Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

36 minutes ago, anchorman said:

I know you are joking but I rather think it would still go to Derby.  They send out a transporter with all the different models from Derby.  I suspect it has to have the fuses and locking wheel nuts done there too.

Well ok if the "system" dictates that.

But if I was in the market for a new car, I think I would sooner pick it up from Grimsby, before it had several more chances of damage, and being messed about by various handlers.

I remember one of my first jobs as a teenager before my apprenticeship in bricklaying, was to remove the protective wax with a hot jet wash on jaguars and Daimlers when they reached the dealer.

I had no clue what I was doing, and destroyed the Wiper Blades on several expensive motors before I learned any better.

The more experienced mechanics and salesmen got to thrash the hell out out of them up the ramp from the cellar level workshop, tyre squealing and all.

The less people that mess around with your new car, the better in my opinion.

But hey ho , the "main dealers"know best I suppose.

1 minute ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Well ok if the "system" dictates that.

But if I was in the market for a new car, I think I would sooner pick it up from Grimsby, before it had several more chances of damage, and being messed about by various handlers.

I remember one of my first jobs as a teenager before my apprenticeship in bricklaying, was to remove the protective wax with a hot jet wash on jaguars and Daimlers when they reached the dealer.

I had no clue what I was doing, and destroyed the wiper blades on several expensive motors before I learned any better.

The more experienced mechanics and salesmen got to thrash the hell ou

There's no way they’ll let you pick it up from anywhere other than the dealer.   Me and Tel are on the doorstep of Burnaston but we have to wait!

• Like 1

Ferrari,I understand lets you pick up the car from the factory if you pay more.

So you know nobody has messed about with it.

But other makes you don't know who has been monkeying around with it,or what they have abused.

I think that I will get a Ferrari next,as long as they make something like a Yaris.😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Ferrari,I understand lets you pick up the car from the factory if you pay more.

But other makes you don't know who has been monkeying around with it,or what they have abused.

I think that I will get a Ferrari next,as long as they make something like a Yaris.😅

It’s not quite a hand made million pound car!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, anchorman said:

What was incorrect?

The Panoramic roof and city park. 

7 hours ago, squadrondavid said:

It's now at the dealership, I was called in to sort the paperwork, only to find out that it wasn't the specs I ordered. 

The car that arrived at the dealership isn't  the specs I ordered, so they decided to reorder a new car for me but to compensate me, they said I can drive home the one that just arrived and return it for the new one when it arrives at no extra cost to me. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, anchorman said:

It’s not quite a hand made million pound car!

No, I quite agree.but then it is not a £500 bang

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, squadrondavid said:

The car that arrived at the dealership isn't  the specs I ordered, so they decided to reorder a new car for me but to compensate me, they said I can drive home the one that just arrived and return it for the new one when it arrives at no extra cost to me. 

So presumably the dealer made a mistake when placing the order.

2 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

So presumably the dealer made a mistake when placing the order.

Probably, they further told me Toyota is having issues with panoramic roof as this is even not on the website anymore. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

No, I quite agree.but then it is not a £500 bang

You’ll be wanting to collect your baked beans off the production line next 🙄

• Haha 3

Fantastic Dealer response considering the Sat Nav is the only change Olum will see.

Tel

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Why is everyone so sceptical?  Why not ask to go on the factory floor and build the car yourself just incase the bloke who put the wheels on didn't tighten the nuts up properly?

If I went thru life with that attitude I'd go insane.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

For anyone who's interested in the GR Sport or metallic Orange, this is the first youtube review I've seen of a Euro spec car.

Unfortunately you need to speak Polish if you want a commentary but given it's only a trim change, I'd expect it to be exactly the same commentary as for any Yaris Cross.

GR Sport - orange

I'd assumed the orange was like the bronze Toyota used elsewhere ( which I quite liked ) but having seen this video...  I'm sure some folk will like it. 😄

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RonYarisX said:

Why is everyone so sceptical?  Why not ask to go on the factory floor and build the car yourself just incase the bloke who put the wheels on didn't tighten the nuts up properly?

