Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

13 minutes ago, Goinker said:

Hi Luca.

Tried this but to no avail, thought that might be either me, (as I'm definitely not 'Tech Savvy') or the fact that I use an iMac, not a PC. I did manage to find what I believe is my order number from the MyT app, and this ends in one capital letter followed by several full stops so I don't know if this is only a part of the number or not. Other than that, it still just says 'Processing'........very frustrating!

Keith.

DM 😁

Well I'm going to make out I never read any of that in case I get jealous......wait, too late😢

😂😂🤣

2 hours ago, Sevenarth said:

Hello!

I am new to the community but I have been following this thread for a while now. I ordered my new Yaris Cross Excel JBL on the 24th of August at the dealership with the promise that this was part of a call-off order so it was meant to arrive on the 29th of September. Well, it didn't, and because my sales rep went off a month ago nobody was even updating me, so that was particularly upsetting. I am here to give out some hope because dates can vary a lot. I kept calling the dealership in the past weeks to try to get somebody to get ahold of my order but the only response I got was "your car is estimated to arrive in November". Well! To my great pleasure this was delivered yesterday morning to the dealership, so we could say about 2 weeks of delay from the original ETA.

To all of you that are eager to know all about your car's progress, I hope I can provide some very helpful information. First, this is the timeline of my order:

Second, the web Toyota order tracker holds more information under the hood, and it appears to be more up to date than the dealership too (unless it was my dealership out of date). This shows all the estimated dates of "left location" and "estimated arrival" of each intermediary step. I can also confirm that the dates shown are very estimated (especially the final estimated date of delivery, which once showed the end of December for me) and they update/become more accurate as you get closer to the date reported, or a step has been completed.

How do I view this information, you may ask? Well, that's the tricky bit! It requires a bit of tinkering and a sprinkle of tech savviness. I'll try to make this as clear and easy as I can.

1. Open your order tracker page on the Toyota website from a computer
  2. Take note of your full order number, you can view this from the full link of the webpage which looks like this:
    https://www.toyota.co.uk/apps/customerportal#/purchasedCars/999999999999999XX9999999

Your order number is the one at the very end and should appear like the 9999.... I put instead of my own.

3. Now you need to open the developer tools. You can do this by right-clicking anywhere in the page and select "Inspect element" or simply "Inspect". This should now open a new box/window.

4. On the top side of this new box/window, you need to click on the Network tab.

5. With everything left as it is, refresh the page, so the developer tools can collect all the network data from the page.

6. As the pages refreshes and your order loads, the developer tools should start showing a list of entries. You need to find and click on the one that has the same name as your order number (which we took in step 2).

7. This should now show a new box, usually on the right hand side. You want to click on the Preview tab which should be on the top side.

8. Last step, explore all the data that shows in the Preview tab. This is where you'll find all the "hidden" information!

I hope this will relieve many of you from the terror of the long wait!!

And for the curious, here is a picture of my new Yaris Cross:

511737992_YarisCross.thumb.jpg.2fd019c55034d8ac0e5da5bb4ce0533c.jpg

Feel free to ask me any questions!

Wish you all to get your new car sooner than expected!!

Luca

No good, had to give it a go.

Result:

currently processing🤦‍♂️

Eta for delivery....null🤦‍♂️

In fact everything...null🤦‍♂️

I knew I shouldn't have looked😂😂

Based on that timeline and the delivery date the dealer gave me I should expect the car to be built in mid November.

This is the trouble with all this sort of information, you put 2 and 2 together and get 5.

Which probably, in my case is 5 months😂🤣😂🤣

1 hour ago, Thegeeza said:

Based on that timeline and the delivery date the dealer gave me I should expect the car to be built in mid November.

This is the trouble with all this sort of information, you put 2 and 2 together and get 5.

Which probably, in my case is 5 months😂🤣😂🤣

Well, see! The timeline has its own purpose!

From all the "null"s you are getting, it sounds as if Toyota is yet to process your order, so you don't see any estimates yet. Keep an eye out on that because it will update and get filled in with information! I discovered this trick only a/two week(s) before the build started, so perhaps when I first ordered it was empty for me too.

Anyways, I have just recreated the steps above with screenshots and more details. I used Safari for this to help @Goinker out. For any other browser the steps are pretty much the same, except for the very first one which applies only to Safari. Here is the link:
https://imgur.com/a/dgmKcoX

On 10/14/2021 at 9:43 AM, PJR77 said:

Mine has just arrived at the dealer. Exciting!

Fantastic 😀

Well, thanks to Luca (Sevenarth), I eventually bumbled my way through (I've never had any computer training, just muddled through!), and I found the following re-my order:-

Intermediate deliveries      Null (I assume this is parts from outside suppliers).

ETA to final destination     Null (Delivery to either distribution hub or dealer?)

Based on statistics            Null. (???)

Current status                   No status.

So I assume from that my car is not even at production schedule stage yet.........Drat! Not what I was hoping to find.😒

Keith.

2 hours ago, Goinker said:

Well, thanks to Luca (Sevenarth), I eventually bumbled my way through (I've never had any computer training, just muddled through!), and I found the following re-my order:-

Intermediate deliveries      Null (I assume this is parts from outside suppliers).

ETA to final destination     Null (Delivery to either distribution hub or dealer?)

Based on statistics            Null. (???)

Current status                   No status.

So I assume from that my car is not even at production schedule stage yet.........Drat! Not what I was hoping to find.😒

Keith.

