Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

On 11/22/2022 at 2:18 PM, Baytree said:

Hi @Toyota_FanBoy, as honourable OP of this thread, which has several of us checking more often than is healthy, do you have you any insights to share about your Yaris Cross Excel after several months of ownership?

Had mine since february app 6k miles in, crackin motor does everything i wanted it to do, and does it well. Probably the most anmoying thing is having to take the rear seat head rests off to fold them down, and thats it for gripes

• Like 3

Oh haven’t had to do that yet.  There’s another thing about headrests, the front ones are a bit imposing to sit behind, too. But what a difference the Cross is from the old mk3 Yaris hybrid that made way for it. 

• Like 1

That's one thing I miss from the Mk2 - The headrests in that push down below the window line so didn't obstruct the rear view, and also allowed the seats to fold flat, but the Mk4 has gone back to the giant rear headrests that you have to remove to fold the seats down...

I'm told the Mk4's head-rests are far nicer than the Mk2's by my rear passengers tho'. But who cares about those freeloaders! :tongue:  :laugh: 

My dealer confirmed to me that my car got the VIN number and it will take another 2-3 weeks until delivered. And based on my car specification, the car is manufactured in the Czech Republic, Kolin.

10 hours ago, RobertR said:

My dealer confirmed to me that my car got the VIN number and it will take another 2-3 weeks until delivered. And based on my car specification, the car is manufactured in the Czech Republic, Kolin.

A Cross made in CZ, I doubt it.  What makes you think that?

You make a good point anchorman.  I’ve always been under the impression that the Yaris Cross is manufactured in France.

1 hour ago, anchorman said:

A Cross made in CZ, I doubt it.  What makes you think that?

30 minutes ago, Jimota said:

You make a good point anchorman.  I’ve always been under the impression that the Yaris Cross is manufactured in France.

Since Stellantis pulled out of C1/108 Production alongside Aygo the now wholly Toyota owned factory in Kolin CZ produces both Aygo & Yaris X (will also add Yaris when supply issues are resolved) Toyota France still produces both Yaris & Yaris X.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Since Stellantis pulled out of C1/108 Production alongside Aygo the now wholly Toyota owned factory in Kolin CZ produces both Aygo & Yaris X (will also add Yaris when supply issues are resolved) Toyota France still produces both Yaris & Yaris X.

Is it the same floorpan or are they shipping them back and too.  

Promised myself that I wouldn’t check the MyT app again  and would wait until my dealer contacted me by phone or email with the latest delivery update.  Several members have questioned the accuracy and reliability of the MyT app and that’s why I refrained from carrying out daily checks.  However, my nose got the better of me this afternoon and was forced into having a little peek into the Toyota site.  Latest update is “In transit Derbyshire, United Kingdom”.  What does that mean?  Is my car in transit from Grimsby to Derby or has the PDI been carried out and is now en route from Derby to my dealer.  Anyway, at least there is now some progress and I might get my car by the 16 December which is the date promised by my dealer.

• Like 1

Things are starting to happen here too!!  

My YX has left the French factory and is on its way across the English Channel Ocean.  

From here, according to the little map on the app, it does a lap around the North and Midlands, before arriving at my dealership in East Sussex on the South Coast!  

Delivery supposed to be end Dec, and that looks like being pretty accurate, fingers crossed.  😀

22 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Hi there. The Cz plant produces Aygo X and Yaris, but not Yaris X.

15 minutes ago, Uncle Floyd said:

Hi there. The Cz plant produces Aygo X and Yaris, but not Yaris X.

Bear in mind that Devon Aygo works for a Toyota dealer ......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can’t quite work this one out!  According to the main Toyota web site my car is in transit at Derby.  On the MyT app via my i-pad it shows that the car is still in Grimsby.  Here’s the strange bit - the MyT app on my i-phone also shows that the car is in Derby.  As both my phone and I-pad have always been synced together, I find it very strange that they are producing conflicting information.  I’m not complaining but thought I would share my observations with you.  Maybe it’s time to get a new I-pad or change over to an android product.

• Haha 1

Yep, I've seen this - the MyT app (on my droid phone) sometimes conflicts with the tracking info on the web site: generally the app seems to lag. Why???? Surely they get data from the same source? Oh well.....

• Like 1

My car has shown as in Zeebrugge for the last 2 weeks online & on the MyT app. Not looking good for the mid December delivery the dealer promised 6 weeks ago.

20 hours ago, wellsmark99 said:

My car has shown as in Zeebrugge for the last 2 weeks online & on the MyT app. Not looking good for the mid December delivery the dealer promised 6 weeks ago.

I understand this is the cross topic, but please see my recent post on the Yaris (not cross) delivery topic, on page 47. My Yaris was also due a few weeks ago originally. I'm supposed to be collecting this week. I'm awaiting phone call from dealership. Still shows in Zeebrugge when it actually isn't. Yours may still be there but could already be in the UK.

Thanks will take a look.

Had it confirmed by dealer today car won't be ready for collection until the new year.

On 12/3/2022 at 9:34 PM, RonYarisX said:

And if anyone wants to see what a UK spec GR looks like in silver...

Yaris Cross GR Silver

Looks good especially from the front 👍

• Like 1

I think the Yaris Cross looks good in any colour but the silver paintwork is a lit bit special.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links