Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Yaris Icon - hands free microphone

Amreen

Recently whenever I connect my phone to the hands free bluetooth I can take calls but the person on the phone can hear me - I’m assuming it’s a microphone issue but not too sure - my car is a 2018 model?

59 minutes ago, Amreen said:

Recently whenever I connect my phone to the hands free Bluetooth I can take calls but the person on the phone can hear me

Presume you mean 'can't hear' ?

5 hours ago, Amreen said:

Recently whenever I connect my phone to the hands free Bluetooth I can take calls but the person on the phone can hear me - I’m assuming it’s a microphone issue but not too sure - my car is a 2018 model?

Not sure what phone you are using but check the settings for the bluetooth connection with your car and that everything is enabled. Should look similar to this...

Screenshot_20210803-040306.thumb.png.3ea3546c3ee70c525217289aa0fbdc3a.png

People can't hear me regardless of whether I'm on the car or not. Every time I've called myself and tested the mic of my phone, I can hear myself fine. Either people are deaf/don't listen properly, or something bizarre is going on. Whatever it is, I doubt it's your car unless the mic has shifted position (if that's even possible) or has failed.

Check also that nothing has got spilled or wedged into the holes for the mic (unlikely but possible - I nearly spilled tea in mine one time).

Try calling yourself and seeing what it sounds like with the car parked.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

My wife is complaining about the same in hers. I've set outgoing volume in Volume setting at Max, but she's still complaining no one can hear her.

The microphone is situated in Heater control panel, so could be the cause of issue. Alternatively, could be phone settings or hidden setting in Head unit. I'm going to have a look when she gets back.

You can do a mic check in the hidden service menu (under function Check)

Service menu - Hold the car button and then turn the headlights on and off 3 times

Thanks. Can I alter any settings or is it just a binary check?

No, It's just a diagnostic aid, the only way to change setting is with Techstream and a Mini VCI or one of the many pay for obd2 app's and dongle

not sure, but hybrid assistant may work with the Auris (and an elm interface)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=priusfan.info.bthsd10&hl=en_GB&gl=US

Ahh, OK. So if I take into dealer, they will be able to increase mic sensitivity.

Just checked via those settings and volume is around 2 segments when talking. Looks like I’ll have to get it booked in for some adjustments.

Also find touch screen very temperamental. Must have tried 6/7 times to adjust treble on radio up with arrow button. Just didn’t want to respond for 20+ seconds.

They will not be able to do much apart from throw parts at it, you can go in to one of the settings iirc its touch sw and calibrate the screen if you can not calibrate it, it usually means the radio/screen is dying

you could try a system reset in the second hidden menu

Service menu 2 - Hold the settings button and then turn the headlights on and off 3 times

you should get a diagnostics screen with the INIT button at the bottom press and hold for 5-10 seconds

Also can you check the software version under Settings - General - System Information

It’s only running 6.10.0 atm. Have to get an update for it either at dealer or via internet.

ah, you have the nav - the bluetooth is handled by the Nav module you could try a nav reset in the 3rd hidden menu

go into this menu and press in the circled locations in this order: Top, Middle - Top, Middle - Top, Middle (it may take another 2 presses) - iirc it's under General at the bottom of the menu

641211805_hiddenmenu3(Medium)(Small).thumb.JPG.64711208c16de6db1a6df8cf3961e0ba.JPG

3 hours ago, flash22 said:

You can do a mic check in the hidden service menu (under function Check)

Service menu - Hold the car button and then turn the headlights on and off 3 times

Thanks. Does this allow any adjustment or just check it’s working?

Does the reset wipe presets in Nav? I’ve been into this menu on my CHR, so am aware of it.

Thanks flash22. Think I’ll see what dealer comes up with first. Might get a free Nav/software update out of it. 😉