Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

The 18" does look really good on the normal Yaris I must admit, though it's definitely not for me. Want comfort as well as less expensive tyres, so the 16" on the design trim is perfect to go 205/55/16 later on for one of the cheapest profiles and exactly the profile I want.

1 hour ago, anchorman said:

The GR looks a bit fancy and it has comfier seats than the Excel.  It also has stiffer springs and shock absorbers.   Some people like the image so why shouldn’t they choose one if they fancy it.  

That's sort of the point I was making; Most new car buyers are more concerned about the look of the thing than anything else. It's partly why Toyota have always struggled to win over the automotive press while the French and Germans are always sung praises!

To someone like me, who is very much function over form, I just don't get why anyone would choose something objectively worse just because it 'looks better', but the GR Sport has been a very popular trim level so clearly a significant number of these people exist, and Toyota would be silly not to cater to their tastes!

58 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

The 18" does look really good on the normal Yaris I must admit, though it's definitely not for me. Want comfort as well as less expensive tyres, so the 16" on the design trim is perfect to go 205/55/16 later on for one of the cheapest profiles and exactly the profile I want.

It is very eye-of-the-beholder; To me the 17"s already have too much of a rim-to-tyre bias to look good and the 18's have taken it firmly into crazy ricer territory. The next step is to fit pneumatic lifters, slam it and dial in some extreme camber :laugh: 

My own tastes find the 16" rims the best combination - Perfect ratio of rim to tyre. My 15"s are straying into 4x4 territory, although personally I still like them more than the 17"'s :laugh: 

But everyone has a different view and I'm very much in the minority! (When even insurance companies don't have a modification entry for what you've done, you know that's properly niche :laugh: )

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cyker said:

I don't get it either, yet there are people buying the Yaris GR Sport which is *objectively worse* than the Yaris Excel for the same price, except it has 18"

I see the GR as objectively better. 🤣   As I understand it, the UK Excel has the same size 18" tyres rather than 17" ?

9 hours ago, Cyker said:

And this is very very normal - If more people had practical sense...

Not to mention the eye-wateringly high tyre costs!

Strange choice of words - why is a small tyre more practical?  As far as I can tell they're both circular 😄  And I'll say it again, both Excel and GR list at £30k. Even the poverty version costs £25k. The price difference between 17" and 18" is being described as eyewatering then that's another strange choice of words. I was only planning on changing my tyres every 3-4 years, not every 3-4 weeks.

The harder the ride the better for me ( oh matron! ) No seriously, I dislike cars with a 'floaty' feeling. If I hit a bump in the road, I want the car to settle a.s.a.p. rather than a suspension that resonates. If available, I'll always choose the model with the hardest ride. The only 'down' side to a larger tyre is the inevitable increased road noise but for me it's a price worth paying.

Edit:  I hope nobody takes offence but the last few posts suggest pricing being a deciding factor. I get a little annoyed at this because obviously people are using assumptions rather than researching the facts. Whatyou people have said is simply not true.

For convenience I've only looked at the fitted prices on Blackcircles using tyres that are common to all three sizes. So for example take a bog std average tyre by Hankook - Ventus Prime 3

16" 205/65/R16 £128  17" 215/55/R17 £127 18" 215/50/R18  £128   They're all the same price ! 🤣

A little bit upmarket - Continental Eco Contact 6

16" 205/65/R16 £132  17" 215/55/R17 £144 18" 215/50/R18  £158   Eyewatering difference? 

Or if we're talking All Season then top of the range is Michelin Cross Climate 2 ( note: 18" was only available in the slightly newer and more expensive 'SUV' version )

16" 205/65/R16 £211  17" 215/55/R17 £167 18" 215/50/R18  £188   The 16" tyres are the most expensive !!!  In any case, can these price differentials be described as eyewatering?  Will a £21 difference between the 17" and 18" every 3-4 years troubles someone? Of course not.

People have obviously commented using their own prejudices rather than using facts.  When I realised thse 16" tyres cost more than 18"...  🤣 🤣     laugh I nearly had an abortion.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Cyker said:

That's sort of the point I was making; Most new car buyers are more concerned about the look of the thing than anything else. It's partly why Toyota have always struggled to win over the automotive press while the French and Germans are always sung praises!

To someone like me, who is very much function over form, I just don't get why anyone would choose something objectively worse just because it 'looks better', but the GR Sport has been a very popular trim level so clearly a significant number of these people exist, and Toyota would be silly not to cater to their tastes!

It is very eye-of-the-beholder; To me the 17"s already have too much of a rim-to-tyre bias to look good and the 18's have taken it firmly into crazy ricer territory. The next step is to fit pneumatic lifters, slam it and dial in some extreme camber :laugh: 

My own tastes find the 16" rims the best combination - Perfect ratio of rim to tyre. My 15"s are straying into 4x4 territory, although personally I still like them more than the 17"'s :laugh: 

But everyone has a different view and I'm very much in the minority! (When even insurance companies don't have a modification entry for what you've done, you know that's properly niche :laugh: )

Objectively worse how?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RonYarisX said:

I see the GR as objectively better. 🤣   As I understand it, the UK Excel has the same size 18" tyres rather than 17" ?