If I went thru life with that attitude I'd go insane.

A lot of my posts are somewhat tongue in cheek Ron.

And exaggerated a little too, sometimes, for humour.

And I have not posted about car factories, just dealers who I know are careless about customers cars, seen it in person, and you don't have to read many of others posts to realise that this is normal behaviour.

But if I went round with the attitude of judging others so quickly without any basis, I think I too, would go insane.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

A lot of my posts are somewhat tongue in cheek Ron.

And exaggerated a little too, sometimes, for humour.

And I have not posted about car factories, just dealers who I know are careless about customers cars, seen it in person, and you don't have to read many of others posts to realise that this is normal behaviour.

But if I went round with the attitude of judging others so quickly without any basis, I think I too, would go insane.

Without basis!  Apologies but astrology isn't one of my strong points. If you can't judge someone on what they say then how do you judge them?

Not sure if it's still the case but when I bought Mercs at the end of the 90's / early 2000's, I was given the option of collecting them from the factory in Germany. ( one was Stuggart the other was up north Germany somewhere ). Mercedes would pay for my flight and overnight hotel accommodation - I'm sure a factory tour was thrown in too. Or I could have picked it up at the dealership 10mins along the road from me. I always thought there's more chance of arriving home with a nice new car from Perth than one that's just been driven 1000 miles. Lets face it, as soon as we drive off the forecourt or the factory or the dockyard, that lovely new car is 2nd hand and open to all the abuse the environment holds. State of our roads, it's a miracle our alloys don't suffer pothole damage 5mins after taking delivery.

It's refreshing to read of someone above giving dealers praise for once.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My Toyota App is still telling me Order Processing, but the dealer has said, from his end, it says ‘at sea’.

Anyone know the how long it takes from ‘at sea’ to collection?

Ages I am afraid as MyT is telling me mine is stuck in Grimsby awaiting transfer to Derby then subsequent passage to my Dealer.

I regularly delete my App in the hope it updates the progress but it never does.

The Delay is SO frustrating given I was told Dealer Delivery would be in 2 days time.

MyT may just be a poor tool, nevetheless I am not holding my breath.

Tel

• Like 2

That depends.  Is it the north Sea or the Sea of Japan?  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Contacted my Dealer & told my car is forecast to be delivered to them on Thursday 16th. of this month

Interestingly their System confirms my car is in Grimsby so MyT may be more accurate than I believed.

A Red Yaris Cross  arrived yesterday, not my Spec & not forecast.

Tel

MyT up-dated yesterday after deleting it yet again.

My Cross is now in Derby.

Tel

1 minute ago, Tel 2 said:

MyT up-dated yesterday after deleting it yet again.

My Cross is now in Derby.

Tel

You should get it very soon. 

21 hours ago, Tel 2 said:

Contacted my Dealer & told my car is forecast to be delivered to them on Thursday 16th. of this month

Interestingly their System confirms my car is in Grimsby so MyT may be more accurate than I believed.

A Red Yaris Cross  arrived yesterday, not my Spec & not forecast.

Tel

There is always a fracking number attached to the car, if it matches yours then, I am afraid that's what they have for you as the same happened to me. What was delivered to the dealer wasn't the spec I ordered, hence, my dealer submitted a new order for me and then offered a free replacement when the new car arrives. 

On 2/6/2023 at 3:51 PM, Tel 2 said:

Ages I am afraid as MyT is telling me mine is stuck in Grimsby awaiting transfer to Derby then subsequent passage to my Dealer.

I regularly delete my App in the hope it updates the progress but it never does.

The Delay is SO frustrating given I was told Dealer Delivery would be in 2 days time.

MyT may just be a poor tool, nevetheless I am not holding my breath.

Tel

MyT isn't 100% accurate. My car arrived on 03/02/2023, it was only updated early 7th of February, a day after picking the car up. 

On 2/4/2023 at 2:18 AM, squadrondavid said:

Probably, they further told me Toyota is having issues with panoramic roof as this is even not on the website anymore. 

IMG20230206135705.heic

• Like 1