Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

Just back from the garage picking my excel AWD up. It actually arrived at the garage about 2 weeks ago but I was working too much to have time to go collect it. Ordered just at the begging of April.

So far, absolutely delighted with it :-D

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DrJamieT said:

Just back from the garage picking my excel AWD up. It actually arrived at the garage about 2 weeks ago but I was working too much to have time to go collect it. Ordered just at the begging of April.

So far, absolutely delighted with it 😄

Was it a cancelled order..?

25 minutes ago, Primus1 said:

Was it a cancelled order..?

I suspect it might have been because when the dealer placed the order, it was already built and just needed delivering.

3 hours ago, DrJamieT said:

I suspect it might have been because when the dealer placed the order, it was already built and just needed delivering.

I’ve been waiting since January 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chazbri said:

Does anyone know how long currently a Cross takes from order to delivery?

It seems to be varying wildly. Some have got lucky with cancelled orders, others have been waiting nearly 6 months, for me I'm still waiting and I'm 6 weeks in.

Ordered 21st March and given end of May Delivery Date
Car in Production 10th May, told it would be 4-6 weeks from the point of completion, which would put it around end of June instead.

I'm hoping I hear an update on the production in the next week but 12-16 weeks seems to be the expected timeframe atm.

I test drove on 7 jan, so order was placed on 9 jan , I was initially told end of April and this was confirmed when we popped back into the dealers in March, I had a phone call telling me it was now going to be July,I’ve not loaded it with extras, just the city pack, was hoping I’d have it before our holiday so I could experience our first long drive but , hey ho….

• Sad 1

I went in to the dealers (Maidstone) on Monday to get my Yaris Launch serviced and walked out buying a new Yaris Cross Design :unsure:.  Dealer had two brand new ones in the compound.  We collect on Saturday! They didn't say they were cancelled, said Toyota had gifted them to the dealership, which semed odd.  Perhaps they were destined to be demonstrators, they have major refurbishment work going on so perhaps had no room for them??

On a PCP worked out £25 a month less than the 2 year old Launch we have/had!

We order ours (Excel in scarlet flare) a few days before the end or March 23. We were originally given a August 23 delivery, a week later that had changed to end June. 

It was built just over a week ago and is now in Derby.  The dealer thinks they will get it early in June. 

• Like 1

On 5/24/2023 at 2:28 PM, DrJamieT said:

So far, absolutely delighted with it 😄

Are we still supposed to post a photo of our new lovely cars to make the people still waiting jealous?

PXL_20230525_191420641.MP~2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, DrJamieT said:

Are we still supposed to post a photo of our new lovely cars to make the people still waiting jealous?

PXL_20230525_191420641.MP~2.jpg

No…😀

On 5/24/2023 at 11:42 PM, Xerapin said:

It seems to be varying wildly. Some have got lucky with cancelled orders, others have been waiting nearly 6 months, for me I'm still waiting and I'm 6 weeks in.

Ordered 21st March and given end of May Delivery Date
Car in Production 10th May, told it would be 4-6 weeks from the point of completion, which would put it around end of June instead.

I'm hoping I hear an update on the production in the next week but 12-16 weeks seems to be the expected timeframe atm.

Ordered on 3rd Jan & told end of May still have nothing just an order number on an email. Nothing on My Toyota or MyT not even an order processing tag. Dealer says nothing will happen until a VIN is assigned to my build! so as far as I know my order only exists on email!

32 minutes ago, Knorton said:

Ordered on 3rd Jan & told end of May still have nothing just an order number on an email. Nothing on My Toyota or MyT not even an order processing tag. Dealer says nothing will happen until a VIN is assigned to my build! so as far as I know my order only exists on email!

That's unusual at least here. The two times I've ordered a new Toyota, it has shown up in MyToyota before I've left the dealers desk.

1 hour ago, CruxisCore said:

That's unusual at least here. The two times I've ordered a new Toyota, it has shown up in MyToyota before I've left the dealers desk.

Just been onto the dealer. The saleman I was dealing with no longer works there! (probably for telling people that their car is coming two months earlier than it can be made🤐) and they forgot to notify me. Have now been told my order is delayed until July/August And I should have told earlier so they will try to sort something out for the delay, just what they won't say. and they blame Toyota uk for not even recognising the order in My Toyota and MyT!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Knorton said:

Just been onto the dealer. The saleman I was dealing with no longer works there! (probably for telling people that their car is coming two months earlier than it can be made🤐) and they forgot to notify me. Have now been told my order is delayed until July/August And I should have told earlier so they will try to sort something out for the delay, just what they won't say. and they blame Toyota uk for not even recognising the order in My Toyota and MyT!

