Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spare wheel kit for 2021 RAV4 excel ?

powerman

Just bought a new 2021 RAV4 excel hybrid,  no spare wheel just a tyre repair kit. Any one know if there  is a kit available or if a space saver wheel from a 2014 / 2018 RAV4 would fit? There appears to be ample space in the spare wheel well.

thanks, 

thomas.

I've got an early 5th Gen RAV4 Excel with the 18" wheels, and (like a few others on here) I bought a full size matching alloy spare wheel which fits just fine under the boot floor.  The only loss is you can't store the load cover under there any more and you can't put the boot floor to it's lower position, but I'm fine with that.

If your 19" wheel has slightly lower profile tyres so that the circumference is the same it would probably fit too (unless it's wider).  The cost of my full size (18") spare wasn't much more than the space saver (dealer said the space saver wheel and tyre cost over £400) if you buy the official Toyota one, although you might need a different size to go with your 19" wheels.

Some people have bought what they need from breakers yards from written off off cars, others have found firms that sell complete kits of wheel and tools for much less money (see below), but I have to say the pictures of what they supply look much less substantial that the rather beefy alloy space saver that came with my car.  If I was going that route I'd want some reassurance the wheels they supply are up to the job of dealing with the RAV4s weight.

Earlier in this thread is a picture of my space saver if you're interested.

I purchased a new 2021 Dynamic in the UK, I ordered the panoramic Roof as an optional extra, which automatically deletes the spare wheel and replaces it with a Tyre Repair Kit (something to do with weight apparently).

ive managed to get a genuine Toyota RAV4 alloy space saver wheel / tyre, foam insert, jack and tools for £150 from an online auction site.

Hopefully it will never be needed but it’s certainly peace of mind, a bottle of goo isn’t much use with a shredded tyre.

72A14143-6FF6-42BE-AD14-3326E167171C.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Rigsby said:

something to do with weight apparently

The increase in weight raises the C02 emissions and affects the VED band for the first year under the current VED system.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The increase in weight raises the C02 emissions and affects the VED band for the first year under the current VED system.

Thank you.

35 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

& potentially employee BIK tax on company cars too. Given that tax treatment for employees is a major driver of PHEV uptake you can see why they would want to keep them in as low a bracket as possible (the RAV4 PHEV BIK is 7%, by compafrison a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV is 12%).

• 1 year later...

I have 2021 Excel Hybrid, 19inch wheels, will any spare fit from another Rav 4?

Need to check PCD, offset wheel diameter and tyre profile.

I purchased a genuine Toyota alloy space saver off eBay, there are lots for sale on there, it’s the overall diameter (wheel + tyre that’s important.

My Dynamic has 19” alloys the space saver is 17” diameter with a T165/80D17 tyre.

I believe that the PHEV’s require at least an 18” diameter wheel to clear the brake discs etc.

6DE26ECC-E098-4F4D-A253-D6F07118EBAC.jpeg

84E68FC8-1792-45EC-AAE5-B296407A5C62.jpeg

On 8/2/2021 at 5:19 PM, Rigsby said:

I purchased a new 2021 Dynamic in the UK, I ordered the panoramic Roof as an optional extra, which automatically deletes the spare wheel and replaces it with a Tyre Repair Kit (something to do with weight apparently).

ive managed to get a genuine Toyota RAV4 alloy space saver wheel / tyre, foam insert, Jack and tools for £150 from an online auction site.

Hopefully it will never be needed but it’s certainly peace of mind, a bottle of goo isn’t much use with a shredded tyre.

72A14143-6FF6-42BE-AD14-3326E167171C.jpeg

where can i buy the insert that goes in the spare wheel? And where can i buy the fixing to keep the wheel in the boot floor;

thanks

I got everything off eBay, I paid £150 for the alloy space saver, tyre, foam insert, jack, tool kit and centre securing screw, all brand new unused.

I was lucky to find them for sale complete, more often it’s just the wheel, set a saved search up on eBay and keep your fingers crossed.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, simonvwt2 said:

where can i buy the insert that goes in the spare wheel? And where can i buy the fixing to keep the wheel in the boot floor;

Simon

you can buy a fixing similar to the Toyota one here. 
https://www.thewheelshop.co.uk/product/toyota-rav4-2005-2019-space-saver-spare-wheel-retaining-fixing-bolt-screw/

I managed to get a RAV jack from eBay. I don’t use the insert just keep the jack fully shut position  in a bag.