Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spare tyre

Black Black

Hi can some one give me advice, I have no spare wheel with my car which is a 2014 1.3 yaris trend just got that liquid stuff,is it possible to buy a space saver spare wheel for my car and the compartment to fit it in the boot, I've got 16inch alloys so what size spare do I need, 15inch or 16inch, I know some times the space saver comes smaller, thanks.

1 hour ago, Black Black said:

Hi can some one give me advice, I have no spare wheel with my car which is a 2014 1.3 yaris trend just got that liquid stuff,is it possible to buy a space saver spare wheel for my car and the compartment to fit it in the boot, I've got 16inch alloys so what size spare do I need, 15inch or 16inch, I know some times the space saver comes smaller, thanks.

My last Yaris (Mk3) and the one I drive now (Mk4) both came with the 'spray-gunk' and 'no-spare'. I arranged with the dealers at the time of purchase to throw-in a space-saving spare wheel as part of the purchase 'deal'. Both SS spare wheels were 16". My first Yaris came with a jack but my current one didn't. You can get a Toyota Yaris jack on the internet for under £20 and I've seen the space-saver spare wheel kits online too but the price can vary quite widely from 2nd hand to new. I think all the space-saver spare wheels on the current Yaris's are 16", regardless of the actual wheel/tyre size on your car - but don't quote me on that!  
P.S. If you do purchase a spare wheel - make sure you get the tool-kit too!    

Just now, Grompix said:

My last Yaris (Mk3) and the one I drive now (Mk4) both came with the 'spray-gunk' and 'no-spare'. I arranged with the dealers at the time of purchase to throw-in a space-saving spare wheel as part of the purchase 'deal'. Both SS spare wheels were 16". My first Yaris came with a Jack but my current one didn't. You can get a Toyota Yaris Jack on the internet for under £20 and I've seen the space-saver spare wheel kits online too but the price can vary quite widely from 2nd hand to new. I think all the space-saver spare wheels on the current Yaris's are 16", regardless of the actual wheel/tyre size on your car - but don't quote me on that!      

Check to see if your car has Jacking Points. If it does not you will need to buy a hydraulic jack. You will also need to buy a wheel brace and a Torque Wrench.(to undo the wheel nuts and to tighten them to the correct tension.)

Hi John my car has two like notches on the four corners of the car on the pinch welds, are they the position the jack fits ,also if I do get a space saver wheel what holds it in the boot do I need some more attachments for it, thanks. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Black Black said:

Hi John my car has two like notches on the four corners of the car on the pinch welds, are they the position the jack fits ,also if I do get a space saver wheel what holds it in the boot do I need some more attachments for it, thanks. 

Peter, notches, could be, but your Handbook will identify the correct Jacking Points.

Do you have a "well" in the Boot into which the Space Saver might drop?

If not you will have to lie it flat on the Boot Floor. You might try to restrict its possible movement by using some type of  camping type of gripping band(s).

Hi John yes I do have well in the boot, and also there's hole at bottom of the boot ,that some thing screws in to hold a wheel, so I will now get a wheel and attachment tomorrow, thanks John. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Black Black said:

Toyota offer a kit to add a suitable space saver spare:

42600-09D00 - Tool & fitting kit

42600-0DM51 - Wheel & Tyre 

Apprx £110

• Like 1

Hi Lee thanks for that I'll inquire about that in  toyota tomorrow 

I bought the Toyota kit for my '14 reg Yaris. The jack clips in under the front passenger seat (slide the seat fully forward and access it from the back). Mine's a pre-facelift, if yours is later, it may be different. I know someone who went out and bought a jack, because they couldn't be bothered to read the owner's manual!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1