Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

And isn’t Japan still struggling with covid, that means some people will be off work.

12 hours ago, Perranlady said:

Sadly had a phonecall from the Dealer today - delivery now expected to be April rather than March. Ordered 24th September - he said they told him they are slowly starting to catch up Hmm !

Ordered mine 15th August. I got an email 22nd December saying my car status has changed to processing and the MyT app updated to show the map however it's now 7 weeks and it's still not gone into build🤷‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Thegeeza said:

Ordered mine 15th August. I got an email 22nd December saying my car status has changed to processing and the MyT app updated to show the map however it's now 7 weeks and it's still not gone into build🤷‍♂️

That's a surprising delay, but you can get, what I call, the "no later than dates" by delving into the data that is behind the "processing" message. IIRC, the information on how to do that is in this topic.

Just now, Stopeter44 said:

That's a surprising delay, but you can get the, what I call, the "no later than dates" by delving into the data that is behind the "processing" message. IIRC, the information on how to da that is in this topic.

I've been doing that weekly since it was posted🤦‍♂️

Once the map appeared the eta to dealer showed 16th March. This has now changed to 11th March. No date for build though.

I assume to meet the 11th March date it would need to be built fairly soon🤞

If you go status diving you should be able to get some estimated delivery dates for each step.

Here's mine:

2041384488_Orderstatus.thumb.jpg.d84feab28d3d15ac27171c799342a10a.jpg

1 minute ago, Thegeeza said:

I've been doing that weekly since it was posted🤦‍♂️

Once the map appeared the eta to dealer showed 16th March. This has now changed to 11th March. No date for build though.

I assume to meet the 11th March date it would need to be built fairly soon🤞

Once it's gone into build the rest follows pretty quickly, if they've pulled in the eta at the dealer's to 11/03, then it should go into build very quickly, because it will take 2-3 weeks I would think to leave the factory and be delivered to the dealer. That's how it worked out with my Yaris build.

4 minutes ago, Stopeter44 said:

Once it's gone into build the rest follows pretty quickly, if they've pulled in the eta at the dealer's to 11/03, then it should go into build very quickly, because it will take 2-3 weeks I would think to leave the factory and be delivered to the dealer. That's how it worked out with my Yaris build.

Checking through all the forums it seems to be about 25 days...ish between build and delivery to dealer. Based on that mine would need to go to build by next Monday at the latest......I won't hold my breath😞

26 minutes ago, Thegeeza said:

Based on that mine would need to go to build by next Monday at the latest......I won't hold my breath😞

My Yaris went into build 28/11/2021 and was delivered 22/12/2021. It had the extra logistics step of Kolin to Valenciennes, but your's has a sea crossing and a passage via Burnston, AFIAK.

From my query elsewhere, it seems the City Pack for the Yaris Cross means the Smart Connectivity Satnav etc is downgraded to the older Touch 2 system. 

I cancelled my order for City Pack as we value the newer Smart Connectivy more.  I spoke with the salesman and he had not been aware of the change to Touch 2.

6 hours ago, forkingabout said:

If you go status diving you should be able to get some estimated delivery dates for each step.

Here's mine:

Yep, been doing that since my app update.

It's a little annoying it doesn't give an estimated build start date. Still it does keeps you guessing I suppose😂🤣

You look at the leave factory date then get the family to put bets the build start date. Winner takes all.....and I get to keep it if everyone's wrong😏

Could be enough for a pint at the pub😂🤣 

7 hours ago, forkingabout said:

Here's mine:

1 hour ago, Thegeeza said:

Yep, been doing that since my app update.

It's a little annoying it doesn't give an estimated build start date. Still it does keeps you guessing I suppose😂🤣

You look at the leave factory date then get the family to put bets the build start date. Winner takes all.....and I get to keep it if everyone's wrong😏

Could be enough for a pint at the pub😂🤣 

Sorry to be such a prat but all I can find on my Toyota page is the processing order bit with photo - how do I go Status diving ?

49 minutes ago, Perranlady said:

Sorry to be such a prat but all I can find on my Toyota page is the processing order bit with photo - how do I go Status diving ?

You need to look at what is hiding behind the page. There is a detailed description further back in this thread but basically when you are logged in to MyToyota on a pc, go to your order and right click on the page in the little box click on inspect or inspect element depends on browser, I found Chrome easier to navigate. A box should open with some headers at the top, select network, once that is open hit ctrl R this will refresh the page and bring up a list of everything that makes up the page. Scroll down the list until you see something with your order number in it, in my case there were 2 lines, click on that and it will give the status detail regarding your order. 

1 hour ago, Perranlady said:

The details are on page 6 in this thread.

