Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Removing interior trim pieces? Mk2

Chris Boddum

Hi!

I’ll be replacing a lot of the interior trim pieces (the headunit surround, the vents, etc.)

Are there any good tips for this? I’m especially curious about how the plastic by the gear knob and handbrake lever are removed, as the vents and general dashboard trim seems like plug and play.

It’s for the MK2.

thanks!

We have a similar Peugeot 108 and I changed the air vent surrounds, the gear knob and the gear gaitor surround. They all held in by rubberised clips, neat design, so knowing where clips located on the new pieces, I just used my finger nails to lever them up enough to pull off, know a very slim trim removal tool would been better but mine a bit too chuncky. 

Just so you know the gear knob just screws on and off and the air vent surrounds held in by 2 screws to the dash trim panels. Lots of colour options out there mainly from Toyota, that's why I jazzed up our boring 108 with some tasteful Aygo bits.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Puglet said:

We have a similar Peugeot 108 and I changed the air vent surrounds, the gear knob and the gear gaitor surround. They all held in by rubberised clips, neat design, so knowing where clips located on the new pieces, I just used my finger nails to lever them up, know a very slim trim removal tool would been better but mine a bit too chuncky. 

Just so you know the gear knob just screws on and off and the air vent surrounds held in by 2 screws to the dash trim panels. Lots of colour options out there mainly from Toyota, that's why I jazzed up our boring 108 with some tasteful Aygo bits.

Perfect, thank you for the response!

13 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

Installation manuals can be downloaded from here.

Thank you! I had great success by just pulling on the trim pieces.

I replaced both the stereo surround, gear stick surround and gear stick knob from the gloss black to the gloss white to match the white exterior,  so much better looking and my daughter loves it.

I have the two surround pieces in excellent  condition if anyone wants them, they have just been sitting in boxes doing nothing for months and can't even get £20 for them on Gumtree ! 

Collection only from post code area RG7.