March registration is the MOT still due after three years ?.

Why would the date of the first MOT change??

• Like 1

They’re looking at pushing the MOT out to 4 years which probably makes sense given cars are far more durable than when 3 years was introduced.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, anchorman said:

They’re looking at pushing the MOT out to 4 years which probably makes sense given cars are far more durable than when 3 years was introduced.  

Well, I don't seem to understand this concept as she lives in Northern Ireland where new cars only need to go for MOT after 4 years. 

18 hours ago, ToyotaFan56 said:

Secondly if I end up getting in before the March registration is the MOT still due after three years ?.

The MOT changes are only proposals at present, and until they decide which way to move, the first MOT will remain as it is currently - at 3 years

• Like 1

On 1/31/2023 at 4:39 PM, ToyotaFan56 said:

Hi Everyone,if my car arrives before March. Should I pursue the dealer to lower the cost, is there any advantage? because I've taken out a PCP finance.  Secondly if I end up getting in before the March registration is the MOT still due after three years ?.

Currently  the car is transit in the UK.

Appreciate All the advice given.

You agreeded to a price at the time of ordering so why now ask for the cost to be lowered?

Any PCP discount comes with T&C attached. What were the T&C atthe time of ordering? What's the T&C on the current PCP offer? Would you qualify for current PCP price?

A MOT is due 3yr after 1st registration date here in UK. If you're talking about VED tax then if your car is registered on 27th Feb 2023 then it will need renewing by 1st Feb 2024.

Hope that helps

18 hours ago, squadrondavid said:

Did anyone get an idea?

I'm at a total loss to explain this both from a dealer point of view and a legal point of view.

Can only think they'd do this if car was faulty but then, why allow her to drive faulty car? and they've already ordered a car for her without her permission? And then when a new car comes along there's the issue of having to cancel or update insurances which will involve admin fees?

Not saying it's untrue but I find it difficult to believe. Sounds more to me as if someone has the story mixed up.  

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links