Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

Mine is still showing as processing on the tracking app.

59 days so far, not that I'm counting though🤣😂

• Haha 1

I have only 2 years to run on my current contract, is this why Toyota called me to discuss my options? 

😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

I have only 2 years to run on my current contract, is this why Toyota called me to discuss my options? 

😁

Absolutely, order a high spec car and you may be lucky and get it when your current contract ends.

I think two years sound about right😂🤣😂

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Thegeeza said:

Mine is still showing as processing on the tracking app.

59 days so far, not that I'm counting though🤣😂

😂😂 it gets obsessive doesn’t it. Keep counting it will be here before you know it. I don’t know what’s worse knowing it’s here and not being able to collect it straight away or not knowing anything 💁🏼‍♀️

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Maggiw said:

😂😂 it gets obsessive doesn’t it. Keep counting it will be here before you know it. I don’t know what’s worse knowing it’s here and not being able to collect it straight away or not knowing anything 💁🏼‍♀️

I cant keep ringing up every week and pestering so I'll wait for the surprise 😄

• Haha 1

I’ll be watching this thread with interest; I’m about to pull the trigger on a Premiere Edition with the safety pack!

In fairness I bought a new car back about 10 years ago that was made in a factory in Korea. As I always do, I had every bit of new tech fitted on it and it took about 4-5 months to get.

No tracking app but I managed to get the name of the boat it was being shipped on. Spent weeks and weeks tracking that on its trip to Bristol🙄

I'm just a sucker for self inflicted punishment😂🤣😂

At least this time it's just a short hop across the channel. So theoretically it should be reasonably quick once it's built🤞

This is great. Love the fact these cars are now getting here😁

Another car closer to getting mine🤔

37 minutes ago, Auris TSpirit said:

@Thegeeza Me first 😛

🤔🤔Well I suppose you did get your order in first....🙄

• Haha 1

Maybe it depends on which model they're knocking out! After all, the 'Premiere' has more kit on from the start, and adding the 'Full Monty' of extra's could mean they don't necessarily have the chips needed for all the extra kit, so are building some of the lower end models first. On the other hand, as the 'Premiere' is only a year 1 model, when did the one year production date start from??? Not wanting to put a 'downer' on everyone's (including myself!) hopes, just wondering.

Keith.

We're never going to know🤷‍♂️

I'm trying hard not to second guess the roll out of the different models otherwise I might get my hopes up.

You ordered well before me so I'm just going with yours will be first😁

That said. I'm still going to check the tracking  app 20 times a day😂🤣😂

No, He'll be fine when his car arrives!😂😂😂

Keith.

5 hours ago, Goinker said:

On the other hand, as the 'Premiere' is only a year 1 model, when did the one year production date start from??? Not wanting to put a 'downer' on everyone's (including myself!) hopes, just wondering.

Keith.

I believe that Yaris Cross production started in July, the official launch in France was September 16th, and dealers, here, already had a demo in stock mid to late August, and on the Toyota website there were even used ones for sale (only 2) ! The day I tested my they had the demo (Premiere), a Design, and a model pretty much equivalent to the Premiere, but with a white pearl paint job.

I'd guess that all of Europe being Left hand drive, the market there is much bigger than for UK right hand drive, so you'll probably get the lions share of deliveries Peter, and since currently the UK as a whole isn't exactly popular (at least, not with French politicians!), we'll be at the back of the queue if they have anything to do with it.

I confess that I've begun to look around for alternatives if Toyota keep on kicking the can down the road delivery-wise, I'm reasonably patient, but I do have a limit. Currently looking at the MG HS Plug-in hybrid, dearer than the Yaris cross, little choice in paint colour, but conversely PCP at 0% gives it greater appeal, though trying to find a dealer who is (A)Interested, and (B)actually has a demonstrator ain't easy, quite apart from wether the stock situation is any better with MG in the UK. Oddly enough, the dealer I bought my last car (ex-demonstrator) from in Grimsby has the very spec I'd choose on a 70 plate with 2.4k miles, but by the time I'd financed it at their rate of interest, I'd be paying about the same as for a brand new one at 0% at the moment, so it ain't worth the trip.

Just need to keep repeating, "I need to be patient, I need to be patient, I need to be patient"!🙄

Keith .

• Haha 1

So I just received an email from my dealer and I'm like 🤤good news about the car🤞.

Then I read it and it's just an update to say it's still on schedule and now I'm like ☹

I'm sure they're just teasing me😂🤣

Of course they are they dont want you to remove the order and they want you to wait an eternity for it 😄

• Sad 1

Hello!

I am new to the community but I have been following this thread for a while now. I ordered my new Yaris Cross Excel JBL on the 24th of August at the dealership with the promise that this was part of a call-off order so it was meant to arrive on the 29th of September. Well, it didn't, and because my sales rep went off a month ago nobody was even updating me, so that was particularly upsetting. I am here to give out some hope because dates can vary a lot. I kept calling the dealership in the past weeks to try to get somebody to get ahold of my order but the only response I got was "your car is estimated to arrive in November". Well! To my great pleasure this was delivered yesterday morning to the dealership, so we could say about 2 weeks of delay from the original ETA.

