Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

Not cheap but ticks all the boxes and delivered early to boot - happy early Xmas present!

22 hours ago, RonYarisX said:

Damaged 😲     What ever makes you think the battery would be damaged?

Self-discharge below minimum SOC. Standard Battery management - applies to all Battery chemistries. If you don't believe me, park your hybrid in an airport and fly away for a long winter holiday in Spain.

Toyota themselves suggest running the car engine once a week if it's not being used.

https://mag.toyota.co.uk/coronavirus-toyota-hybrid-car-maintenance/

On 7/30/2021 at 12:32 PM, Toyota_FanBoy said:

Hi Guys,

July14th Ordered my Yaris Cross Excel without seeing one, interested to see the delivery times of it as I know the Dealerships Demo was delayed till 23rd August so wonder what lead times on customer orders

Hi @Toyota_FanBoy, as honourable OP of this thread, which has several of us checking more often than is healthy, do you have you any insights to share about your Yaris Cross Excel after several months of ownership?

5 hours ago, RonYarisX said:

Would that be the same battery that Toyota give a 15 year guarantee on?

I thought they were talking about the 12v Battery - We suspect one of the reasons some people are having problems is due to cars that have been sat in a holding field waiting transport for too long without getting a maintenance charge, so it is a valid concern.

The 15 year Battery warranty (Really 5 years + a 1 year extension every time you service the car with Toyota, so not actually 15 years) only applies to the big traction Battery and not the 12v.

I've yet to hear of anyone leaving a hybrid for so long that the traction battery has drained; It's completely disconnected when the car is off, so the rate of discharge when the car is off is extremely low, much lower than the 12v battery, which still has to power a whole load of things when the car is off.

• Like 2

My Yaris Cross Excel is sitting at Hull docks. It is waiting to go to Derby according to MyT app. Why do they not transport them directly to my dealer ?

Thanks Raymond.

23 hours ago, Cyker said:

The 15 year battery warranty (Really 5 years + a 1 year extension every time you service the car with Toyota, so not actually 15 years) only applies to the big traction battery and not the 12v.

I've yet to hear of anyone leaving a hybrid for so long that the traction battery has drained; It's completely disconnected when the car is off, so the rate of discharge when the car is off is extremely low, much lower than the 12v battery, which still has to power a whole load of things when the car is off

Agree with the 2nd point but don't follow your logic on the first.

We've just come thru a world pandemic where millions of hybrids all over the world will have been left unused. For anyone to suggest the batteries on these cars are somehow damaged?  I get the science but then again I could state for fact that leaving the car for just one day outside will damage the paintwork ( UV rays ). Unfortunately science can't tell me by how much. I'd have thought using the term 'damaged' as poetic licence for scaremongering.

Warranty? I'd describe a warranty of 5yr +  1yr extension at best as splitting hairs, but in reality - nonsense.

Using that logic, every car sold in the UK only has a 1yr warranty because for a component to be covered, the car has to be either serviced or at a minimum checked annually.  So Kia's have a 1 yr + 6 year extension? Mercedes don't come with 30yr anti-corrosion warranty, they come with 1yr + 29 extensions? Nobody describes warranties like that.

And I say nonsense because where do you get the 5yr warranty come from? Presumably the car would also need to be serviced in years 11, 12, 13 and 14 for the warranty to remain intact so isn't it a 1yr + 14yr extension.

We're making hard work of something that's very simple.  🤣  🤣 🤣

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Raymond23 said:

My Yaris Cross Excel is sitting at Hull docks. It is waiting to go to Derby according to MyT app. Why do they not transport them directly to my dealer ?

Thanks Raymond.

The car is still in transit as far as you’re concerned.  They all get distributed from Derby and that’s the process.   If you didn’t have an app you’d be none the wiser.   I’ll monitor mine out of interest but as far as I’m concerned it doesn’t exist until I get a phone call from the dealer.  

UK Toyotas have a 3 year/60,000 mile warranty from first registration - up to June 2021 it was 5 years/100,000 miles.

Outside of that there is the Relax service generated warranty which will provide a warranty extension for 1 year/10,000 miles up to the time the car is 10 years old or has reached 100,000 miles, and the Hybrid Battery cover which is generated either by a Toyota service or Toyota Hybrid Health Check, which will provide a 1 year hybrid Battery warranty extension up to the time the car reaches 15 years of age. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for clarifying the warranty stuff again so I don't have to do it again frosty! :notworthy:

To further clarify for RonYarisX, the base 5 year Battery warranty is there full stop, whereas the +1 year REQUIRES you to have the HHC done at a Toyota dealer to get that extension, so it's totally different. If you didn't do that, and e.g. serviced at a third party, you'd only get 5 years, so you can't just say it has a 15 year warranty because it doesn't - The '15 years' has dependencies that the base 5 years does not.

