Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T27 Starter motor

Garytreez

Good day. Avensis T27 2.2 2010. I have bought a new starter motor and have removed bolts and connectors from the old one. I cant get the old one out despite loads of wiggling and solenoid removal. It seems that a large coolant type hose is in the way. I don't really want to cut this off just to replace a starter motor. Battery, air box and egr all removed.

Is there a trick to this before I give up and sell car as scrap ?

The driveshaft  has to be removed on the drivers side to allow the starter motor to drop out. I discovered this so just left it to local garage.

Sorry everyone last post rubbish it was the Alternator removal that required the driveshaft to be disconnected!!!. the starter motor never expired in my first two Avensis and my third has a BMW engine so can't even look to see what the problem would be.

On 7/31/2021 at 4:54 PM, jimtaxi said:

The driveshaft  has to be removed on the drivers side to allow the starter motor to drop out. I discovered this so just left it to local garage.

is that the same on the 2014 2.0 1adftv engine boss 

• 1 year later...

8 minutes ago, Roggo said:

this guys here can send the kit needed to fix the starter motor yourself . as long as starter motor comuater is ok and maybe brushes no good im sure putting in new ones and giving the starter motor a good cleaning plus a new selinoin maybe and she be as good as new .you can find the parts  numbers you want threw this site and putting in your vin number etc should come up with what you need only if your starter motor for sure is goosed 

https://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu

Carl Dawes
RepairkitsUK
Office - 01543 226222

• Like 1