Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

Well I must be one of the longest waiting. I ordered an excel with sunroof back in august. Was quoted jan feb for delivery but then told now likely to be April may. As it’s still only showing as in process on the MyT app I don’t think it’s going to be here within that timeframe either. Dealer is due to update me next month.

• Like 1

When I visited the dealer last Sunday to have another look, the young lady said, it depends on what extras are ordered, she said sunroofs take waaay longer…

4 hours ago, MrWhiskers said:

Well I think I must be one of the most unlucky ones.I ordered an excel with sunroof  last august, and still only showing as processing order on the app. Dealer now saying April/May for delivery but that seems unlikely.

Before ordering Sept / Oct I was told the sunroof wouldn't make any difference to delivery date. A few weeks before the ETA, I was told it'd be an extra 4mth wait. I reordered a car minus the sunroof and was given the exact same ETA as the original car.

Given the number of new YarisX I'm seeing, you don't need Poirot to work out that the sunroof was the likely issue for delay. Must admit I haven't seen a single car in the flesh here in the UK, with a sunroof. Even the odd used car that has it is over a year old. Of course the sunroof is no longer an option in UK - I wonder if that's of any significance?

We had a longer wait for our Yaris because ot eh Panoramic roof. Apparently there was a problem with the glass. If the Yaris Cross sunroof is the cause of the delay, it may be due to this. I know the panoramic roof is no longer an option. 

2 hours ago, Primus1 said:

When I visited the dealer last Sunday to have another look, the young lady said, it depends on what extras are ordered, she said sunroofs take waaay longer…

C'mon people - be fair. I understand that there is only one tin opener in the whole of the car plant! 🙂

• Haha 2

On 3/2/2023 at 8:16 PM, Tommy X said:

Ordered my Y C 10th Feb, MyT app update today says it's in Derby so maybe arrive at dealer next week 🤞  

Good news from my dealer today, car has arrived and I pick up Thurs 30th March 7 weeks from placing my order to pick up, no added extras, much better than some marques I looked at ranging from 14 weeks to 52 weeks, happy days 😊  

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Max_Headroom said:

Great news, I bet those 6 days are going to drag.

Aye, hope the handover goes smoothly, first job charge the 12v battery 😉 

26 minutes ago, Tommy X said:

Aye, hope the handover goes smoothly, first job charge the 12v battery 😉 

I imagine by the time you have finished the initial drive it'll be full 😄

Ordered Cross Dynamic 22nd May22...was cancelled October 22...changed it for a GR Sport. Down today signing documents only another week. It's flown by.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Djcp said:

Ordered Cross Dynamic 22nd May22...was cancelled October 22...changed it for a GR Sport. Down today signing documents only another week. It's flown by.

Was that 22nd Oct you ordered the GR?

On 3/21/2023 at 9:35 AM, anchorman said:

If it’s having any accessories or extras  fitted it’ll be waiting for the workshop.   If not it’ll be waiting for the next suitable delivery.  All models go to Derby now so they can fill a transporter with the mix for the dealer.  If they can’t fill it they could be waiting for something else if it’s due.  They won’t put an odd car on a truck if there’s a truck full by waiting a bit longer.  Might be frustrating but that’s the way it is.  

Another reason could be that your dealership or salesman has met their March figures but not their April figures. They might therefore be holding cars in Derby to release to customers in April? Mine reached Derby at the end of February and my revised ETA is early to mid April.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2023 at 1:16 PM, MikeB2 said:

Just had an update for my order placed in November for Yaris Cross Design with Tech pack, My car is now in the build stage so I should get it earlier than the dealers stated delivery date of July! Fingers crossed.

Further update on My T app, a little confusing because I had the notification that my new X was at Zeebrugge then about an hour later received another notification that my new X had just rolled off the production line. It would appear that my car had gone back to the factory to be built again lol.

Not too bothered about the glitch in the app but it was amusing, not sure how long it will take now to arrive at the dealers but I am not in any rush 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MikeB2 said:

Further update on My T app, a little confusing because I had the notification that my new X was at Zeebrugge then about an hour later received another notification that my new X had just rolled off the production line. It would appear that my car had gone back to the factory to be built again lol.

