Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

I ordered excel with pan roof, essential pack, adventure pack on 9th September 2022, was told pick up end of April 2023, then changed to January 2023, now been told June 2023. I reckon it will be getting on for 12 months before I get it.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bibbers said:

I ordered excel with pan roof, essential pack, adventure pack on 9th September 2022, was told pick up end of April 2023, then changed to January 2023, now been told June 2023. I reckon it will be getting on for 12 months before I get it.

I ordered an Excel awd , pan roof, suv and city packs...on 23.10.22....just checked it's on the boat...after sitting in Zeebrugge for nearly 5 weeks.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, bibbers said:

That could be at Burnaston a while to fit some of those goodies.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, anchorman said:

That could be at Burnaston a while to fit some of those goodies.  

Yes....I agree....March delivery was my ETA....I'm fine with that.

• Like 1

The map has changed on app.....my car is going to Portbury instead of Grimsby...from Zeebrugge.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RonYarisX said:

They've found four scratches in the paintwork.

It could always be rejected under the 'cooling off period' 😉

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Bob66 said:

The map has changed on app.....my car is going to Portbury instead of Grimsby...from Zeebrugge.

Are all Toyotas shipped to Derby when arriving in the UK?

I ask that because suppose you buy a car from a dealer in Bristol. Surely they don't transport the car all the way up to Derby from Portbury then back to that dealer, 10 miles from the dockside in Bristol. That'd be an incredibly inefficient operation.

Some manufacturer's PDI their cars at the port of arrival then it's up to the dealership to arrange collection.

I ordered a new yaris cross in Aug 2022.  3rd Jan I was informed build in progress and 5th January informed it had left the factory and was in transit.  Its now the 23rd Jan and it is still showing as being at zebrugge port.  My dealership is saying there is probably port congestion.  Is anyone else having the same issue?  This is my 4th new toyota and I know there have been delays post covid, but its a little odd?

4 hours ago, RonYarisX said:

Are all Toyotas shipped to Derby when arriving in the UK?

I ask that because suppose you buy a car from a dealer in Bristol. Surely they don't transport the car all the way up to Derby from Portbury then back to that dealer, 10 miles from the dockside in Bristol. That'd be an incredibly inefficient operation.

Some manufacturer's PDI their cars at the port of arrival then it's up to the dealership to arrange collection.

Probably.  They’re not geared up for distribution from Portbury.  Could be wrong but wouldn’t be surprised. 

As Tim says I have tried too & failed, Chrome giving me the same info as normal on MyT.

Tel

Mine has now left Zeebrugge & I assume it is on its way to Grimsby.

My Dealer has been excellent & clearly has more information than MyT which has just displayed what I was told 2 days ago.

My car is forecast to be delivered to my Dealer c.15th. of February when a few choice accessories will be fitted.

The Twitter Team have been SO disappointing refusing to give me any help whatsoever even after the Car had been built. They were exceptionally communicative in the past & even in 2021 when my Lexus had been built.

Taken c. 8 weeks when I was told initially Summer 2023.

Clearly a cancelled Order.

Really Excited.

Tel

• Like 3

On 1/24/2023 at 7:51 AM, Tel 2 said:

Mine has now left Zeebrugge & I assume it is on its way to Grimsby.

My Dealer has been excellent & clearly has more information than MyT which has just displayed what I was told 2 days ago.

My car is forecast to be delivered to my Dealer c.15th. of February when a few choice accessories will be fitted.

The Twitter Team have been SO disappointing refusing to give me any help whatsoever even after the Car had been built. They were exceptionally communicative in the past & even in 2021 when my Lexus had been built.

Taken c. 8 weeks when I was told initially Summer 2023.

Clearly a cancelled Order.

Really Excited.

Tel

I think the Twitter team would be wise to stay out of it knowing the uncertainty.

I sent my 2022 NX back because it came minus some of the spec and the dealer offered me another car for an additional £4550 or a voucher for £400.  I thought that was a one off dirty trick but they’ve just registered my car in 2022 despite it not rolling off the transporter until the 3rd.  No more new cars for me.  I’m not playing Toyota’s games any more despite buying numerous new cars off them in the past.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, anchorman said:

I think the Twitter team would be wise to stay out of it knowing the uncertainty.

I sent my 2022 NX back because it came minus some of the spec and the dealer offered me another car for an additional £4550 or a voucher for £400.  I thought that was a one off dirty trick but they’ve just registered my car in 2022 despite it not rolling off the transporter until the 3rd.  No more new cars for me.  I’m not playing Toyota’s games any more despite buying numerous new cars off them in the past.  

That is so damn unacceptable, the disappointment and probably anger to go through this for you. I would be angry. 

