Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

My Yaris Cross was ordered on 12th January. I spoke to the dealer yesterday and he reckons the car should arrive in Dublin on 12th April.

Well, it was shown as going to Grimsby yesterday, but today it’s growing wings & flying to Bristol. Hmmm…

D3B40398-4A00-4060-8F34-5729AED1CE19.png

1 hour ago, geo13647 said:

Well, it was shown as going to Grimsby yesterday, but today it’s growing wings & flying to Bristol. Hmmm…

D3B40398-4A00-4060-8F34-5729AED1CE19.png

Ah! On further research, here’s what I found.

The Hoegh Transporter, a car carrier, currently sailing from Portbury (near Bristol) to Zeebrugge, may be the magic wings.

There seem to be thousands of vehicles at Zeeb waiting shipping, and although the ships can take up to 800 cars at a time, it’s gonna take a while. This maybe the standby route.

1 hour ago, geo13647 said:

Ah! On further research, here’s what I found.

The Hoegh Transporter, a car carrier, currently sailing from Portbury (near Bristol) to Zeebrugge, may be the magic wings.

There seem to be thousands of vehicles at Zeeb waiting shipping, and although the ships can take up to 800 cars at a time, it’s gonna take a while. This maybe the standby route.

Super interesting mine has done the same

Been at Zeeb since 28th Feb. Excel model

1 hour ago, jpswer said:

Super interesting mine has done the same

Been at Zeeb since 28th Feb. Excel model

Well, hopefully ours will be on that one on its return. It’s a MUCH bigger ship capable of up to 6,600 cars at a time.

• Like 1

Hi, I ordered the Yaris Cross Design on 25th Feb. Its been in Zeebrugge for a while now. Fingers crossed it makes it onto a ship soon. Mine looks like it's still going to Grimsby. 

3 hours ago, geo13647 said:

Well, hopefully ours will be on that one on its return. It’s a MUCH bigger ship capable of up to 6,600 cars at a time.

Let's hope so! It's frustrating seeing it sat not moving, wasn't estimated till early April anyway so still on track for that I guess.

On 3/11/2023 at 12:50 PM, geo13647 said:

On the tracker my cars gone backwards to Onnaing, which is normally good news from what I've read on here.

Still showing processing on the MyT , it’s only about six weeks to the end of April when mine is supposed to be delivered, I think the dealer has forgotten to order it..🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Primus1 said:

Still showing processing on the MyT , it’s only about six weeks to the end of April when mine is supposed to be delivered, I think the dealer has forgotten to order it..🤔

If it's showing processing it has been ordered, if it hadn't been ordered nothing would show in your MyT app.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roger_N said:

If it's showing processing it has been ordered, if it hadn't been ordered nothing would show in your MyT app.

👍

• Like 1

The Viking Amber left Zeeb yesterday, with (hopefully) 4000 cars, bound for Portbury (Bristol) , due to dock around 11:00 today. Maybe, just maybe, there might be an update on MyT this afternoon.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, geo13647 said:

The Viking Amber left Zeeb yesterday, with (hopefully) 4000 cars, bound for Portbury (Bristol) , due to dock around 11:00 today. Maybe, just maybe, there might be an update on MyT this afternoon.

I've been tracking the same ship with my fingers crossed 🤞 

Has your MyT gone backwards to Onnaing or is it still showing Zeebrugge out of interest?

1 hour ago, jpswer said:

I've been tracking the same ship with my fingers crossed 🤞 

Has your MyT gone backwards to Onnaing or is it still showing Zeebrugge out of interest?

Sill showing Zeeb at the moment, with routing to Bristol.

11 minutes ago, geo13647 said:

Interesting.  I'll keep (slightly obsessively 🤪) checking the status in the next few days. 

From my side I'm pretty disappointed with the lack of communication from the dealer. Was promised monthly updates and had nothing and no reply to emails. Maybe it will step up when it's in the country 🤐

To be fair, our dealer did call us once a month, even if it was just to tell us there was nothing to tell us.

• Like 1

I have seen new VW cars being unloaded from a ship.  A gang of eight blokes drove eight cars off and parked in the mega car park.  Then they got in a min bus that took them back to the ship and the process was repeated.  I wondered how they kept track of all the car keys.  Perhaps they left the keys in the cars and used a master key.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, geo13647 said:

Woo hoo, the Viking Amber delivered. Car now showing as Portbury on MyT.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, geo13647 said:

Woo hoo, the Viking Amber delivered. Car now showing as Portbury on MyT.

Yes same here 😃 very exciting could still hit the early April date.

• Like 1

Mine arrived in Grimsby on the Sea Cruiser 2 this morning. Fingers crossed for mid April.

• Like 3

Hi everyone, I am mostly pleased with Yaris Cross Design. It has excellent hybrid system compared to my previous MK3 Yaris , it uses Ev power a lot more. Impressive handling, better view , and good luggage space compared to Yaris.

However there's few things im kinda disappointed . The Design trim should have automatic folding mirrors as standard, theres no preheat  functionality with the app.  

On thing I'm struggling with is how the Lane departure Assist works? I just need it to alert me and turn the steering, does the radar cruise control needs to be activated for this to work or can it operate independently?

• Like 2

I just wondered when it shows building your cross on the app how long each stage takes until delivery, or is this a how longs a piece of string question? ( I’m still at processing btw) …

• Like 1

Topics merged.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Primus1 said:

I just wondered when it shows building your cross on the app how long each stage takes until delivery, or is this a how longs a piece of string question? ( I’m still at processing btw) …

My progress to date:

Ordered from Dealer 22/01/2023
Processing Order 27/01/2023
Build in Progress 26/02/2023
Left the Factory 28/02/2023
Zeebrugge 28/02/2023
Portbury

15/03/2023

I've read super variable times for the rest of the process anywhere from 1 week to 3 weeks or even longer.

I'm guessing another month for mine e.g  end April. 60 days from build starting 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Primus1 said:

When it says it's in build, it's 12 hours from being a sheet of roll steel to a completed car, approximately.

There is a day or so for testing, then delivery is 1-3 weeks to the UK. Once in the UK, it spends a week or so being inspected, then another week at the dealer.

Once the process starts, it's quite quick.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links