Strange choice of words - why is a small tyre more practical?  As far as I can tell they're both circular 😄  And I'll say it again, both Excel and GR list at £30k. Even the poverty version costs £25k. The price difference between 17" and 18" is being described as eyewatering then that's another strange choice of words. I was only planning on changing my tyres every 3-4 years, not every 3-4 weeks.

The harder the ride the better for me ( oh matron! ) No seriously, I dislike cars with a 'floaty' feeling. If I hit a bump in the road, I want the car to settle a.s.a.p. rather than a suspension that resonates. If available, I'll always choose the model with the hardest ride. The only 'down' side to a larger tyre is the inevitable increased road noise but for me it's a price worth paying.

Edit:  I hope nobody takes offence but the last few posts suggest pricing being a deciding factor. I get a little annoyed at this because obviously people are using assumptions rather than researching the facts. Whatyou people have said is simply not true.

For convenience I've only looked at the fitted prices on Blackcircles using tyres that are common to all three sizes. So for example take a bog std average tyre by Hankook - Ventus Prime 3

16" 205/65/R16 £128  17" 215/55/R17 £127 18" 215/50/R18  £128   They're all the same price ! 🤣

A little bit upmarket - Continental Eco Contact 6

16" 205/65/R16 £132  17" 215/55/R17 £144 18" 215/50/R18  £158   Eyewatering difference? 

Or if we're talking All Season then top of the range is Michelin Cross Climate 2 ( note: 18" was only available in the slightly newer and more expensive 'SUV' version )

16" 205/65/R16 £211  17" 215/55/R17 £167 18" 215/50/R18  £188   The 16" tyres are the most expensive !!!  In any case, can these price differentials be described as eyewatering?  Will a £21 difference between the 17" and 18" every 3-4 years troubles someone? Of course not.

People have obviously commented using their own prejudices rather than using facts.  When I realised thse 16" tyres cost more than 18"...  🤣 🤣     laugh I nearly had an abortion.  

You are giving him the licence to write a dissertation now. Joking aside we were talking about normal Yaris 16-17" wheels and tyre profiles, so it's kind of confusing on a YC thread. That's my dissertation. 

• Haha 1

On 2/15/2023 at 7:43 PM, DingTing said:

It’s at Zeebrugge now so hopefully it’ll find its sea legs soon. Although definitely want it to not be registered before March 1st.

Just got to Derby. How long does it take to get to the dealership? I had no added extras.

9 hours ago, anchorman said:

Objectively worse how?

Costs the same, has less tech (Or if you add the pack that puts back the missing tech, costs more, has the same tech, plus bigger rims and GR bits)

This is just my view tho' - I get some people value the aesthetics significantly and factor that in, but to me that's something intangible and hard to objectify.

(There you go Mojo is that brevity better??? :laugh: )

re. the tyres, go for it mate - This isn't a competition to win, we aim for friendly (If sometimes heated :laugh: ) information sharing here! People have different priorities and while they may not all make sense to me I still respect the right of people to have different opinions!!

Thanks for the data on the tyres - That was very eye-opening! :eek: Are the 16" tyres are an unusual size or had different ratings or something? That is unbelievably expensive!! In fact all those tyres are very expensive by my standards - Is this an SUV thing?? I've never paid more than double-figures for tyres!! :eek: 

My comments on tyres were only based on my experience on my Mk4 - When I changed to 15s, the 185/65r15s were almost half the cost of the 205/45r17 tyres, I think it was £60-something for the 15's vs over £100 17's, and I can only imagine the cost of the 18" equivalents!

Looking into it tho'  it does seem the price of tyres has shot up - The tyres I'd previously bought for mid-50/60's are now high 70's, with normally cheaper sizes rising more than more expensive sizes for some reason. I hope that sorts itself out - I'm not looking forward to paying a 3-figure sum for tyres for the first time :sad:  I miss the days when I could get Continentals for my Mk1 for £35 each!!! :eek: :laugh: 

• Like 2

Never pay list price

Screenshot_2023-03-01-18-44-34-852_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.1a2be8c4ac7e939a320b736ca476683a.jpgScreenshot_2023-03-01-18-48-23-112_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.8a1f067cd7e656607f6b74a72b0676c1.jpg

Tyres has gone up, it was £5 less a corner not so long ago. Still under 300 a set of premiums for normal Yaris. Anyway will not discuss standard Yaris stuff on YC thread anymore. 

• Like 1

On 2/27/2023 at 7:28 PM, geo13647 said:

Getting there.

ordered 30 Jan

build started this morning 27 Feb.

So, April 17 looking promising.

