Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Moving on...

bewA

After 2 years of ownership of my Corolla Design (HB) 1.8 i've decided to move onto something else!

Today a put a deposit down on a... Corolla (HB) GR Sport 2.0 in Manhattan Grey (not bi-tone).  Test drove a GR Sport (1.8) today and then tried an Excel (2.0) just to see the power difference at my local dealership and i was sold on the HUD display... i know simple things but also the little GR accents dotted all over the place, the down side is that i will need to wait until October (approximately).

Anyway, don't be sad i'm still on the Corolla team! 🙂

• Like 5

Hope you got a good deal, keep being told used car prices are going up at moment 

• Like 1

Time will soon pass.

Did you notice much difference between 1.8 and 2.0?

46 minutes ago, Chriss27 said:

Hope you got a good deal, keep being told used car prices are going up at moment

Yep, my curent Corolla ended up increasing in value so was lucky really 🙂

46 minutes ago, 50p said:

Time will soon pass.

Did you notice much difference between 1.8 and 2.0?

Yep deffo, not much around town but doing sport mode + foot down i noticed quite a bit more grunt.

• Like 3

Congrats on the new purchase, I picked mine up a couple of months ago, same but in white. It’s a great car! 

I didn’t drive the 1.8 as I knew I’d want the 2.0 with the extra power when needed. It’s surprisingly quick off the mark in sport mode. HUD is a useful addition too, mine is back with the dealer for a few days and they loaned me a Yaris, really missing the HUD already.

The GR Sport also has an extra digital display screen with a kind of 3D effect which is pretty cool. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, StreetHawk said:

Congrats on the new purchase, I picked mine up a couple of months ago, same but in white. It’s a great car!

I didn’t drive the 1.8 as I knew I’d want the 2.0 with the extra power when needed. It’s surprisingly quick off the mark in sport mode. HUD is a useful addition too, mine is back with the dealer for a few days and they loaned me a Yaris, really missing the HUD already.

The GR Sport also has an extra digital display screen with a kind of 3D effect which is pretty cool.

When i took for it the test drive it was turned on so i went digging in the settings and switched it on and it was an instant yes from then! and yes the 3d effect stuff was switched on which i very much appreciated!

2 questions, can you customise what's in each of the 3 rings?  does anyone have a link to the manuals for the 2021 GR Sport (hatchback) 2ltr?  I can't download them from Toyota as I don't have an VIN and my current car vin only gives me the 2019 manuals 😞

9 hours ago, bewA said:

When i took for it the test drive it was turned on so i went digging in the settings and switched it on and it was an instant yes from then! and yes the 3d effect stuff was switched on which i very much appreciated!

2 questions, can you customise what's in each of the 3 rings?  does anyone have a link to the manuals for the 2021 GR Sport (hatchback) 2ltr?  I can't download them from Toyota as I don't have an VIN and my current car vin only gives me the 2019 manuals 😞

Yes you can configure the info shown in the 3 rings yourself. 

Try this link for owners manual but it’s 09/20, can’t see a newer version.

https://d24bc9lyrt5en5.cloudfront.net/Customer-Portal-Admin/emanuals/TOYOTA/OM12P46E.pdf

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

And it's collected, GR Sport 2ltr in Manhattan Grey, a worthy upgrade from my Design (white) 1.8ltr!

photo_2021-09-16_17-42-55_LI.thumb.jpg.be3f9c4ffdc1cefcc0a615053519fb02.jpg

photo_2021-09-16_17-43-36_LI.thumb.jpg.31ab118b9e5b945f8405eeefb4abfa50.jpg

• Like 6

not my favourite colour (on any car) but that isn't your problem 😛

Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, bewA said:

And it's collected, GR Sport 2ltr in Manhattan Grey, a worthy upgrade from my Design (white) 1.8ltr!

photo_2021-09-16_17-42-55_LI.thumb.jpg.be3f9c4ffdc1cefcc0a615053519fb02.jpg

photo_2021-09-16_17-43-36_LI.thumb.jpg.31ab118b9e5b945f8405eeefb4abfa50.jpg

Nice car and colour. Was it delivered early? I thought you said earlier that it was due October. When did you order it?

Bozz

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

not my favourite colour (on any car) but that isn't your problem 😛

Enjoy!

How dare you have your own differing opinion! #internetrage #imjoking and thank you 😄

11 minutes ago, Bozz said:

Nice car and colour. Was it delivered early? I thought you said earlier that it was due October. When did you order it?

Ordered 1st August, projected delivery date was 22nd September, then couple of weeks a go changed to 24th September and it arrived at the dealership on the 14th September.  When i ordered they initially said could be late September, early October but there was no actual date at the time until a week or so later.

36 minutes ago, bewA said:

How dare you have your own differing opinion! #internetrage #imjoking and thank you 😄

Ordered 1st August, projected delivery date was 22nd September, then couple of weeks a go changed to 24th September and it arrived at the dealership on the 14th September.  When i ordered they initially said could be late September, early October but there was no actual date at the time until a week or so later.