Not too bothered about the glitch in the app but it was amusing, not sure how long it will take now to arrive at the dealers but I am not in any rush 

Mike, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app 

19 hours ago, RonYarisX said:

Was that 22nd Oct you ordered the GR?

It was cancelled 2nd week in October 22.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Djcp said:

It was cancelled 2nd week in October 22.

That makes it bang on with timescales and ETA I was given for a GR with sunroof. As said above I recently received news my car would be delayed until July. If you're receiving your car on time then that almost certainly confirms it was sunroof causing the delay.

Hope you enjoy your GR Sport.  

• Like 1

On time is a relative concept I suppose...10 months now, to start I cared a lot,then boredom set in and then in build 🥳 I have had a good look at GR In showroom same spec Scarlet Flare Safety pack and I'm well happy. Only a week or two now.

Hello and good morning. I currently drive the Yaris Cross Excel with the tech pack as standard, but due to some error when I ordered, the dealer has recently ordered another car for me which include the sunroof and the city pack.

Please, I need to know if the city pack is worth it as this reduces the infotainment to Toyota touch 2 with a 8" screen and wired android auto connection. Is this worth it? Please, help.

David, it really is up to you. In my opinion, no. 

You already experience the features of the larger display, OTA updates etc. 

With the City Pack you have all round view and dynamic reversing guidance. 

You will also have a better definition Satnav display but less information.  You will have more hard buttons than the Smart Connect.  Easier to find by touch. There may be other features you lose under the hood. 

If you are already familiar with the Touch 2 Go system then you can make a better assessment. 

I initially chose the City Pack but when I found I would lose the better Satnav mapping I switched back. 

It really is up to you.  It's called City Pack, if you plan mostly in town use and little or no long distance then it's probably good. 

• Thanks 1

If it's of any help I was considering an Excel with city pack prior to ordering for the sole reason of self parking feature. I never found a car with city pack to try but from what I could gather the self-parking wasn't as simple and straight forward as the system on VW's. Of course the downside as you say was a smaller screen and no wireless AA which is something I use. It was only £100 option but I came to conclusion it was £100 to take a step backwards.

You say the dealer ordered a car with a sunroof. Has the car been delivered or is it in the stage of being built? If not the the sunroof may cause a lengthy build time.

1 hour ago, RonYarisX said:

If it's of any help I was considering an Excel with city pack prior to ordering for the sole reason of self parking feature. I never found a car with city pack to try but from what I could gather the self-parking wasn't as simple and straight forward as the system on VW's. Of course the downside as you say was a smaller screen and no wireless AA which is something I use. It was only £100 option but I came to conclusion it was £100 to take a step backwards.

You say the dealer ordered a car with a sunroof. Has the car been delivered or is it in the stage of being built? If not the the sunroof may cause a lengthy build time.

Thank you for your input. This was just ordered and I have decided to remove the city pack and yes, with the sunroof. I currently drive the excel version and will only swap with no additional cost to me whenever it drives. 

• Like 1

Regarding self parking, it does work and I used it successfully in my Corolla at least twice. It failed to find a slot more than that. 

You need to select a slot, parallel or reverse. Keep your hands off the wheel, and obey the forward and reverse gear directions and of course throttle pedal. 

It just seems slower when you have someone behind you but that's probably subjective. One time I really appreciated it was a badly lit road at night. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Regarding self parking, it does work and I used it successfully in my Corolla at least twice. It failed to find a slot more than that. 

You need to select a slot, parallel or reverse. Keep your hands off the wheel, and obey the forward and reverse gear directions and of course throttle pedal. 

It just seems slower when you have someone behind you but that's probably subjective. One time I really appreciated it was a badly lit road at night. 

Thank you, perhaps not worth it for me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, squadrondavid said:

Thank you, perhaps not worth it for me. 

I bought the City Pack and part of it was the prospect that Anchorwoman might find it useful.  She doesn’t, she finds it spooky and the chances of her using it seem to be nil.  However, the pack does have some other benefits that I’m really pleased with like the 360 cameras, blind spot monitoring and rear cross traffic alert.  I’ve had them before on CX-5s and Lexus’s but glad to have them again.

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links