Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LED licenceplate lights Yaris MK4

G6-R

Hello,

does some one have the LED licenceplate lights on there new MK 4 yaris . so yes where thit you bought them??

1 hour ago, G6-R said:

Hello,

does some one have the LED licenceplate lights on there new MK 4 yaris . so yes where thit you bought them??

I don't know which country you are in but in the UK, the Launch Edition licence plate lights are LED as a standard fitment?

MK4 Yaris rear number plate lamps are all fitted with conventional 501 w5w type bulbs, there are no LED type number plate lamps 

Huh, I thought they were! They seem so much brighter/clearer than the ones on my old Yarisesesisuses!

I guess that's just what a new bulb vs a 10+ year old bulb looks like then?? :laugh: 

4 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

MK4 Yaris rear number plate lamps are all fitted with conventional 501 w5w type bulbs, there are no LED type number plate lamps 

Sorry to disagree with you Lee but the Mk4 Launch Edition that I have here, has one LED bulb in each of the rear licence plate lights. I'll take a photo tomorrow when it is daylight and you will clearly see the circuit board mounted LED. Besides, conventional 501 5W bulbs are not capable of producing such white light as this...

PXL_20210730_231359435.PORTRAIT.thumb.jpg.bc1e8412f491cfb3865a89e4b90df8fa.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CPN said:

Sorry to disagree with you Lee but the Mk4 Launch Edition that I have here, has one LED bulb in each of the rear licence plate lights. I'll take a photo tomorrow when it is daylight and you will clearly see the circuit board mounted LED. Besides, conventional 501 5W bulbs are not capable of producing such white light as this...

PXL_20210730_231359435.PORTRAIT.thumb.jpg.bc1e8412f491cfb3865a89e4b90df8fa.jpg

Of course they're not and I am a complete idiot! Apologies to Lee @Devon Aygo for questioning his always reliable information! I completely forgot (I plead old age!) that soon after getting the car last October, I managed to source some LED equivalents to the conventional 501 5W bulbs and the great thing about these particular ones is that they are not polarity conscious (like some are) even though the blurb about them suggests otherwise and they are in a much neater, more substantial package than some I have seen.

PXL_20210731_130508179.PORTRAIT.thumb.jpg.f4408ac23f148c9627848bfe95eb6b09.jpg

Available here in packs of 10... Once again, apologies if I have misled anybody over these lights...

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

bought the ones in my link above , the fit and work 😁

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I changed my interior lights a few weeks ago, but personally, I cant see an advantage of swopping out rear number plate lights.  Any one?

On 7/31/2021 at 2:59 PM, CPN said:

Of course they're not and I am a complete idiot! Apologies to Lee @Devon Aygo for questioning his always reliable information! I completely forgot (I plead old age!) that soon after getting the car last October, I managed to source some LED equivalents to the conventional 501 5W bulbs and the great thing about these particular ones is that they are not polarity conscious (like some are) even though the blurb about them suggests otherwise and they are in a much neater, more substantial package than some I have seen.

PXL_20210731_130508179.PORTRAIT.thumb.jpg.f4408ac23f148c9627848bfe95eb6b09.jpg

Available here in packs of 10... Once again, apologies if I have misled anybody over these lights...

Ahh well Colin you weren’t slow to put me right on one occasion when I didn’t read a post properly 🤪. So it can happen to the best of us👏. Like yourself I blame the date on the birth certificate 😂🤣👍

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Catlover said:

Well, I changed my interior lights a few weeks ago, but personally, I cant see an advantage of swopping out rear number plate lights.  Any one?

I agree Joe. If the non l.e.d. lamps give sufficient illumination to comply with regulations, what's the point.

Re the reversing camera - my reversing lights give more than enough vision at night, in fact too much!

I fitted l.e.d.s to interior and boot  many moons ago and they are a vast improvement on the originals. Particularly the boot.

• Thanks 1