Beware.  Make sure it doesn’t get registered in August despite being delivered in September.  They rigged the numbers on mine showing it as a 22 when in fact it was a 23 model delivered the first week in 23.  They wanted to manipulate the books.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CruxisCore said:

I've got nothing in mine but I've also ordered it through Motorfinity and not a traditional dealership so unsure if that makes a difference

39 minutes ago, Xerapin said:

I've got nothing in mine but I've also ordered it through Motorfinity and not a traditional dealership so unsure if that makes a difference

Probably does, I'd vager only Toyota dealers have straight access to MyT

1 hour ago, Xerapin said:

You will not get any info on the MyT app, I had the same situation on my Rav4, the App only works when it's a dealer order. Motorfinity will get updates but may not pass them on to you but you can ask.

• Thanks 1

Had an unexpected short wait for my Yaris Cross Design to be delivered. Ordered 28th March 2023 and was delivered yesterday (25th May 2023). Took it out for a drive last night and it was a very positive first drive. Really nice and smooth. 

IMG_4602.thumb.jpeg.0abb61db90170a6ec62472e17d92b450.jpeg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Roger_N said:

You will not get any info on the MyT app, I had the same situation on my Rav4, the App only works when it's a dealer order. Motorfinity will get updates but may not pass them on to you but you can ask.

They've been pretty good on the updates so far, I Get one about every fortnite give or take. Due one v.soon 🙂

• Like 1

Ordered excel cross scarlet flare 25 April dealer said July My T says order being processed.

• Like 2

Am I right in thinking that if my car has a VIN that begins with a J, it was built in the Japanese factory rather than the French one? The MyT app didn't work for me so I didn't get to track it.

29 minutes ago, DrJamieT said:

Am I right in thinking that if my car has a VIN that begins with a J, it was built in the Japanese factory rather than the French one? The MyT app didn't work for me so I didn't get to track it.

No.  You need to look at the letter before the last 6 numbers.  A means it’s French built.  N means Czech Republic (rare).  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, anchorman said:

Beware.  Make sure it doesn’t get registered in August despite being delivered in September.  They rigged the numbers on mine showing it as a 22 when in fact it was a 23 model delivered the first week in 23.  They wanted to manipulate the books.

Exact same thing happened to me.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2023 at 11:54 AM, anchorman said:

Beware.  Make sure it doesn’t get registered in August despite being delivered in September.

How do you make sure it's not registered the previous month?

If you're paying full list price for the car and it's a private purchase then I suppose you can ask before you order the car but if the car is ordered on PCP then 1. you're not going to be the owner so have no say and 2. what difference does it make as long as the GFV is unaffected?

If you're a private owner and bought the car at discount then the likelyhood is that discount has been obtained by using part of the bonus a dealer will achieve if they meet sales targets. To meet that target the car may have to be registered the previous month so the dealer amy well be in their right to increase the price if you demand the car is registered the next month.

Example: I was due to pick up a car in March 2017 which would have put it on a 17 plate which we had pre-agreed, but was contacted the week before asking if I'd reconsider registering it on 27th Feb on a 66 plate. They offered a financial incentive of a few hundred pounds to do so but I refused saying a reg change was worth more to me so would prefer the 17 plate as originally agreed. I was asked how much was it worth to me, I said something like £600 which they agreed to.

So that's another option if a dealer wants to register a car early - negotiate with them. As a private buyer, £600 is worth more to me than a plate change would be.  

8 hours ago, RonYarisX said:

How do you make sure it's not registered the previous month?

If you're paying full list price for the car and it's a private purchase then I suppose you can ask before you order the car but if the car is ordered on PCP then 1. you're not going to be the owner so have no say and 2. what difference does it make as long as the GFV is unaffected?

If you're a private owner and bought the car at discount then the likelyhood is that discount has been obtained by using part of the bonus a dealer will achieve if they meet sales targets. To meet that target the car may have to be registered the previous month so the dealer amy well be in their right to increase the price if you demand the car is registered the next month.

Example: I was due to pick up a car in March 2017 which would have put it on a 17 plate which we had pre-agreed, but was contacted the week before asking if I'd reconsider registering it on 27th Feb on a 66 plate. They offered a financial incentive of a few hundred pounds to do so but I refused saying a reg change was worth more to me so would prefer the 17 plate as originally agreed. I was asked how much was it worth to me, I said something like £600 which they agreed to.

So that's another option if a dealer wants to register a car early - negotiate with them. As a private buyer, £600 is worth more to me than a plate change would be.  

I’d have to go into a story that I don’t want to go into on here but looking at the dates and the vagaries involved, it sounded familiar.  My car arrived in January but was registered in December.  It might not matter to you or the guy above but it caused me untold problems.  You could argue it was just delayed but the PDI was backdated to December too.  As it happens, on my insurance it shows as a 2022 model so if that database shows it as 2022, how do we know an online buyer like Carwow or Motorway won’t.  

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links