Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Cyker said:

What is it you don't like about the GR Sport? Could you change to e.g. an Excel or something more appropriate instead, or are they forcing you to change to a GR Sport or nothing?

I must admit I really don't like this trend of the cost and spec being unilaterally changed AFTER you order it. Like, what's the point of choosing colour and spec etc. if they're going to change it later?? May as well have chosen one of the cheaper pre-build specs they usually advertise!

In fact they may as well have a preset block of cars that will actually be made and just have you pick one of them, instead of wasting your time pouring over a custom build then changing it later...

 

Ack that's quite the dilemma... I think the diameters are different too so you wouldn't be transferable even if the rims were the same size :sad: 

I suppose you could get some cheap or part-worn ones to tide you over, but could that be worse??

(My dad got some cheap tyres for his Verso recently from some dodgy garage... I'm all for saving money but not at the expense of safety. They didn't even remove the tyre sticker properly!!! :pinch:)

 

I’d go for new.   I’ll probably offer them up on here.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


10 hours ago, Cyker said:

What is it you don't like about the GR Sport? Could you change to e.g. an Excel or something more appropriate instead, or are they forcing you to change to a GR Sport or nothing?

I must admit I really don't like this trend of the cost and spec being unilaterally changed AFTER you order it. Like, what's the point of choosing colour and spec etc. if they're going to change it later?? May as well have chosen one of the cheaper pre-build specs they usually advertise!

In fact they may as well have a preset block of cars that will actually be made and just have you pick one of them, instead of wasting your time pouring over a custom build then changing it later...

 

Ack that's quite the dilemma... I think the diameters are different too so you wouldn't be transferable even if the rims were the same size :sad: 

I suppose you could get some cheap or part-worn ones to tide you over, but could that be worse??

(My dad got some cheap tyres for his Verso recently from some dodgy garage... I'm all for saving money but not at the expense of safety. They didn't even remove the tyre sticker properly!!! :pinch:)

 

Hi Cyker they have said i can change to the excel still speaking with them about my options.  Just annoyed i don't like the branding on the GR and the grille front and back that's all.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi everyone, just want to say I picked up my Mazda Yaris today. Lets put the Mazda bit to one side.

The Yaris is a fab car. We've come from a C-HR to this. Its quiet under acceleration, seats are fab and considering its size, it has all the tech we could ever need. Oh, one thing and I know some may never have this in theirs now, the HUD is the first we have ever had and it is amazing.

So the Yaris; I can see why those who have one enthuse about it, for those who haven't yet, hang on in there, you won't be disappointed 😍

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites


12 hours ago, Llynyfan said:

Hi everyone, just want to say I picked up my Mazda Yaris today. Lets put the Mazda bit to one side.

The Yaris is a fab car. We've come from a CHR to this. Its quiet under acceleration, seats are fab and considering its size, it has all the tech we could ever need. Oh, one thing and I know some may never have this in theirs now, the HUD is the first we have ever had and it is amazing.

So the Yaris; I can see why those who have one enthuse about it, for those who haven't yet, hang on in there, you won't be disappointed 😍

Fab, enjoy your new car. I will get the excel next summer I guess with current wait time. Although I won't get the HUD and JBL Speakers, the car will not disappoint! 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, happy to find this forum to talk about the Yaris Cross!

I was lucky enough to order the Yaris Cross Dynamic AWD-i (the very very last batch) with panroof on 26 Aug. The lead time is 6 month and est 28 Feb 2023.

What surprised me is the message of "build in progress" has been shown on 23 Sep!! WOW! I was thinking is that for real? less than a month to produce my car? I still doubt the Toyota would cancel this special order.  Now the car is sitting at the Zeebrugge, Belgium for like 1 week. Anyone know what is the next step?  I have refreshed the My T app like every 5 min since then.

Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 12.41.26 am.png

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, JOHNLEE said:

Hi, happy to find this forum to talk about the Yaris Cross!

I was lucky enough to order the Yaris Cross Dynamic AWD-i (the very very last batch) with panroof on 26 Aug. The lead time is 6 month and est 28 Feb 2023.

What surprised me is the message of "build in progress" has been shown on 23 Sep!! WOW! I was thinking is that for real? less than a month to produce my car? I still doubt the Toyota would cancel this special order.  Now the car is sitting at the Zeebrugge, BELGIUM for like 1 week. Anyone know what is the next step?  I have refreshed the My T app like every 5 min since then.

Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 12.41.26 am.png

Hi you couldn’t order a Dynamic on August 26th as it was removed from sale before then so it must have been a cancelled order! Yes very lucky indeed! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If it was a cancelled order, it would be in another buyer’s name and hence couldn’t be tracked on his MyT. At least that’s what the dealer told me when I took over a “cancelled order”. As a result, I’ve been in the dark about progress. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/4/2022 at 10:51 AM, raymondolee said:

Hi you couldn’t order a Dynamic on August 26th as it was removed from sale before then so it must have been a cancelled order! Yes very lucky indeed!

Well, I dont know whether it is a cancelled order or not. The dealer told us only the AWD version for Dynamic is available. We can also choose the color and interior. As I really love the 2tone gold, so we place the order quickly. He also helped us synchronize  the toyota software and app. My T app sent usa msg that they have processed the order day after purchase! Very happy and lucky indeed.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/5/2022 at 10:31 AM, Baytree said:

If it was a cancelled order, it would be in another buyer’s name and hence couldn’t be tracked on his MyT. At least that’s what the dealer told me when I took over a “cancelled order”. As a result, I’ve been in the dark about progress. 

Yeah that makes a lot of sense but what doesn’t make sense is the day he ordered as dynamic was taken off the market in June as you may be aware.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well I had the call I have been dreading that some others on here have had. The Yaris dynamic in brass gold I ordered in May won’t be going ahead and has been cancelled.
 

I’ve agreed to swap to the GRsport and my order number remains the same so will have to wait again now!

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, raymondolee said:

 Yaris dynamic in brass gold I ordered in May won’t be going ahead

Was this some kind of marginal, best efforts order or a standard spec that was ordered at the time?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


40 minutes ago, Baytree said:

Was this some kind of marginal, best efforts order or a standard spec that was ordered at the time?

Nope, Full order placed in may when the brass gold Dynamic, was available to order in dealers and online! Order was processed and was in the pipeline. It’s happened to a few people over the last few weeks! They don’t have certain parts for dynamics to complete the orders, so those affected are being offered a swap to GR sport. They did exactly the same thing to some who ordered premiere edition when they were oversold. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, raymondolee said:

They don’t have certain parts for dynamics to complete the orders

Excels may go the same way then since they have the same tech pack plus some sensors and other bits. Then again the GR Sport has the 9" tech pack too.

Was it the JBL, as that seems to have fallen off the October price list?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I sat in a Yaris Cross today  cos the daughter may be thinking of replacing her 175,000/10 year old 1.4 diesel Yaris and she would intend to stay with the Toyota brand, anyway, for my short legged/long backed stature/build/physique it seemed to be a lovely ergonomic head-roomy place to sit.

Even while wearing the Akurba hat!

Marcus,theHat

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ordered a Yaris Cross Excel in Decuma Grey with City Pack back on 22nd March. It left the factory on 4th Oct according to My Toyota; no further updates there, however the dealer since told me it was at sea on the 10th. Due to arrive 2nd week of November apparently.

I did try and get a better PX price for my existing car as it has gone up in value by £2-3k since March but they won't budge so I'll just sell that separately.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Calcium, we ordered ours 7 weeks before yours and got it 6 weeks ago.  Same with our PX.  Motorway suggested £21k.  They would not budge from £19k.  They are listing it on their forecourt at £23.5k.

Next time I think they can kiss goodbye to a £4.5k markup. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I ordered a Yaris Cross GR Sport in Ash Grey on the 29th of September, and was surprised when they said I should have it in December. I didn't go for any options at all, whereas if I'd gone for a Design, in Silver with black wheels, it was going to be next April. There wasn't a huge difference in price after adding those options, and the GR Sport has a few other nice features as standard.

I'm not a fan of machine finished wheels though, as they usually look terrible after a couple of years. There are no wheel options on the Sport trim unfortunately. Would rather have painted black ones (anybody want some 18" GR Sport wheels in December??!)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you do get the car in December then that lead time is on a par with pre pandemic level. I would be cautious. 

My normal Yaris excel with no extra is estimated at 4.5 months, I think it's going to take a lot longer, like 9 months from what others are saying with their lead time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, the dealer was as surprised as me. Be nice if it happens, but I'm prepared for delays. 

My wife's Yaris Design took 4 months. Was 4 months initially, then delayed til August, but suddenly appeared in eary June. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share






×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership