Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

On 6/3/2023 at 9:32 AM, RonYarisX said:

Bad news for bargain hunters, looks like Toyota have joined the list of manufacturers to be dropped by DriveTheDeal over the past year, a broker who IMO not only negotiated some of the best deals, but were almost always up-to-date with offers and incentives and model range from the manufacturer. 

Last week you could order a GR Sport for approx £24700 which including PCP incentives is £4800 reduction on list.

Best price I can find now is Autoebid where the same car costs £25519 after discounts/incentives.

Anyone know of a better current deal?

Oh no, I was going to place an order for an Excel last week but got sidetracked......that's a blow.

Bought a Skoda Superb through them last year and was more than impressed with their service.

My app also was changed last week. I think it is just an interface update of the app. My order ETA is end of Dec. There is no point to get any update at this moment.

ordered a Yaris Cross from a dealer 20\06\23 , paid a deposit and waiting for confirmation of delivery date as the dealer had preordered the car and expected it in July. 

Received a call from dealer today (05\06) to say Toyota had reduced the deposit contribution of £1750 (that was supposed to run until 3rd July!) down to £600 !!. 

Cancelled the order and asked for my deposit back. Bad practice by Toyota to change the deposit allowance in advance of their stated end date of 3rd July, especially on a firm order with a deposit paid.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Can you elaborate? How does that deposit system work? Seems like we do things a little differently here

5 hours ago, baden said:

ordered a Yaris Cross from a dealer 20\06\23 , paid a deposit and waiting for confirmation of delivery date as the dealer had preordered the car and expected it in July. 

Received a call from dealer today (05\06) to say Toyota had reduced the deposit contribution of £1750 (that was supposed to run until 3rd July!) down to £600 !!. 

Cancelled the order and asked for my deposit back. Bad practice by Toyota to change the deposit allowance in advance of their stated end date of 3rd July, especially on a firm order with a deposit paid.  

Well that's a blow - so in the space of two days my preferred broker can no longer supply and just for good measure the finance contribution has put the price up £1150....

Not happy.

Curious, I see Toyota are still advertising the £1750 on their web site?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CruxisCore said:

Can you elaborate? How does that deposit system work? Seems like we do things a little differently here

elaborate on which part? a deposit is what the dealer asked for before he would reserve the car for me. 

you say "we do things a little diferently here"  , where's "here" ?? not sure I know what you are saying??

3 hours ago, Berisford said:

Well that's a blow - so in the space of two days my preferred broker can no longer supply and just for good measure the finance contribution has put the price up £1150....

Not happy.

Curious, I see Toyota are still advertising the £1750 on their web site?

I pointed out to the Toyota dealer that Toyota were still advertising it on their website as £1750 deposit contribution until the 3rd July. 

He just said they hadn't updated the website yet. I also queried how they could advertise something running until the 3rd July & then simply say on the 5th June they have change it and it's now only £600 deposit contribtion from Toyota finance. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, baden said:

elaborate on which part? a deposit is what the dealer asked for before he would reserve the car for me. 

you say "we do things a little diferently here"  , where's "here" ?? not sure I know what you are saying??

Sorry, "here" is Finland.

Around here you dont need a deposit but you can pay any sum (altho even that is often "billed" when the car arrives), but what I mostly fail to grasp is what the part about Toyota lowering the deposit contribution? Why would they do that and why would it matter? What harm is it to the consumer if you are only allowed to pay 600 instead of 1750?

Basically, I guess, what exactly is "deposit contribution"? Cos surely it's not just "pay upfront a sum that is then deducted from the full price" cos then something doesn't add up here 😄

EDIT: Unless it's one twisted ***** means to have you pay a higher amount through financing, thus them making more money out of your higher loan? That is like.. really messed up thing you have there if so!

5 minutes ago, CruxisCore said:

Sorry, "here" is Finland.

Around here you dont need a deposit but you can pay any sum (altho even that is often "billed" when the car arrives), but what I mostly fail to grasp is what the part about Toyota lowering the deposit contribution? Why would they do that and why would it matter? What harm is it to the consumer if you are only allowed to pay 600 instead of 1750?