The new car has a manual rear windows since not affected by the chip shortage 👌 

just a joke 😂👍

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

The new car has a manual rear windows since not affected by the chip shortage 👌 

just a joke 😂👍

i'll keep my rare electric windows to myself 😄

• Like 1

Manhattan Grey looks awesome in the flesh - photos don't do it justice. If I was buying a new Corolla I'd go for Manhattan Grey...wait...I have! Local dealer had a Bi-tone GR Sport Manhattan Grey and it looked stunning - I had already ordered Bi-Tone. All being well I pick mine up Monday.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, trashman1965 said:

Manhattan Grey looks awesome in the flesh - photos don't do it justice. If I was buying a new Corolla I'd go for Manhattan Grey...wait...I have! Local dealer had a Bi-tone GR Sport Manhattan Grey and it looked stunning - I had already ordered Bi-Tone. All being well I pick mine up Monday.

I've ordered a Manhatten Grey ST but don't expect to see mine much before the 2nd half of October!

2 hours ago, trashman1965 said:

Manhattan Grey looks awesome in the flesh - photos don't do it justice. 

I have seen it. & the VW/Audi/Skoda etc. etc. equivalents - it just doesn't float my particular boat. 😱

3 hours ago, bewA said:

i'll keep my rare electric windows to myself 😄

Now seriously,

how do you find the suspension set up and the seats in comparison with the previous Corolla Design? The GR looks better sportier but are they comfy as the design one? 
Thanks 👍

40 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

I have seen it. & the VW/Audi/Skoda etc. etc. equivalents - it just doesn't float my particular boat. 😱

I like this grey metallic colour, looks different and modern, suites the Corolla design a lot imo and I wouldn’t mind having the same one too. I have however one criticism, this grey does camouflages the car with the urban environment specifically when the car is moving on a motorway at dusk and makes it difficult to notice between other vehicles, it looks like shadow or nothing, it’s just  easy to miss in your mirrors. The car literally transfuse into the road colour (concrete or old asphalt ) and the only thing that shows there is a car behind are the DRL. Any other greys doesn’t do it only this particular one, and it’s the same effect on other makes like Audi, bmw etc. Anyone else noticed that? 

14 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Now seriously,

how do you find the suspension set up and the seats in comparison with the previous Corolla Design? The GR looks better sportier but are they comfy as the design one?
Thanks 👍

As far as i'm aware the suspension is the same (I could be wrong), however the ride is a bit firmer with the 18" wheels and i would say the seats in the GR are nice and snug for me and i'm on the larger side and i have lower back problems 😄

Unfortunately i've only driven it last night for about 30 minutes so i don't really have any more to add to that limited experience but i'll post here or start a new thread with an update 🙂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

I have however one criticism, this grey does camouflages the car with the urban environment specifically when the car is moving on a motorway at dusk and makes it difficult to notice between other vehicles, it looks like shadow or nothing, it’s just  easy to miss in your mirrors. The car literally transfuse into the road colour (concrete or old asphalt ) and the only thing that shows there is a car behind are the DRL. Any other greys doesn’t do it only this particular one, and it’s the same effect on other makes like Audi, bmw etc. Anyone else noticed that? 

Yes, I may be odd but when I choose car colours I do consider things like visibility in fog etc.

Currently running a white car but with an oversized rear reflective no. plate & some other mods designed to increase visibility.

7 minutes ago, bewA said:

As far as i'm aware the suspension is the same (I could be wrong), however the ride is a bit firmer with the 18" wheels and i would say the seats in the GR are nice and snug for me and i'm on the larger side and i have lower back problems 😄

Unfortunately i've only driven it last night for about 30 minutes so i don't really have any more to add to that limited experience but i'll post here or start a new thread with an update 🙂

Thanks for your reply 👍 

I will be following any information you share. Please if you can make a note about the fuel consumption I will highly appreciate it, it might be helpful to others too who can not decided between 1.8 or 2.0. 👌 

4 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

Yes, I may be odd but when I choose car colours I do consider things like visibility in fog etc.

Currently running a white car but with an oversized rear reflective no. plate & some other mods designed to increase visibility.

I think white can be an issue while it’s heavy snowing and everything is white around, in any other circumstances it does stand out, my car is white too and I am a night driver therefore I believe colour works ok for me, but I never chose a colour as the only new cars I ever had were black by default since they were part of a fleet , no colour options 😂 Toyota metallic red usually it’s the head Turner and easiest to spot in any situations. 👌🚗

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

Thanks for your reply 👍 

I will be following any information you share. Please if you can make a note about the fuel consumption I will highly appreciate it, it might be helpful to others too who can not decided between 1.8 or 2.0. 👌 

No problem and will do!  The 1.8 was being for my daily 1hr 30min'ish commute pre-covid and was pretty impressed with.  I know it will be "worse" but as my job isn't changing to back to office based (hybrid working) i'm ok with the prospect of a reduction in MPG, but all will be seen in the figures!

FYI i'll only be using MPG figures reported by the car and MyT, i'm not into all that brim to brim calculation stuff, it's all a bit to serious for me 🙂

• Thanks 1

@TonyHSD Ok managed a bit of a drive today, mixture of dual/single carriageway way A and B roads, driving in normal mode apart from sport mode at some traffic lights 😉 and I mostly drive with cruise control. Indicative figures obvs via MyT.

Screenshot_20210918-141126.thumb.png.62da2c67b27d02ba099d1bdac3ba6a9b.png

• Thanks 1