To all of you that are eager to know all about your car's progress, I hope I can provide some very helpful information. First, this is the timeline of my order:

24th Aug - Order Placed
21th Sep - Building started
30rd Sep - Car left the factory
30rd Sep - 2 hours later - Car arrived at the Zeebrugge port
2nd Oct midday - Car embarked on presumably the AUTOPRESTIGE vehicles carrier (it was the only one that went to Grimsby that day).
(unofficial) 3rd Oct midnight - This is the date when the ship arrived in Grimsby, it seems it takes it half a day to cross the sea.
4th Oct morning - The car "officially" arrived at Grimsby (I assume the update was late because the ship crossed in the weekend.)
7th Oct - Car left for the Derbyshire hub
7th Oct - 2 hours later - Car arrived at the Derbyshire hub
13th Oct - Car left for the dealership
14th Oct - Car arrived at the dealership

Second, the web Toyota order tracker holds more information under the hood, and it appears to be more up to date than the dealership too (unless it was my dealership out of date). This shows all the estimated dates of "left location" and "estimated arrival" of each intermediary step. I can also confirm that the dates shown are very estimated (especially the final estimated date of delivery, which once showed the end of December for me) and they update/become more accurate as you get closer to the date reported, or a step has been completed.

How do I view this information, you may ask? Well, that's the tricky bit! It requires a bit of tinkering and a sprinkle of tech savviness. I'll try to make this as clear and easy as I can.

1. Open your order tracker page on the Toyota website from a computer
  2. Take note of your full order number, you can view this from the full link of the webpage which looks like this:
    https://www.toyota.co.uk/apps/customerportal#/purchasedCars/999999999999999XX9999999

Your order number is the one at the very end and should appear like the 9999.... I put instead of my own.

3. Now you need to open the developer tools. You can do this by right-clicking anywhere in the page and select "Inspect element" or simply "Inspect". This should now open a new box/window.

4. On the top side of this new box/window, you need to click on the Network tab.

5. With everything left as it is, refresh the page, so the developer tools can collect all the network data from the page.

6. As the pages refreshes and your order loads, the developer tools should start showing a list of entries. You need to find and click on the one that has the same name as your order number (which we took in step 2).

7. This should now show a new box, usually on the right hand side. You want to click on the Preview tab which should be on the top side.

8. Last step, explore all the data that shows in the Preview tab. This is where you'll find all the "hidden" information!

I hope this will relieve many of you from the terror of the long wait!!

And for the curious, here is a picture of my new Yaris Cross:

511737992_YarisCross.thumb.jpg.2fd019c55034d8ac0e5da5bb4ce0533c.jpg

Feel free to ask me any questions!

Wish you all to get your new car sooner than expected!!

Luca

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Sevenarth said:

Hello!

I am new to the community but I have been following this thread for a while now. I ordered my new Yaris Cross Excel JBL on the 24th of August at the dealership with the promise that this was part of a call-off order so it was meant to arrive on the 29th of September. Well, it didn't, and because my sales rep went off a month ago nobody was even updating me, so that was particularly upsetting. I am here to give out some hope because dates can vary a lot. I kept calling the dealership in the past weeks to try to get somebody to get ahold of my order but the only response I got was "your car is estimated to arrive in November". Well! To my great pleasure this was delivered yesterday morning to the dealership, so we could say about 2 weeks of delay from the original ETA.

To all of you that are eager to know all about your car's progress, I hope I can provide some very helpful information. First, this is the timeline of my order:

Second, the web Toyota order tracker holds more information under the hood, and it appears to be more up to date than the dealership too (unless it was my dealership out of date). This shows all the estimated dates of "left location" and "estimated arrival" of each intermediary step. I can also confirm that the dates shown are very estimated (especially the final estimated date of delivery, which once showed the end of December for me) and they update/become more accurate as you get closer to the date reported, or a step has been completed.

How do I view this information, you may ask? Well, that's the tricky bit! It requires a bit of tinkering and a sprinkle of tech savviness. I'll try to make this as clear and easy as I can.

1. Open your order tracker page on the Toyota website from a computer
  2. Take note of your full order number, you can view this from the full link of the webpage which looks like this:
    https://www.toyota.co.uk/apps/customerportal#/purchasedCars/999999999999999XX9999999

Your order number is the one at the very end and should appear like the 9999.... I put instead of my own.

3. Now you need to open the developer tools. You can do this by right-clicking anywhere in the page and select "Inspect element" or simply "Inspect". This should now open a new box/window.

4. On the top side of this new box/window, you need to click on the Network tab.

5. With everything left as it is, refresh the page, so the developer tools can collect all the network data from the page.

6. As the pages refreshes and your order loads, the developer tools should start showing a list of entries. You need to find and click on the one that has the same name as your order number (which we took in step 2).

7. This should now show a new box, usually on the right hand side. You want to click on the Preview tab which should be on the top side.

8. Last step, explore all the data that shows in the Preview tab. This is where you'll find all the "hidden" information!

I hope this will relieve many of you from the terror of the long wait!!

And for the curious, here is a picture of my new Yaris Cross:

511737992_YarisCross.thumb.jpg.2fd019c55034d8ac0e5da5bb4ce0533c.jpg

Feel free to ask me any questions!

Wish you all to get your new car sooner than expected!!

Luca

Hmm now thats made me jealous I've ordered and excel on 14th July and still no news :(

1 minute ago, Auris TSpirit said:

Hmm now thats made me jealous I've ordered and excel on 14th July and still no news 😞

I can understand your frustration! I wouldn't have even posted if it weren't to provide you with some hope and extra information!! I hope the guide I gave can help you!

It seems that they already planned the production of the cars in batch, so if you make an order of a vehicle that was not planned or was but reserved by other customers... then your order gets pushed at the end of the queue. When I placed my order, they pretty much gave me the options that were available to reserve from the call-off order, otherwise it would have been a long wait. Luckily for me, they had exactly the car I was looking for!

Sadly I sent an email date is still the same 22nd November 😭

Hi Luca.

Tried this but to no avail, thought that might be either me, (as I'm definitely not 'Tech Savvy') or the fact that I use an iMac, not a PC. I did manage to find what I believe is my order number from the MyT app, and this ends in one capital letter followed by several full stops so I don't know if this is only a part of the number or not. Other than that, it still just says 'Processing'........very frustrating!

Keith.