Be aware that unless you've received the processing email and the app has updated to show the map there will be no dates in the status dive. Everything will just show "null"

5 hours ago, Roy124 said:

From my query elsewhere, it seems the City Pack for the Yaris Cross means the Smart Connectivity Satnav etc is downgraded to the older Touch 2 system. 

I cancelled my order for City Pack as we value the newer Smart Connectivy more.  I spoke with the salesman and he had not been aware of the change to Touch 2.

If you go here - https://mag.toyota.co.uk/what-is-toyota-smart-connect/ it gives you info about the Smart Connect.

17 minutes ago, Sidrat said:

If you go here - https://mag.toyota.co.uk/what-is-toyota-smart-connect/ it gives you info about the Smart Connect.

Yes, I found another site too, but when I looked at the Spec sheets from the dealer it all became clear. The problem is that there are 5 versions of the one car and the comparisons and specs don't mean a thing to the non expert buyer.  When I get onto my car I don't have a tape measure to check screen size or a label that tells me I have a Touch whatever. Touch 2 means nothing. 

Seeing Smart Connect and having it demonstrated convinced me it was good but I did not know it was not Touch 2.  We thought the low cost of the City Pack only £100 was because it was largely a software change, clearly not as it replaced some already expensive hardware. 

16 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Yes, I found another site too, but when I looked at the Spec sheets from the dealer it all became clear. The problem is that there are 5 versions of the one car and the comparisons and specs don't mean a thing to the non expert buyer.  When I get onto my car I don't have a tape measure to check screen size or a label that tells me I have a Touch whatever. Touch 2 means nothing. 

Seeing Smart Connect and having it demonstrated convinced me it was good but I did not know it was not Touch 2.  We thought the low cost of the City Pack only £100 was because it was largely a software change, clearly not as it replaced some already expensive hardware. 

Personally I've gone with the city pack on my car but I do find it strange that they bring out the "smart" connect, boast about its advantages and then don't make it compatable with 360° cameras and park assist. Actually it really isn't so smart then🤦‍♂️. It's sort of two steps forward one step back🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Thegeeza said:

Personally I've gone with the city pack on my car but I do find it strange that they bring out the "smart" connect, boast about its advantages and then don't make it compatable with 360° cameras and park assist. Actually it really isn't so smart then🤦‍♂️. It's sort of two steps forward one step back🤷‍♂️

come on where on earth is your car geeze is it made out of gold ?

As they were adamant in October last year that you could not have a space saver. In November you could. 

By May who knows what will happen.  My order states MY21 but I guess that may change too. 

3 hours ago, Toyota_FanBoy said:

come on where on earth is your car geeze is it made out of gold ?

I did pick Brass Gold for the colour, didnt realise it contained real gold😂

The good news is, according to the background data in MyT, it's supposed to leave the factory for Zeebrugge on 17th Feb.

The bad news is that it actually doesn't exist yet as it hasn't been built yet. I suppose there's still 8 days to get it built🙄

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Thegeeza said:

is that it actually doesn't exist yet as it hasn't been built yet. I suppose there's still 8 days to get it built🙄

IRC, tin plate to new car was 24 hours.  Keep the faith. 

17 hours ago, Roy124 said:

IRC, tin plate to new car was 24 hours.  Keep the faith. 

It's been 6 months and I've had 5 date changes. The cars still not built. To be honest "faith" is wearing a little thin at the moment🤷‍♂️

10 minutes ago, Thegeeza said:

It's been 6 months and I've had 5 date changes. The cars still not built. To be honest "faith" is wearing a little thin at the moment🤷‍♂️

Just like the paint colour you went for 😄

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Toyota_FanBoy said:

Just like the paint colour you went for 😄

Well thin paint would be better than what I have now which is no paint😢, no car😭

It was originally due around Christmas and I thought "That will be a nice Christmas pressy"

Now I'm thinking will the car come in a giant chocolate egg😂🤣. Easter is getting close after all🤔

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Thegeeza said:

Well thin paint would be better than what I have now which is no paint😢, no car😭

It was originally due around Christmas and I thought "That will be a nice Christmas pressy"

Now I'm thinking will the car come in a giant chocolate egg😂🤣. Easter is getting close after all🤔

Nah doubt you'll get it by easter at this rate

On 2/8/2022 at 6:26 PM, Thegeeza said:

Be aware that unless you've received the processing email and the app has updated to show the map there will be no dates in the status dive. Everything will just show "null"

On 2/8/2022 at 6:26 PM, Thegeeza said:

Sadly all I get is null - Can't find a "Processing" email at all - can find my order number etc

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links