Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bonnet stay Toyota IQ

Mossside Mick

Hi bonnet stay is just laid under the bonnet can anyone show me where it fits ie in use and when stored TIA

Try the owner's manual ? The bonnet release will on the driver's side

Flash, wrong question answered.

Mick where is the secured end of the bonnet stay?  You seem to imply it is fastened to the wing rather than the bonnet.  I do not think it would be secured across the engine.  It should most likely be stowed across or along.  Try either position and look for a clip, maybe 8 inches from the end, or a hole where a clip might be.

My Corolla stay is on the bonnet, hinged on the drivers side and secured by a nylon catch in bonnet centre.

In use I would look for a key slot hole in the bonnet with the rod fore and act when the rod is at 45-60 degrees.  If it is fastened at the bonnet end, same deal only in the wing.

First time I opened the bonnet it crashed down and hit me.  I had not driven a car with a stay for decades.  Mercedes was sprung loaded, SAABs front hinged and the whole lot tipped forward.

19 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Flash, wrong question answered.

Sorry what, i think you misread the OP's question and/or you didn't watch the video

20 hours ago, Mossside Mick said:

Hi, the bonnet stay is just laid under the bonnet, can anyone show me where it fits ie in use and when stored TIA

The OP asked about the bonnet (Hood) on the IQ the Scion IQ is the same car

Here's a bonnet complete with stay/support

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224346085571?hash=item343c1198c3:g:vg4AAOSwqgJgIuhE

17 hours ago, flash22 said:

Sorry what, i think you misread the OP's question and/or you didn't watch the video

The OP asked about the bonnet (Hood) on the IQ the Scion IQ is the same car

Here's a bonnet complete with stay/support

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224346085571?hash=item343c1198c3:g:vg4AAOSwqgJgIuhE

Between 2003 and 2017, Toyota had an additional brand in the US which targeted younger customers - Scion.

In the US the Toyota IQ was sold solely under the Scion brand, as the Scion IQ - they are the same car apart from badging and trim differences.