Do Not Sell My Personal Information

dash top

50p

How / what do you clean the dash top with? I have an Excel, not sure wether that is vinyl or 'leather'

I have some autoglym vinyl and rubber cleaner but reluctant to try it.

I'm sure it's in the infamous handbook somewhere 😁

Why not just try a microfibre cloth and fairly hot water with a splash of detergent in it. I've found that works better than anything on all the trim in my 2010 Auris. It looks better than it did when new... honest. No streaks, no marks, no shading from uneven application of 'treatments', no lint or bits, its perfect. Many many years ago I used to use ArmorAll but remember that having applied the stuff it then needed a light wipe with a damp cloth to even it all out which in the end was probably removing most of it.

Try the microfibre and hot water + detergent (only a tiny drop) first. 

• Like 2

Hi I use ArmorAll semi matt finish on the dash top and on all the plastic door panels and trim.

Do not use any gloss finish cleaner on the dashboard top as you will get reflection on the windscreen on sunny days 

• Like 1

The autoglym is fine, I use it and it lasts a seriously long time. 🙂

• Thanks 1

On 8/1/2021 at 7:52 PM, Mooly said:

Why not just try a microfibre cloth and fairly hot water with a splash of detergent in it. I've found that works better than anything on all the trim in my 2010 Auris. It looks better than it did when new... honest. No streaks, no marks, no shading from uneven application of 'treatments', no lint or bits, its perfect. Many many years ago I used to use ArmorAll but remember that having applied the stuff it then needed a light wipe with a damp cloth to even it all out which in the end was probably removing most of it.

Try the microfibre and hot water + detergent (only a tiny drop) first. 

I have done same effect with dettol antibacterial surface cleaner, works great, leaves no marks and it’s odour free. Just spray some on microfibre cloth and wipe out. Better than new exactly. 👍👌😉

• Like 2