Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

13 hours ago, Primus1 said:

When did Yorkshire move to Ireland?, do I need to pay more council tax?😁

Only a little bit of it came with me. 😀. As regards Council tax - 'they' may add a bit on to yours to make up for the people who have moved away and don't pay it. 

Addit: Before you all have a go at me, I would like to add that I do pay UK Tax on my pensions! :sad:

Edited by dannyboy413
added a bit

Ah so that explains why mines a little crashy. My tyres are at 2.7bar (40psi) as well!

As can be seen from my amended profile, I now have the Yaris Cross! :happy:. Ordered January 12th and collected today. It has been at the dealers for about one week, so just about 13 weeks from order to delivery. 50+ miles done today and on that experience - very happy. 

• Like 3

Forgot to add - it was mentioned in an earlier post about the lack of mudflaps. Mine has them fitted but I mentioned the mudflaps issue with the dealer, He agreed that there was a problem and was expecting to have to offer cars without mudflaps from about June!

Addit: Something I have just remembered - the Sol version of the Yaris Cross increased by just under €1k last Tuesday. I obviously paid the 'old' price. 😁

• Like 1

Yesterday I canceled the order of my yaris cross. Switching to C-HR

• Like 2

10 hours ago, dannyboy413 said:

As can be seen from my amended profile, I now have the Yaris Cross! :happy:. Ordered January 12th and collected today. It has been at the dealers for about one week, so just about 13 weeks from order to delivery. 50+ miles done today and on that experience - very happy. 

Congratulations. Enjoy your new car. Some comparison to Corolla, driving experience, differences in road noise, harshness, acceleration, fuel consumption will be very interesting. Much appreciated if you decide to share. 
Thank you. 

@TonyHSD

I will do a more detailed comparison in a few days, but one thing I can say is that the road noise in the Yaris Cross is much less than in the Corolla. This is possibly down to the tyres - some name I have not heard of before - but that is the stand out thing at the moment.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, dannyboy413 said:

@TonyHSD

I will do a more detailed comparison in a few days, but one thing I can say is that the road noise in the Yaris Cross is much less than in the Corolla. This is possibly down to the tyres - some name I have not heard of before - but that is the stand out thing at the moment.

Thanks. It will be an interesting read for sure. 👍

On 4/27/2023 at 6:50 AM, Marjan said:

Yesterday I canceled the order of my yaris cross. Switching to C-HR

Take care...the a new CHR is coming soon....you'll loose a bundle of dosh when it does.

3 hours ago, Bob66 said:

Take care...the a new CHR is coming soon....you'll loose a bundle of dosh when it does.

What an unbelievably crass comment !   Without knowing any details of the sale, how can you come to that conculsion?

If there's one sure way of obtaining a bad financial deal it's buying a new car at or near launch and that's based on there being no discounts or incentives etc to be had. It usually takes at least 6mth to a year before offers start to filter thru.

Marjan - if I was given such a long delivery date with no guarantees I too would cancel. Enjoy your new car when it arrives. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RonYarisX said:

What an unbelievably crass comment !   Without knowing any details of the sale, how can you come to that conculsion?

If there's one sure way of obtaining a bad financial deal it's buying a new car at or near launch and that's based on there being no discounts or incentives etc to be had. It usually takes at least 6mth to a year before offers start to filter thru.

Marjan - if I was given such a long delivery date with no guarantees I too would cancel. Enjoy your new car when it arrives. 

Crass class 2.

What details of the sale do you know????

When a model gets replaced the old model price drops....people aren't stupid...everyone realises the runout model receives big discounts and this is taken into account.....and in-affect reduces the prices even further!

18 hours ago, RonYarisX said:

I was at the dealer and my yaris cross delivery became even more uncertain😩 
For me was unacceptable. Then i started to search for other options.
I know that new C-HR is coming,but i really couldn't wait anymore. From 20 years old golf gti to this one,it will be a huge jump for myself🙂

Thank you for your kind words

Wish you a good day. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Update to delivery Yaris Cross excel bog standard white ordered on 1/3/23 and given 7/6/23 delivery date. Check on 19/4/23 showed no stock number but delivery date now 19/6/23. 24/3/23 informed by Jemca delivery date now 28/6/23 but in the Toyota system and stock number allocated and planned in production line allocated. Dealer confident of date.