My order will just be standard spec, no extras so I do not foresee this happening to me. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, anchorman said:

they’ve just registered my car in 2022 despite it not rolling off the transporter until the 3rd.

Registered it to who? When they inform the DVLA they have to say who the owner of the car is and who the registered keeper is.

Will tell you a wee story. Back in 2017, I bought a car which I was supposed to collect on 1st March on a 17plate. Around mid January the dealer called and said that if the car was registered in February he'd knock a few hundred off the price. I told them no, wasn't worth my while as I calculate a registration change is worth around £400 to me. Guessing that his offer was due to making a sales target, i.e. bonus, I said I'd accept it being registered in Feb but that I'd want a £600 discount. They agreed, so for £600 less I collected my car 24hr earlier than I'd anticipated.

So my question is what difference to you will a 2022 registered car make and if you are going to be at a financial loss, have you discussed this with your dealer?  Forgive my asking ( if I'm being nosey just say so ) but are you buying the car outright or is it a lease or PCP.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, RonYarisX said:

Registered it to who? When they inform the DVLA they have to say who the owner of the car is and who the registered keeper is.

Will tell you a wee story. Back in 2017, I bought a car which I was supposed to collect on 1st March on a 17plate. Around mid January the dealer called and said that if the car was registered in February he'd knock a few hundred off the price. I told them no, wasn't worth my while as I calculate a registration change is worth around £400 to me. Guessing that his offer was due to making a sales target, i.e. bonus, I said I'd accept it being registered in Feb but that I'd want a £600 discount. They agreed, so for £600 less I collected my car 24hr earlier than I'd anticipated.

So my question is what difference to you will a 2022 registered car make and if you are going to be at a financial loss, have you discussed this with your dealer?  Forgive my asking ( if I'm being nosey just say so ) but are you buying the car outright or is it a lease or PCP.

It shouldn’t make a lot but when you come to sell a car the have to drop it in “it’s a 72 registered in 22”.  The same for a potential private buyer “it’s a23 model registered in 22”.  It’s just a bartering tool.   The point is they registered it 22 when in reality is was a 23 (we know from somebody on here the Toyota had told the dealers to get them registered so the dealer was complicit in this charade.  They even backdated the service record.  There was no offer of a discount or a service or anything.  It won’t happen again.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, anchorman said:

It shouldn’t make a lot but when you come to sell a car the have to drop it in “it’s a 72 registered in 22”.  The same for a potential private buyer “it’s a23 model registered in 22”.  It’s just a bartering tool.   The point is they registered it 22 when in reality is was a 23 (we know from somebody on here the Toyota had told the dealers to get them registered so the dealer was complicit in this charade.  They even backdated the service record.  There was no offer of a discount or a service or anything.  It won’t happen again.  

I’m sorry to read about all this although not surprised. The more I read here, twitter and Facebook the more I’m glad I cancelled. 

20 hours ago, anchorman said:

This is why I was palying nosey burger 😄

If you're purchasing / owning the car then yes, it will defo make a difference. It's something I would be discussing with my dealer. If they have registered the car in your name and you pull out of the deal, they have a problem because they now have a used car to sell. I would be having a wee word with my dealer. If the car was registered within the week of collection then fair enough, but I'd be surprised if they haven't broken some law if say your car isn't available to collect until Feb or March and they've registered it in December. You were led tobelieve you were buying a new car after all, not one registered some months ago. I'd be quietly confident that if you have a friendly word with your dealer a goodwill gesture might be on the cards ( throwing in a free 1st service would be an easy solution ).

If the car is being bought on finance ( PCP say ) then it makes no difference as the GFV should be based on a 2022 car rather than a 2023. In anycase the owner would be the finance company so if anyone were to loose out it'd be them.

Hope you find a solution.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RonYarisX said:

This is why I was palying nosey burger 😄

If you're purchasing / owning the car then yes, it will defo make a difference. It's something I would be discussing with my dealer. If they have registered the car in your name and you pull out of the deal, they have a problem because they now have a used car to sell. I would be having a wee word with my dealer. If the car was registered within the week of collection then fair enough, but I'd be surprised if they haven't broken some law if say your car isn't available to collect until Feb or March and they've registered it in December. You were led tobelieve you were buying a new car after all, not one registered some months ago. I'd be quietly confident that if you have a friendly word with your dealer a goodwill gesture might be on the cards ( throwing in a free 1st service would be an easy solution ).

If the car is being bought on finance ( PCP say ) then it makes no difference as the GFV should be based on a 2022 car rather than a 2023. In anycase the owner would be the finance company so if anyone were to loose out it'd be them.

Hope you find a solution.