Basically, I guess, what exactly is "deposit contribution"? Cos surely it's not just "pay upfront a sum that is then deducted from the full price" cos then something doesn't add up here 😄

deposit contribution is the extra amount Toyota Finance give free of charge towards the purchase of the car if you buy it on their finance. They have now reduced the amount they give you from £1750 to only £600. It's an incentive for you to buy a Toyota and use their finance.

My dealer didn't even include the Toyota Finance deposit contribution in my purchase despite getting the finance from Toyota.

Is this for pcp, .? or does it include a purchase plan..?

13 hours ago, baden said:

I think he’s referring to the deposit contribution.  

Just received notification that they have started to build mine.

• Like 5

On 6/5/2023 at 12:55 PM, baden said:

Well I too would be cancelling the order but sounds as if someone has their wires crossed.

T&C clearly state if car is ordered between 4th April and 3rd July 2023 and delivered by end of year. Didn't you challenge them?

T&C still say that right now - look for yourself.

It may all boil down to the question was the car a new retail order if it had been pre-ordered? Let's say it wasn't. In that case you'd be entitled to £0 finance contribution.   Why are they saying it would be £600 when you're not ordering it in July?

What does it say on your order form? They must have given you prices - they must have gone thru a pre-PCP finance check to make sure everything was OK for the finance to proceed at the time of or the folloing days of ordering the car.  That's the date applicable to any offers, not the date they deliver the car.

I'd have been giving Toyota Finance a call and getting them to explain. Sounds to me like your dealer is wrong, either that or they were fiddling the books in order to keep £1750 - £600 = £1250 for themselves.

I honestly can't get my head around why they'd do that. It's not in the dealers interest, it's certainly not in Toyota Finance's interest...   it's a weird one.

2 hours ago, RonYarisX said:

Well I too would be cancelling the order but sounds as if someone has their wires crossed.

T&C clearly state if car is ordered between 4th April and 3rd July 2023 and delivered by end of year. Didn't you challenge them?

T&C still say that right now - look for yourself.

It may all boil down to the question was the car a new retail order if it had been pre-ordered? Let's say it wasn't. In that case you'd be entitled to £0 finance contribution.   Why are they saying it would be £600 when you're not ordering it in July?

What does it say on your order form? They must have given you prices - they must have gone thru a pre-PCP finance check to make sure everything was OK for the finance to proceed at the time of or the folloing days of ordering the car.  That's the date applicable to any offers, not the date they deliver the car.

I'd have been giving Toyota Finance a call and getting them to explain. Sounds to me like your dealer is wrong, either that or they were fiddling the books in order to keep £1750 - £600 = £1250 for themselves.

I honestly can't get my head around why they'd do that. It's not in the dealers interest, it's certainly not in Toyota Finance's interest...   it's a weird one.

Web site earlier was still offering £1750 but the finance page was only giving £600 on a example quote.......looks as if they want to slow down the orders?

Either way a poor show from Toyota.

11 hours ago, Berisford said:

Web site earlier was still offering £1750 but the finance page was only giving £600 on a example quote.......looks as if they want to slow down the orders?

Either way a poor show from Toyota.

As I said above, it's not what the system is saying now, it's what it was saying at time of order. What figure did they write down when they took you thru the pre-finance check?

Also worth noting that T&C are clearly stated on website ( although it does say the offer can be withdrawn at anytime ). The finance page is only intented to be used as an example, the figures can change anytime. If you look at finance page it gives same depost allowance for any quote but T&C of £1750 say it has to be over 42mths with 0-35% deposit.

Are you 100% sure that's what the salesperson said? It makes no sense.

I have a friend of a friend who works with cars and kinda moonlights with car detailing on the side. He has a pretty decent price for hard waxing a car and I was considering taking the Yaris Cross just about straight to him as it arrives.

A new paint job will be fancy and shiny anyways, but I guess it wouldnt hurt to instantly put on a proper wax on it. I asked him about all the plastic trims on an SUV and he said they are usually pretty short term help, but I was asking a local Toyota group and a lot of people recommended using GTECHNIQ C4 for a longer term effect. I suppose that I can do myself if he doesnt have the stuff around.

