Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RAV4 Prime - US Market - Plug in hybrid

eddiey1

In a word no.  Same configuration, 302hp and 0-60mph 5.7 seconds, 18.1Kw Battery 2.5ltr ICE (Atkinson cycle) AWD.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, eddiey1 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rXTHobmQQo

I take it this is more powerful than the version offered in England?

306ps here but that translates as the same.

From what I know...

UK has 6.6kW chargers across the trim range. Top trim comes with all the Premium tech and weather packs included which are add ons in the USA.

UK gets all MyT app features across all trim levels. None of the crazy no state of charge on the US SE trim. Frankly ridiculous. 

Downsides... from what I can gather...

We don't get the digital rear view mirror. Just a standard self dimming mirror. Nice gadget I'd have liked.

We don't get the traction Battery inverter coupled mains plug at 1.5kW. We only get 150W mains plug which is practically useless. Wouldn't even power my high end laptop. This is now my major bug bear.

We don't get a spare wheel as standard.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nick72 said:

306ps here but that translates as the same.

From what I know...

UK has 6.6kW chargers across the trim range. Top trim comes with all the Premium tech and weather packs included which are add ons in the USA.

UK gets all MyT app features across all trim levels. None of the crazy no state of charge on the US SE trim. Frankly ridiculous. 

Downsides... from what I can gather...

We don't get the digital rear view mirror. Just a standard self dimming mirror. Nice gadget I'd have liked.

We don't get the traction battery inverter coupled mains plug at 1.5kW. We only get 150W mains plug which is practically useless. Wouldn't even power my high end laptop. This is now my major bug bear.

We don't get a spare wheel as standard.

I liked the look of the digital mirror as well. The pricing of the dynamic premium puts it right into lexus territory. I had not noticed the power output - over 300 horse is very good. Thanks for the info and I am going to book a test drive to see if I like it

• Like 1

@eddiey1,  sounds like a good move but make sure that they have at least a 70% charge in the traction Battery, remember that 30% is reserved for the car to fore-fill the full performance spec in hybrid mode, so this would equate to 40% EV range.  The specified EV range is achieved using only 70% of the traction Battery.

You’ll be able to at least check out the car in pure EV mode and switch between modes to test out the hybrid and charge hold mode. (Never used the charge hold mode, it will charge the traction Battery to about 80% but at some cost)

It’s pretty useless to test drive a PHEV with no EV battery.  Enjoy, I love the car.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ernieb said:

@eddiey1,  sounds like a good move but make sure that they have at least a 70% charge in the traction battery, remember that 30% is reserved for the car to fore-fill the full performance spec in hybrid mode, so this would equate to 40% EV range.  The specified EV range is achieved using only 70% of the traction battery.

You’ll be able to at least check out the car in pure EV mode and switch between modes to test out the hybrid and charge hold mode. (Never used the charge hold mode, it will charge the traction battery to about 80% but at some cost)

It’s pretty useless to test drive a PHEV with no EV battery.  Enjoy, I love the car.

Good advice - I'll make sure the dealer has it charged up when I go and test it