Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

Update !!!!

The company I ordered my Yaris Cross got an update about a week ago saying it's built and should be mid September but is going to double check for me due to chip shortages 'n' all that, it's getting exciting the time is getting closer 🙂

• Like 1

Having worked in car manufacturing, I can honestly say I’d never order a brand new model until it’s at least 6 months into production.

I won’t say why, but just hold off until early next year.

Just now, Starensis said:

Having worked in car manufacturing, I can honestly say I’d never order a brand new model until it’s at least 6 months into production.

I won’t say why, but just hold off until early next year.

Exactly my view too Adam.

That's all very well if you have a car but I don't have a car at the moment and not even one in my household, so that advise doesn't work. 

Then again it is based on the Yaris, shares a lot of the components, and which has been in production for around 15 months. The advice is rather late as the OP stated in the first post of this topic that the car was ordered 14th July.

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Then again it is based on the Yaris, shares a lot of the components, and which has been in production for around 15 months. The advice is rather late as the OP stated in the first post of this topic that the car was ordered 14th July.

Take it or leave it…..everyone has a choice. My personal opinion - which is what a forum is all about. No?

• Like 1

Ordered my Yaris Cross nearly 3 weeks ago.

Cannot wait for the notification to say it's being built....not that I expect it any time soon though😪

Ordered my Yaris Cross nearly 3 weeks ago.

Cannot wait for the notification to say it's being built....not that I expect it any time soon though😪

Friday last week got a callback saying it had been built and will be at a dealership 17-24th  September as I did not order from a dealership but is going to be delivered to one by Toyota then onto me will be a few days or so after that I'll get it.

3 hours ago, Auris TSpirit said:

Friday last week got a callback saying it had been built and will be at a dealership 17-24th  September as I did not order from a dealership but is going to be delivered to one by Toyota then onto me will be a few days or so after that I'll get it.

That's great. My estimated date is 31st December. So a late Chrissy present.

2 minutes ago, Thegeeza said:

That's great. My estimated date is 31st December. So a late Chrissy present.

What a nice Christmas Present for you to look forward to sadly it wont be wrapped in paper 😄

14 hours ago, Auris TSpirit said:

What a nice Christmas Present for you to look forward to sadly it wont be wrapped in paper 😄

🤣😂Probably not. Mind you for the amount of money for a small car you'd think the dealer might make an effort🤔

15 minutes ago, Yugguy1970 said:

It aint that small 🤣

You telling me it won't go down the chimney☹

• Haha 1

On 8/14/2021 at 3:19 PM, flash22 said:

I have only purchased one new car and had that 7 years, I test drove that 3 times and researched in no end, Ergonomics and accessibly of a car are a big issue for me

£25K plus is not small change and i like my cars to be an outright purchase, i suppose the gen4 yaris has got most of the issues sorted with the 4x4 powertrain being the only new system that is untested, to me the cross is a lot of money for a small car

Edit. For even more money, you could have a Lexus UX (poss the 2022 Lexus LBX)

I visited our local dealer today to assess the suitability regarding access for my wife who has Parkinson's. And I did want to like it.

Big disappointment. The cill has a very sharp line which catches the back of your calf. This was reminiscent of my Yeti where the doors are set within the door frames unlike the RAV4 which wraps over the cill and is unobtrusive on entry and exit. This design is a cheaper way of providing enough torsional rigidity but at the expense of comfort for someone like myself and my wife.

I had thought the Yeti was as a result of its (by now) very old design. But it was noticeable in the new Honda Jazz Crossstar as well but not as sharp as the design of the cill in the Yaris Cross.

Nature's way of saying stick with the RAV4 I suppose 😀.

55 minutes ago, Lawnmowerman said:

Nature's way of saying stick with the RAV4 I suppose 😀.

see what the Corolla Cross brings when it gets here ...

I will say the ergonomics of the new Yaris is noticeably worse than the older models; The Mk1 and Mk2 especially were soo easy to get in and out of - You could just step in and out of them, but with the Mk4 the front seats are kinda awkward by comparison and you have to sort of fall into them. The rear doors really don't open wide enough too - I reckon I'm going to accidentally break the door strap one day because I keep opening it thinking it'll open more only for it to suddenly stop.

I've also noticed people are always going for the grab handles when they get in and out of the car - Something they've never had to do in any of my previous cars!

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly had some bad news chasing up my order:

"Toyota system and is now showing as October build and due to dealer  15th of November, the delays relate to the international shortage of microchips in the car industry" thought mine would not be as affected but it seems so :(

• Sad 1

That's not good news and will probably mean mine will be ages.

31 days in processing so far....not that I'm counting 😂🤣

Strange thig tbough, an article in What Car dated 2nd September,  in which they contact all manufacureres got this quote from Toyota...

Toyota / Lexus

We were told there was a temporary suspension of production of the Aygo in August, but this has now restarted, and that no other European plants have been affected.

mine was ordered 8 weeks before yours, told I was lucky as most of the other orders they had were pushed to January and if you ordered now would be February 2022  😞

Sort of makes sense. You ordered 8 weeks before me and your date in November is nearly 7 weeks before mine....

Fingers crossed🤞

Yeah me too as what else could I order as whatever I did I would be no better off as other manufacturers would have the chip shortage issue and I like the Toyota brand, looked at the Corolla but as my dad is in his 80's a lower car like the corolla would be very hard for him to get into and out of so think the Yaris Cross is the best option, Rav4 is too far off my price range but no doubt would be still in the same boat delivery time wise.

Well not being wise to the chip shortage and with the dealer saying lead times for the car were ok I totally specced up the car with....well, everything😂🤣

Guess that means lots and lots of chips🤦‍♂️

same here I went mad as well 😄 wanted only the best for myself to enjoy 🙂 in the Excel Spec anyway.