There’s more to the story Ron but that’s as far as I’m prepared to go on a forum 😉

• Confused 1

Lol, after reading the stories about negative experiences and waiting times I definitely will say again and agree with all it is not a good time to buy a car right now. I believe the new cars sales will stall and sink to the rock bottom in the next one to two years. This will change the prices, the deals and availability.  Therefore anyone who is looking to upgrade just hold on unless in real urgent need and there will be better offers in the future. 
Used car prices also needs to go back to pre pandemic levels. New Corolla hatchback icon model was close to £20k with discount through car wow back in 2019 now is £30k, joke isn’t it?!
How many people earn the same percentage more money than then? 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

. I believe the new cars sales will stall and sink to the rock bottom in the next one to two years. 

It can't go much lower, it is at it's lowest for 56 years. 😂😂😂  Hopefully we see an easing of the semi conductor issue, transport, shipping, container shortage etc etc this year and things start to pick up next year 

• Like 4

Neither are going to go down any time soon; KHAAAAAN!'s extension to the extension to the ULEZ is not far away and it's going to trigger an even worse spike in petrol and hybrid car prices. Anyone who can use diesel cars without getting shafted will be ready to snap up some bargains!

Either that or we're going to see a lot more classic cars on the road, as apparently they're exempt too! :laugh: 

• Like 2

Cars will go even higher prices due to the euro legislation. They need to have more and more filters and gadgets to ensure low emissions. Even tires are today a problem. The geniuses from the euro parliament discover the tires on their limousine changed tires because of wear.
And electric cars save everything, so put them everywhere without the proper competitive struggle on the market.(tax free etc)

I wait 11 months because of my trim level and additional VIP pack. The dealer has some crosses in a warehouse but they were the most commonly equipped models, but I don't want that. Also, other companies have they "best edition" or "play edition" to produce the same cars with relatively good equipment at a higher pace for a "fair price". If I took that car I will wait maybe 4 weeks no more and that's standard waiting time, even in past.

• Like 2

On 1/26/2023 at 6:10 PM, Cyker said:

Neither are going to go down any time soon; KHAAAAAN!'s extension to the extension to the ULEZ is not far away and it's going to trigger an even worse spike in petrol and hybrid car prices. Anyone who can use diesel cars without getting shafted will be ready to snap up some bargains!

Either that or we're going to see a lot more classic cars on the road, as apparently they're exempt too! :laugh: 

Hope you don't think I'm being a pain but comments like that are very unhelpful. It's all adds to the 'fake news' headlines so loved by the trashy tabloids.

My experience of congestion charge is nill so I speak from ignornace. I'm neither anti or pro environmental, all I'll say is that from what I've read, ULEZ appears to me as a way of raising cash rather cleaning up air quality. But from what I read, as far as diesel is concerned, ULEZ only applies to engines that do not meet Euro 6 standards i.e. in general, that's cars after 2015 ( over 8 years old ). So when someone uses the term 'diesel cars' as if they're all the same, thats not true.  

I'm not sure many will be rubbing their hands at the prospect of an 8 year old diesel prices falling thru the floor. With the prospect of having to address DPF's or whatever other problems an 8 year old diesel is likely to pose and the premium cost of derv over petrol, I wouldn't have thought the market for an 8 year old diesel was that healthy never mind the ULEZ factor.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not at all, I talk a lot of tripe as long established members know, and I have opinions on stuff like this :laugh: 

Not sure which bit you mean as we seem to be on the same page about many of the things (Mainly the ULEZ being nothing but a thinly veiled money making exercise)

You're right that Euro6 diesels are currently exempt, but when Euro7 is ratified you can bet your donkey Euro6 diesels will be on the chopping block next. Regardless, nobody in their right mind would drive a Euro 6 diesel car in London regularly anyway - At the sort of average speeds we get here, I reckon it'd be dead within a month with the DPF blocked solid and urea leaking out everywhere :laugh: 

People were abandoning their non-complaint diesels in droves because of the first ULEZ extension, and then vacuumed up all the hybrids and Euro4+ petrols from all over the country; I predict it's going to be even worse since greater london is a much bigger area.

And when that doesn't raise enough money, he plans to levy a daily charge for anyone just entering London. The man is a complete :censored: 

I really want to know who voted him back in as it's really hurting my view of the effectiveness of democracy. Even Ken Livingston didn't smeg up London as much as KHAAAN has done so far, and he had a damned good try!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

We wouldn't vote a mayor in Oop here unless he or she or it at least had a reasonably fit whippet, and a stylish flat cap.

But the local councillors do understand the diesel conundrum,at the last full council meeting, both sides agreed that there be witches there, and nothing could be done about anything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links