Welcome to the "null" club😢

Reading through some of the other owner club posts, it apparently seems you get an email to say your car is in processing a week or two before it goes into build. I'll wait until then and then see if my estimated dates are filled in🤞

I picked up my red Yaris Cross yesterday and did 80 miles on various A-roads. Speed limits restricted me to, mainly, 50mph but by the end the trip computer told me that my journey had been at 82mpg. Remarkable!

Very smooth to drive although I noted that I could feel the the bumps in the road. I haven't yet checked to see if the tyres are over inflated. If they are that would explain the high mpg figure as well as the ride.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PJR77 said:

I picked up my red Yaris Cross yesterday and did 80 miles on various A-roads. Speed limits restricted me to, mainly, 50mph but by the end the trip computer told me that my journey had been at 82mpg. Remarkable!

Very smooth to drive although I noted that I could feel the the bumps in the road.

82mpg from a new Yaris Cross, that's great ! I'm very much looking forward to my Yaris, and I hope to do even better. The bumpy ride was the reason I didn't go for the Cross, I was convinced that was we were going to order a cross before the test drive.  

I ordered a new Yaris Cross Excel on 13th October.  The agent has phoned today to advise new ETA is mid February 2022.  Not pleased.

At the end of the day. it is production is probably affected by the global chip shortages - which is affecting all motor manufacturers. 

See the two topics in General Discussions.

Just had notification of a 'Status update' from Toyota for My Yaris Cross "Premiere" ordered 31/08/21, so logged into the site and went through the information, finding the following, make of it what you will:-

Based on statistics- true

Estimated delivery to final destination-24/12/2021

Current status-Processing order

Call off status-Called off

ETA to final destination-true

........and then the odd bit,

Estimated arrival date at Derbyshire hub-1/12/2021

I live in Derbyshire, less than 20 miles from the Burnaston plant/hub, car is ordered from the Mansfield (Nottinghamshire) dealer, so going by those dates, it's going to take just over 3 weeks for the car to be transported less than 20 miles!

I guess it shows that at least things are moving, albeit slowly, though with that arrival date, I'll want to wait until at least January 1st for registration/delivery. For those awaiting delivery of similar cars, bear in mind that I have not specified any extra's on my car, those who have may find their dates could be later, hopefully others like 'TheGeeza' will have an update shortly. I'd imagine that extra's such as the 'Adventure pack' (mudflaps and car mats) would be 'Dealer fit' rather than 'Factory fit', but who knows?

Keith.

My Yaris Cross "Premiere" was ordered on 31/08/21 and today I've had an update estimating December 24th delivery to the dealer, so that may give you some idea of the expected delay. As Mike above says, it's the chip shortage to blame so higher spec needing more chips=more delay I assume.

Keith.

Please see the other thread, delays have been known about for 3 months or so, people have only just got their pre-order cars - chip shortage, the Pandemic and the French shut down in September all add up (let alone China's issues with massive floods, Power and on the brink of the one of the world's biggest financial crashes)- some manufactures are quoting a year plus - with some parts on indefinite back order (Ford and GM)

Yep that’s about right I notice that delivery on the corolla is about the same if you ordered one now 18 to 20 weeks. Hence the reason used car prices are still climbing😊

That's great news. I've no changes and no updates so I guess all the extras I've thrown in is slowing mine down🤦‍♂️

That final destination date doesn't bode well for my chance of getting my car this year😢

My fault though, I just love the latest tech🤷‍♂️

Some Jaguar/Land Rover vehicles are quoted as 12 months delivery.

14 minutes ago, Thegeeza said:

That's great news. I've no changes and no updates so I guess all the extras I've thrown in is slowing mine down🤦‍♂️

That final destination date doesn't bode well for my chance of getting my car this year😢

My fault though, I just love the latest tech🤷‍♂️

Mines with alot of tech and still 22nd November but hopefully on holiday 4 days later so will have it in December when I'm back

Thinking about it, mine is also AWD. So involves a second electric motor and a completely different rear suspension. This probably adds further delays too🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Thegeeza said:

Thinking about it, mine is also AWD. So involves a second electric motor and a completely different rear suspension. This probably adds further delays too🤷‍♂️

I live on a lane to a farm, but as I'm retired, If the weather is such that I'd need a 4 wheel drive, I have the 'luxury' of staying in and watching it snow!🤣  Seriously though, even though I live in a rural village, I can't think of any real circumstances where I'd need a 4 wheel drive, having said that I've previously owned a Range Rover and a Discovery, though it wasn't because I needed it, just because I could. Can't justify that in retirement though.

Keith.

Fair enough🤣😂

Where I live the slightest drop of snow and you can't get out at all. Nothing but abandoned cars.😂🤣

"She who must be obeyed" has to get to work so we always have an AWD and a sports car that we both drive.

Currently we have an AWD Toyota CHR, which is such a nice car, however they dont make an AWD version anymore. Hence the Yaris Cross.

Following my rough ride and 82mpg I checked my tyre pressures. They were over-inflated by 10 to 12lbs each!

I've alerted the dealer to a PDI failing. I don't know if they were over inflated at the factory or during the PDI.

Yeah, had that in my Mk4 when I got it too - 60 psi!! It's like they hadn't bothered to drop the pressures from transport PSI!!

On a tangent, I notice the Yaris Cross seems to have adjustable lumbar support on the driver's seat - Is that the case??

If so... does anyone know if you can retrofit one into a normal Mk4 Yaris...? :naughty:(Seriously the driver's seat in the Mk4 Yaris, at least the Excel one, is awful!)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links