Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

4 hours ago, Marjan said:

This is even worse than my situation 

If i can ask you,from what country you are Filip?

Macedonia 🙂 Seems we have same channel for delivery. I ordered Elegant and hope by mid of February car will arrive. 

• Like 2

Just Tweeted Toyota GB to confirm the Updated mid-February Delivery Date that they gave my Dealer.

Received a Stock reply about fulfilment.

Poor.

Tel

They simply don't respond with anything useful on Twitter on FB channels. You have to raise a query via the website 'contact us'.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pauly69 said:

They simply don't respond with anything useful on Twitter on FB channels. You have to raise a query via the website 'contact us'.

Exactly what I did and you get a copy and paste reply along the lines it’s a popular car and it’s a 6 month wait. My reply back was it’s already been 9 months! No reply to that though

• Like 1

On 1/10/2023 at 11:02 AM, MartinSG said:

Just had video of my new Yaris Cross sent to me by my dealership, arrived this morning still in its transport protection, but gave me a quick tour of it, they hope to get it to me by weekend. Waiting on Reg Nos to be sent across so I can choose one, as well as finance forms, after 6 months of waiting finally go to see it here at last. 

Dealership sorted Reg Nos and finance remotely, car has had its pre-delivery checks and now appears fully in MyT app, picking it up tomorrow around midday, I have to say this is excellent service of behalf of dealership, arrived Tuesday handing over Friday. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, MartinSG said:

Dealership sorted Reg Nos and finance remotely, car has had its pre-delivery checks and now appears fully in MyT app, picking it up tomorrow around midday, I have to say this is excellent service of behalf of dealership, arrived Tuesday handing over Friday. 

Picked it up at 1pm, pulling away first time was weird, no sound, well except my wife telling me not to move my left leg. Could take time to get used to controls, some many options especially with city pack. I put the car in the garage this evening and the PCS brought me to a halt before I got car completely in, I know that works, To get car completely in need to get it about a foot from rear wall, YC slightly longer than my old Captur, might need to resort to old dangling tennis ball trick.

• Like 7

If you do it reallllyyy slowly it will let you; It's only if you're going fast enough it thinks you're going to crash, but the closer you want to get the slower you have to go until you hit the hard distance limit, then it won't let you go any further.

Over xmas we were trying to cram 4 cars onto a driveway and I managed to get my Mk4 half an inch to the car behind before it refused to go closer :laugh: 

Was not pleasant tho' with the sensors screaming at me, proximity display flashing angry red bars at me and the AEB making that KRRRRRK ratchety grindy sound as it engaged and jerked the whole car to a stop!

• Like 5

My Cross has left the Factory& is currently in Belgium.

Clearly a cancelled Order.

Excited

Tel

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tel 2 said:

My Cross has left the Factory& is currently in Belgium.

Clearly a cancelled Order.

Excited

Tel

Mine sat in Zeebrugge for about 2 days waiting for the ship.  It didn’t go on the first but it did on the second and you can follow it on any of the tracking sites.  It’s Sea Cruiser 2.  It’s current in Grimsby so you might be lucky if there isn’t a huge queue.  

https://www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=9196319

• Like 1

I'm signing out of this thread after collecting our car yesterday. Ordered 13 August, left factory 15 November, arrived at dealer before Christmas, available for collection from 4 January but we couldn't collect until today.

My only disappointments about the delivery process are that Toyota refused to allow registration in January '23 - they insisted the dealer register it on 29 December '22 - and I don't have any confidence that the 12v AGM accessory Battery had retained its charge since manufacture and is undamaged - any comments on that should probably go on the Battery thread!

Thanks to all who responded to my questions in this thread.

• Like 1

I ordered the Yaris Cross on Thursday, as, much as I like the Corolla saloon, the Yaris Cross will be much more convenient for me and my aching joints! 😀 My dealer reckons delivery will be mid April. I have ordered the 'Sol' trim, which is the highest front wheel drive spec' available in Ireland, but I do not know exactly how that compares to a UK spec' vehicle.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MCatPG said:

I'm signing out of this thread after collecting our car yesterday. Ordered 13 August, left factory 15 November, arrived at dealer before Christmas, available for collection from 4 January but we couldn't collect until today.

My only disappointments about the delivery process are that Toyota refused to allow registration in January '23 - they insisted the dealer register it on 29 December '22 - and I don't have any confidence that the 12v AGM accessory battery had retained its charge since manufacture and is undamaged - any comments on that should probably go on the battery thread!

Thanks to all who responded to my questions in this thread.

Aye, don’t get me started on that subject.   Despicable underhanded tactics.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MCatPG said:

...and I don't have any confidence that the 12v AGM accessory battery had retained its charge since manufacture and is undamaged.

You also don't have any evidence. 

Hope you enjoy your car.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MCatPG said:

Toyota refused to allow registration in January '23 - they insisted the dealer register it on 29 December '22

Yep, tallies exactly with what my salesperson told me, "all cars delivered to the dealership in December must be registered by end-Dec"

• Like 3

Yeah, just use it for what it's designed for - To get you from A to B - and it should be fine. Most of the people that are having the problems are those that hardly use it or only use it very briefly.

I haven't had any issues with mine when I've not used it during holidays, but I took it for a hoon as soon as I took ownership of it to get a feel for it, and use it regularly. Compare with people who got it, then didn't use it for 2 weeks and then only for 5 minute runs.

A few people have had genuinely dodgy batteries, or software problems with the car which caused the Battery to drain, but those have been the exception rather than the rule.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RobertR said:

Finally, have mine. 11 months after order at dealer.

Screenshot_2023-01-15-18-34-05-871_com.miui.gallery.jpg

That’s got to be one of the last Dynamics 👍

1 hour ago, RobertR said:

Finally, have mine. 11 months after order at dealer.

Screenshot_2023-01-15-18-34-05-871_com.miui.gallery.jpg

Nice enjoy! That’s what I ordered and then got cancelled lol 

My Order has not moved in 4 days since leaving the Factory.

Assume it is in a Rail Yard compiling UK- bound cars from all Euro Manufactures as that was certainly the case with our Aygo X last May.

Tel

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tel 2 said:

My Order has not moved in 4 days since leaving the Factory.

Assume it is in a Rail Yard compiling UK- bound cars from all Euro Manufactures as that was certainly the case with our Aygo X last May.

Tel

Cross comes from France not Czech.   They usually come by boat but they often stand a few days outside the factory waiting for a truck.  

My was made in czech republic. There is little production in Kolin.

• Like 1

Don

The Rail Yard I referred to is in France but I understand the current Euro delivery systems are shared by the Manufactures.

Tel

Summer tires out, all season from Conti in.

Few km later, only subjective opinion, this Conti are little harder than falken summers. But no additional road noise. They will be good, i have full confidence in them.

IMG_20230118_132116~2.jpg

• Like 4

12 hours ago, RobertR said:

Summer tires out, all season from Conti in.

Few km later, only subjective opinion, this Conti are little harder than falken summers. But no additional road noise. They will be good, i have full confidence in them.

IMG_20230118_132116~2.jpg

Snap!

7A2742CC-7A72-40E1-86DC-BD53930444E8.jpeg

7EABEF58-C792-45B4-A2FA-0506BEC3EB0D.jpeg

I was reluctant to start a separate thread to ask, @anchorman, ….. I imagine you’ve had quite a bit of snow up there In Derbyshire so, how is it ‘coping’ ?

Does AWD engage in reverse ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links