Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

My previous car was a Suzuki Vitara, bought as a dealer 'Demo', 5 weeks old and 1700 miles on it, and saved me 3K on new price. It was the SZ5 model in Orange, with leather interior and electric glass opening sunroof, everything I wanted in a car with a 1.6 engine which was averaging 55+ MPG, but it was a manual, and due to my age (74) and an increasingly 'dodgy' left knee, Wife nagged me into going for an auto again (I've had 10 auto's previously so it's nothing new to me). I was sceptical about going for a Hybrid, but the test drive convinced me, and I went for the "Cross" as it's easier for me to get in and out of a higher built vehicle. I'd looked at going for another Vitara, an auto this time, but not convinced that the engine change to a turbo'd 1.4 was a good idea as I found the 1.6 unstressed at motorway speeds, looked at the "Kadjar" and liked it, but the spec I wanted took it into 30K+ territory, which was more than I wanted to pay. I'm sure I'll be very satisfied with a "Cross" when I eventually get it, not used to playing the 'Waiting game' but I'll get used to it.

Keith.

It was the extra ground clearance and the higher seating position that pushed us towards the "Cross", too. On our local roads, and especially leading up to our house, the "Cross", as tested, would have just a touch too much body movement. Both of us were afraid of being "sea sick", I am particular prone to that, unless I'm driving. Then it only happens if the roads are particularly twisty and turny and up and downy as well (Think driving across the Pyrenees and into Spain on the Basque Country side).

We weren't happy about spending more than 30k€ on a new car, especially since our last one, albeit 6 years ago, was 4K€ less than new price and still less than 20k€. We managed a decent price with Toyota, but there's next to no haggle room with them. We waited till the end of august to order in case the September sweetener was better than August's. It wasn't, it was less. 

It appears that there a quite a few members on this forum that have been around the block, so to speak, a few times. What I like here, is that I haven't seen any name calling or agression. Which is very nice.

@Goinker Just wonder how many other orders have been pushed further afield, saw 2 Design modles a few weeks back at the dealership so they must have been very lucky and not as much tech as I will have in mine, just hope it's not pushed into 2022 but TBH what over make or model could I get any quicker and am a Toyota Fan, will check 16th October to see if it's being built as October was the build for mine with a 15th November at Dealership and waht to see if by then any further confirmation.

I'd looked at the Peugeot 3008, pricey and a bit 'futuristic' inside but nice all the same, dealer said February earliest, and if you want a Ford or Vauxhall (No Thanks!) it'll be a longer wait still (Dealer is part of a large Multi-Franchise group so knows the situation). I'm aware that the Worldwide "Chip shortage" is the main cause of the delivery queues for new vehicles, apparently the chip manufacturers favour the electronics industries that have the faster repeat selling of their products (think phones and other related stuff) and give auto manufacturers a lower priority in the order stream, but this is the price we pay for "outsourcing".

Keith.

1 hour ago, Stopeter44 said:

What I like here, is that I haven't seen any name calling or agression. Which is very nice.

Occasionally, but we have a good moderator, Frostyballs, on here. I give him 10 out of 10.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Goinker said:

The dealership has the exact colour/spec of car I want in the showroom, but won't sell it to me as they don't know when replacements will be available, frustrating, but that's life I guess!

Keith.

They usually get a floor model they can not register or sell for X amount of time

to the other poster - since the mid 90's most manufactures are build to order, back in 09 i went to look a new Golf plus (dodged a bullet with that one) 6 month for a standard build 12-14 months for one with a sunroof plus i would have to wait as no local dealer had any allocations

Toyota uses a just in time method of production, the problem is the parts aren't flowing

As for chips, manufactures book 12-18 months ahead for a run at a fabricator cancel your slot and someone else gets it, Ford and GM got bit hard by dropping production numbers in 2020

I will never buy French, one reason i will not go back to Nissan or Vauxhall, BTW a Vauxhall grandland is a rebadged 3008, the new Corsa F is a 208

• Like 1

I feel the same about German cars, overrated and overpriced, supposedly superior quality, though you still see them on the back of a tow truck. BMW closely followed by Mercs seem to have a high percentage of ignorant, arrogant drivers who don't seem to know where the indicator stalk is and feel they own the road, four wheels and a steering wheel is the base model and everything else is on the options list as an extra cost item.......Nah, not my cup of tea thanks.

Rant over!🤣

Keith.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

I will never buy French, one reason i will not go back to Nissan or Vauxhall, BTW a Vauxhall grandland is a rebadged 3008, the new Corsa F is a 208

Why is that ?

