Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keeping injectors healthy 2.0 d4d 2011

Jim-p

Hi there,

Recently at my Toyota dealer I was talking to the parts person and they were telling me how good my model of avensis cars were. All good, except then he said, the only problem is injectors around 150k km, coming in at 1,500e fitted, after which I was a significant less satisfied with myself. My car has low mileage at 100k km so far. Is there anything I can do to keep my injectors in good health? I buy fuel at reputable stations and I get long journeys in regularly. I've heard of folk putting a little additive in with the diesel from time to time but not sure if this is more hokis hokis stuff that could actually cause more damage than good. My sister has 300k km on her T27 and never touched the injectors.

Thanks in advance.

I have used injector cleaner regularly on three Avensis models all diesel engines. One covered 245000 MLS the next one one 185000 MLS with no injector problems ,current car at 52000 so nothing to report yet. My experience is use injector cleaner and you will not get any issues.

Thanks Jim,

Any particular brand?

Regards

K

On 8/1/2021 at 1:37 PM, jimtaxi said:

I have used injector cleaner regularly on three Avensis models all diesel engines. One covered 245000 MLS the next one one 185000 MLS with no injector problems ,current car at 52000 so nothing to report yet. My experience is use injector cleaner and you will not get any issues.

my last vw 1.9tdi engine when changine a new diesel filter i would fill it up with liquid molly diesel purge what u think boss .what u recommend 

Make sure you change the fuel filter at the required interval.