Well, that was quick. 
Build completed 1/3/23

Left factory 1/3/23

Arrived at Zeeb 1/3/23

Just waiting on Sea Cruiser 2 currently at Grimsby.

Things are getting interesting.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, geo13647 said:

Well, that was quick. 
Build completed 1/3/23

Left factory 1/3/23

Arrived at Zeeb 1/3/23

Just waiting on Sea Cruiser 2 currently at Grimsby.

Things are getting interesting.

Hi Geo13647

Great news your car is progressing so quickly, where did you get all that info?

I have just purchased a YC Design on 22/02

i have downloaded the MyT app but nothing shows, do I need to do anything or do I wait to hear from the dealer with my “processing” email?

kind regards

Sarratt

• Like 1

Can’t be progressing quickly.  I got blown out of the water a couple of weeks ago for suggesting they were coming quicker.  It’s like panto on here sometimes.  You make a comment and all you get is Oh no it isn’t.  

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, anchorman said:

Can’t be progressing quickly.  I got blown out of the water a couple of weeks ago for suggesting they were coming quicker.  It’s like panto on here sometimes.  You make a comment and all you get is Oh no it isn’t.  

OMG......let it go.  🙂

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, anchorman said:

If I remember rightly...you couldn't supply any evidence for your suggestion.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sarratt said:

Hi Geo13647

Great news your car is progressing so quickly, where did you get all that info?

I have just purchased a YC Design on 22/02

i have downloaded the MyT app but nothing shows, do I need to do anything or do I wait to hear from the dealer with my “processing” email?

kind regards

Sarratt

Hi Sarratt, 

got most of the info from MyT app.

Toyota will also send you emails at most stages of your order, e.g. order processing, build, transport etc.

it should have updated as soon your dealer progresses the order on the system.

mine was live a day after I completed the order form.

Might be worth checking with your dealer that he has progressed your order.

Sea Cruiser 2 is the main car carrier used by Toyota, it’s just docked at Zebbrugge (handy having a brother in law that’s ex merchant marine, and tracks ships as a hobby)

So, car should be in Grimsby at the weekend. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bob66 said:

If I remember rightly...you couldn't supply any evidence for your suggestion.

4 posts up. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, geo13647 said:

Hi Sarratt, 

got most of the info from MyT app.

Toyota will also send you emails at most stages of your order, e.g. order processing, build, transport etc.

it should have updated as soon your dealer progresses the order on the system.

mine was live a day after I completed the order form.

Might be worth checking with your dealer that he has progressed your order.

Sea Cruiser 2 is the main car carrier used by Toyota, it’s just docked at Zebbrugge (handy having a brother in law that’s ex merchant marine, and tracks ships as a hobby)

So, car should be in Grimsby at the weekend. 

Thank you Geo13647,

I’ll chase up the dealer tomorrow and see if there is any further info. 

Time scales seem to vary so much, I doff my cap to some on here for their patience. 

• Like 1

Ordered my Y C 10th Feb, MyT app update today says it's in Derby so maybe arrive at dealer next week 🤞  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sarratt said:

Time scales seem to vary so much, I doff my cap to some on here for their patience. 

And good things come to those who can wait :naughty: 

(Just to clarify, I'm talking about the car and not anything else your filthy minds have come up with!! :tongue: :laugh: )

• Like 2

On 3/2/2023 at 8:16 PM, Tommy X said:

Ordered my Y C 10th Feb, MyT app update today says it's in Derby so maybe arrive at dealer next week 🤞  

That’s fast, lucky you. I ordered mine in November no modifications either. It was the excel trim though. Mine has been at derby for nearly a month now 

14 hours ago, AMYC said:

That’s fast, lucky you. I ordered mine in November no modifications either. It was the excel trim though. Mine has been at derby for nearly a month now 

Now you've got me thinking I may have been optimistic about delivery from Derby to dealer,there seems to be approx 7 day intervals from build to Zeebrugge, Grimsby, Derby hope this timeline continues. 🤞  

On 3/6/2023 at 2:17 PM, Tommy X said:

Now you've got me thinking I may have been optimistic about delivery from Derby to dealer,there seems to be approx 7 day intervals from build to Zeebrugge, Grimsby, Derby hope this timeline continues. 🤞  

Mines getting close to that 7 days in Derby. Hopefully not too long. So far it’s ahead of schedule. Was quoted mid to late March so all still good.

The dealership gave me the late Feb date so I told them to hold off until march for the 23 plate. I think someone should tell them march has started now 😂

On 3/6/2023 at 2:17 PM, Tommy X said:

I ordered mine on 7 jan, heard nothing from the dealer but they did say I would know before them , still at order processing on the app

1 hour ago, Primus1 said:

I ordered mine on 7 jan, heard nothing from the dealer but they did say I would know before them , still at order processing on the app

Ordered on 03 Feb not even showing order processing on app! Have order number & dealer assures me its been sent off.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links