@Goinker - A long time owner of German cars said of his VWs "I have a fine German automobile, .... and the repairs bills to prove it!"

They are just not built to last, Renault is particular bad their slogan should be Built by accountants, i have worked on plenty over the years with major electrical issue and all sorts of cascade failures, internal switch gear is cheap and nasty quality PSA hazard switches break if you look at them wrong

Fair enough. It was the replacement of front brakes (@50k km), Front Shocks (@60k km) on the 208, that provoked me into ordering the Yaris, but, around these parts (hilly, bumpy & twisty) people seem hardly surprised.

I have a friend who loves his Peugeots, but whenever he goes to buy one he always brings a multimeter with him. Says it all really :laugh: 

I had high hopes for the PSA-Toyota partnership - Get the french to design the car, but get the japanese to make it work properly and build it!! :laugh: 

Ordered my yaris cross excel 08/08, steven eagell said maybe november, i dont expect to see it till sometime in december. I hope it doesnt go to 2022, but i'm patient. It'll be my 1st new toyota my 1st toyota was a 2 year old corolla in 1975, had 10 of them since then.

As expected the date has once again changed for my Yaris Cross now due 22nd November (Hope that date comes forward, fingers crossed) so if it arrives at that date or later It'll have to wait till I'm back of my Holiday so add another 2 weeks to that date ☹️

On that basis, my 'Premiere' ordered on August 31st looks like it may well be early 2022, Oh well.......!

Since the 'Premiere' model is supposed to be only available during the first year, I wonder when this starts from, the date the first one was ordered or the date the first one was delivered to a customer? If it's the former, there might only be about 6 months production before Toyota phase it out at this rate.

Keith.

33 minutes ago, Goinker said:

On that basis, my 'Premiere' ordered on August 31st looks like it may well be early 2022, Oh well.......!

Since the 'Premiere' model is supposed to be only available during the first year, I wonder when this starts from, the date the first one was ordered or the date the first one was delivered to a customer? If it's the former, there might only be about 6 months production before Toyota phase it out at this rate.

Keith.

If It's anything like the launch edition they just updated it for the 2nd year aka launch edition 2021.5

Just seen for a first time all black Yaris Cross and looks stunning to me, black really suits the car. 👍

07993702-4A99-4F49-B377-C7F99D588209.jpeg

2 hours ago, Goinker said:

Keith.

Ordered my premiere, also brass gold, on 15th August. Was given date of 31st December.

If it rolls over to next year might as well be March and get the next reg number🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Just seen for a first time all black Yaris Cross and looks stunning to me, black really suits the car. 👍

07993702-4A99-4F49-B377-C7F99D588209.jpeg

Look great in any colour, I especially like pearl white !

• Like 1

Hi has anyone heard about deliveries of Yaris cross. I was told last week that they are stuck at sea 🤷‍♀️ Not sure I believe that as been told many different stories when I’ve contacted the dealer 

It's not like they have very far to come across the channel.

More likely to be stuck at a port over here due to the HGV driver shortage🙄

• Sad 1

My one is currently at Zeebrugge according to MyT. Probably waiting for a ship load to accumulate.

Just received a call from my dealer saying my car is due with them on 9th December, 3 weeks earlier than the date originally given😁.

Won't hold my breath though🤞

20 hours ago, Thegeeza said:

Ordered my premiere, also brass gold, on 15th August. Was given date of 31st December.

If it rolls over to next year might as well be March and get the next reg number🤷‍♂️

Not too bothered about the next year plate as mine will have my private plate anyway, so nothing visible. Had a phone call earlier today from the dealer telling me the delivery date is now December, no real surprise with that. I ordered mine on August 31st, so bearing in mind the Xmas break (and the French seem to have more holidays than the UK), realistically mine could well be mid to late January, and that's always assuming a supply of components continues uninterrupted. No idea where the chips are made, but if it's China, there could easily be quite a long supply interruption due to the Chinese New Year celebrations. As my main hobby supplies come primarily from China, I'm well used to a considerable lack of them in our early New Year as the factories close and the workers head home for the celebrations, many often don't return or take other slightly better paying jobs (and who can blame them) at other factories, resulting in a lack of skilled labour on restarting production and time lost due to training up new staff. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

Keith.

On Monday last, I passed through Grimsby on the A180 and the fields on the left where the Ship docks up to, which are usually full of new Suzuki cars were all empty except one which seemed full of new Toyota's, presumably Derby built for export, and the ship (Auto Prestige was it???) was docked alongside. No idea if any loading or unloading had taken place at that time.

Keith.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links