Mine will be the brass gold (pic for reference since i know the names of paints are different in different markets), so I think it could look pretty nice with a proper wax gloss. Not sure how metallic paints differ with non metallic paints for waxing purposes, but I suppose that guy will know if theres a difference. And with that C4 treatment the trims should get a little darker and probably a little more dust/microscratch resistant layer on it

EDIT: On an unrelated note, Corolla Cross and RAV4 look weirdly much alike.

1126929407_WhatsApp-Kuva2023-06-07klo12_29_47.thumb.jpg.b1c4c85be4756428b44f0d6a903c01e8.jpg

• Haha 1

Must admit it looks good in that colour Cruxis..

I got the email that my Car has been built and is in the country awaiting inspection. So the timeline is roughly (Motorfinity):

21st March: Ordered
10th May: In Production
8th June: In the UK
Delivered: ????

I'm hoping delivery doesn't take too long, I've got two weeks off at the start of the July and it would be nice to be able to travel a bit 🙂

• Like 2

Got notified today car built and left the factory on its way to zeebrugge.

• Like 4

On 6/7/2023 at 10:21 AM, RonYarisX said:

As I said above, it's not what the system is saying now, it's what it was saying at time of order. What figure did they write down when they took you thru the pre-finance check?

Also worth noting that T&C are clearly stated on website ( although it does say the offer can be withdrawn at anytime ). The finance page is only intented to be used as an example, the figures can change anytime. If you look at finance page it gives same depost allowance for any quote but T&C of £1750 say it has to be over 42mths with 0-35% deposit.

Are you 100% sure that's what the salesperson said? It makes no sense.

My CarWow quotes are now coming in with £600 deposit contribution. So basically Toyota have put the price up £1100 so I'm probably out now and will probably keep my Renault Captur full hybrid  Cars are very comparable although the Renault more comfortable and luxurious though not so easy to throw around. I get real world about 60mpg so that is probably a bit less. For same term and deposit on PCP top specs for both, the Renault comes out about £70 pm cheaper.

• Like 2

On 6/9/2023 at 2:00 AM, Xerapin said:

Must admit it looks good in that colour Cruxis..

I got the email that my Car has been built and is in the country awaiting inspection. So the timeline is roughly (Motorfinity):

21st March: Ordered
10th May: In Production
8th June: In the UK
Delivered: ????

I'm hoping delivery doesn't take too long, I've got two weeks off at the start of the July and it would be nice to be able to travel a bit 🙂

My Timeline

03/02/23 ordered was told end of May start of June

03/02 to 26/05 nothing not even, order in progress on app or webstie assured by dealer all was well! and wouldnt see anything or get notifications until I had a VIN numer

28/05 chased up dealer! Salesmans email getting returned as undeliverable. Phoned dealer, salesman no longer works there and my Yaris cross is delayed del now Jul/Aug followed by but you have been told this already by the previous salesman? No I wasnt.

30/05 now showing purcase and order number on the app/website (in progress)

Present Still waiting, Did the order actually go through when ordered? Only had an order id number until it appeared on the app? The wait is what it it is but I just hoped tat they would be more transparant about things like this and blaming others instead of holding there collective hands up and saying sorry we dropped this one. That is one of the reasons I am not buying VW again. 

And breathe Rant over Cheers Guy's

Kev.

Don’t despair, I ordered in jan and was told end of April, was even confirmed when I went back in March, a phone call a couple of weeks later and was then told end of July, checked the app yesterday and now shows being built, also confirmed with email, so, fingers crossed, might be in July sometime..

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Knorton said:

03/02/23 ordered was told end of May start of June

I wonder if theres a difference in order spec?

Mine is a Scarlet Excel with the SUV Pack as the only extra. I heard somewhere Scarlet orders were being fulfilled quicker (lucky choice!)

Ordered mine 25 April Excel in scarlet flare My T app showing it in Zeebrugge

hopefully not too long now.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links