Joining the club, ordered a Yaris Cross this week in FWD Intense trim with a plus package (most of yall probably dont know what that includes cos they are different in every market 😄 ) but basically the 2nd trim (Active being the first), but with most of the actually important goodies: electric trunk, blind spot monitors, Smart Connect, etc in the brass gold/black color.

Got 5 years (not planning to keep it longer) worth of free Toyota services, 2 sets of tyres and a free metallic color.

Estimated delivery was end of august.

I am a rather recent Toyota convert. I've had a leased Aygo X for almost a year now (Was a rather aggressively cheap leasing campaign when Aygo X came out for one year) and I fell in love with the modern features and almost everything about the car. Sure it's quite noisy and chill as far as power goes, but I dont really mind. Yaris Cross seemed like a huge upgrade. I was originally eyeballing the CHR but ended up feeling like Yaris Cross checked more boxes for me. A little more practical with some of the quirkyness. C-HR seems to trade quite a bit of practicality for the design.

I dont have a chance to charge a car (plug in or otherwise) at home so thats why a self charging hybrid is a great choice for me right now.

EDIT: Attached pics of the demo car that was AWD but otherwise similar to what I ordered

tyc2.png

tyc1.png

• Like 5

My car has arrived at the dealership today, just under a month since ordering it (7th April). I can't go pick up up for another 2 weeks as I'm working, but very excited that it's here so quickly.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DrJamieT said:

My car has arrived at the dealership today, just under a month since ordering it (7th April). I can't go pick up up for another 2 weeks as I'm working, but very excited that it's here so quickly.

Having dudd memories, we like a good photo to remind us what they look like 😉

16 hours ago, DrJamieT said:

Very jealous mine has sat in Derby since February, I think they’ve lost it!

Me too, ordered mine 9th jan, not even built yet 

I've been incredibly lucky to have chosen one in a colour and spec that there just happened to be a spare of.

On 3/28/2023 at 6:10 PM, Xerapin said:

Hello! 🙂

First post, I've ordered a Yaris Cross Excel via Motorfinity, quoted 8 weeks which having read this thread I am incredibly sceptical of. Car was ordered the 21st March, got a phone call this morning saying there are no mud flaps available for the SUV Pack, if that's the only thing they are short of I can live with that!!

I'll keep you posted 😄

Just got confirmation the Car has been put into Production this week (10/05) and have been told they don't know how long production should take due to the chip shortage, but once its ready to be shipped it should be 4-6 weeks from that point.

Can I get excited yet? xD

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Xerapin said:

Just got confirmation the Car has been put into Production this week (10/05) and have been told they don't know how long production should take due to the chip shortage, but once its ready to be shipped it should be 4-6 weeks from that point.

Can I get excited yet? xD

Where in Derbyshire are you?

22 hours ago, anchorman said:

Where in Derbyshire are you?

Alfreton Area 🙂

8 hours ago, Xerapin said:

Alfreton Area 🙂

You’re all down south you Derbyshire lot.  I’m right at the top near Buxton.  

On 5/6/2023 at 2:17 PM, pip57 said:

Very jealous mine has sat in Derby since February, I think they’ve lost it!

I am closer to taking ownership, 11 weeks after arriving in the UK my car is finally with the dealership. It has a couple of ‘dealer-fitted options’ - Smartguard protection & Dashcam - that will need doing so hopefully I will be able to pick it up next week!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pip57 said:

I am closer to taking ownership, 11 weeks after arriving in the UK my car is finally with the dealership. It has a couple of ‘dealer-fitted options’ - Smartguard protection & dashcam - that will need doing so hopefully I will be able to pick it up next week!

Dashcams are usually fitted in Derby.  

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links