It'd be like me saying my car has a 30 year warranty because I'd been buying a warranty with Warranty Direct or something for the past 30 years - Clearly that'd be very misleading!

As for the 12v damage thing, the logic is if the cars are sat for ages in storage without getting a maintenance charge, the 12v batteries will drain. It's well known that starter-type lead acid batteries are damaged by being drained past 50% and left at low states of charge for extended periods - It causes the lead plates to corrode and they loose capacity and the ability to deliver high current the longer they are in this state. Even deep-cycle lead acid batteries don't like being left at low states of charge for extended periods, although their capacity loss is slower than starter-type batteries.

This is why conventional wisdom is to keep lead-acid batteries fully charged as much as possible. NiMH and Li-ion are less susceptible to this, and in fact lithium cells seem to prefer being kept at half-charge for optimum life.

• Like 1

I had a missed call from my dealership today. Voicemail left was that he wanted to give me an update and said he would email or call later. Didn’t have time to return the call due to work commitments! I’m hoping good news, but knowing my luck it’ll be bad!

• Like 1

Picked up my GR Sport this afternoon! Ordered on 29th September..

Feels nice to drive, the seats are good and it's less noisy than I thought it would be with 18" wheels. I've not seen it in daylight yet - might try and post a pic tomorrow..

• Like 5

Your car looks really  good in white with the contrasting black roof sill and wheel arches.

• Like 1

Cool pics. Looks dramatic in black and white. By the way, I don't know if it's a MY23 thing or not but if your model includes roof rails, they are now black rather than silver.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baytree said:

Cool pics. Looks dramatic in black and white. By the way, I don't know if it's a MY23 thing or not but if your model includes roof rails, they are now black rather than silver.

Yeah, and now has silver calipers - original pics of them had red ones I'm sure? 

Door looks a different colour for some reason, but they definitely all match. 

• Like 1

I'm still being told by dealer that my YC Excel is due to be delivered to dealership end Dec 22, even though My T app shows 'order processing' and nothing further than that.  I guess the dealers systems would ultimately be more accurate...hope so anyway.  If thats the case - only 1 month to go! 😀

• Like 1

On 11/25/2022 at 2:51 PM, Crieffy said:

Out with the old... 

IMG_20221125_123357.thumb.jpg.b7b909494bdcbf221563cb3faf8afdbd.jpg

In with the new.. 

IMG_20221125_122942.thumb.jpg.8700b8380cab0c6692f2de88c34146b0.jpg

nice! ours is the same paint combo but with the black/gray rims.. looking good!

• Like 1

Took ownership of my Excel in platinum white, plus pan roof, a week ago - a month early if that gives anyone hope.  Not had the best experience with the dealers, and still waiting for the cash for the sale of my Yaris Mk 4, but loving the new girl 😊

50E353A7-5B77-475E-957A-BBF5A70CDF22.jpeg

642F7312-527D-46A1-A7C4-8D02508D31DA.jpeg

F9C0725E-18F0-4638-8235-A138D5CF86C1.jpeg

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Amanda76 said:

Took ownership of my Excel in platinum white, plus pan roof, a week ago - a month early if that gives anyone hope.  Not had the best experience with the dealers, and still waiting for the cash for the sale of my Yaris Mk 4, but loving the new girl 😊

50E353A7-5B77-475E-957A-BBF5A70CDF22.jpeg

642F7312-527D-46A1-A7C4-8D02508D31DA.jpeg

F9C0725E-18F0-4638-8235-A138D5CF86C1.jpeg

Virtually identical to what I’ve got ordered.  Have you got the city pack?

edit - I can see you haven’t zooming in 👍

• Like 1

On 11/28/2022 at 6:02 PM, Amanda76 said:

loving the new girl 😊

Very sharp lines in black and white! Note the parking sensors on the front wheel arches on earlier models are gone and the roof rails are black instead of grey, which goes with the black elsewhere. 

Just love the tap and unlock/double tap and lock handles.

Interesting, your mats are different to ours. You got those under a Protection Pack?

1 hour ago, Baytree said:

Interesting, your mats are different to ours. You got those under a Protection Pack?

From the Adventure Pack - rubber floor mats and mudflaps 😊

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links