Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Prius+ Wind Deflectors?


Xerxes
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi there,
New member here, first time Toyota owner as well to be honest.... but really enjoying my new(ish) Prius+.

Sadly my youngest daughter isn't quite so enthusiastic about the Prius+ as she felt a bit 'car sick' the other day while sitting in the rear seats of the vehicle.  I have therefore been looking for a set of genuine Toyota wind deflectors, unfortunately they don't seem to make them for the 2019 model.

I was wondering if any Prius+ owners have any experience with third-party Wind Deflectors on their vehicle and could suggest a set that fit well and don't interfere with the window action.  Any suggestions or advice gratefully received.

Thanks in advance...

Xerxes

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • 2 months later...

Thanks for the recommendation Catlover,
I now have a set of Cimair deflectors fitted to my Prius+ and they seem to work really well.  My daughter likes the fact that she can have the window open (seems to help her manage her travel sickness) and I like the fact I don't hear any wind hammer with the windows ajar 🙂 .

I did some research before purchasing and although they are more expensive than the competition (i.e. Heko etc.) they did compare favourably in all the reviews that I read and upon inspection they certainly seem well made.

Unfortunately, they did take a while to arrive as they were a special order from the factory in Germany (sports tint - extra dark) but they fit well and weren't difficult to install.  Andy the MD at Climair UK was also really helpful when I had some questions and overall I'd recommend them to anyone looking for a set of wind deflectors for their vehicle.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was in the dilemma of cost, Xerxes. £100 for Climair of £40 or more cheaper for other brands. But I thought there has to be some difference to warrant the extra cost. I could see people were happy with other brands, but the figment seemed more fussy. So I thought, blow the expense, they only fitted the once and went with Climair. Not regretted it at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had a full set of the 'Heko' branded wind deflectors on my last car (Suzuki Vitara) and my Wife has a full set on her 5 door Suzuki Swift, both full sets cost under £40,  fitted easily and are effective. When I get my new Yaris Cross, I'll wait and see how much wind noise there is with windows part or fully open and decide where to go from there, though if prices are around £100 for Climair or £40 for Heko, I doubt I'll pay the extra for Climair as both makes are virtually identical for the models I've seen.

                                        Keith.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had a full set of Toyota ones fitted to my previous 2010 Prius and when I changed to my current '14 car had hoped that the deflectors could be switched. Not so, said the dealer as glue is involved when fitting them. I was surprised at this, do the Climair ones involve glueing at all I wonder?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Duffryn said:

I had a full set of Toyota ones fitted to my previous 2010 Prius and when I changed to my current '14 car had hoped that the deflectors could be switched. Not so, said the dealer as glue is involved when fitting them. I was surprised at this, do the Climair ones involve glueing at all I wonder?

Climair has sticky strips, peel the paper off, put them in place, mover the window up/down a few times, then leave in position overnight.

I have a suspicion that Toyota use Climair, havent proved it but.....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Goinker said:

I had a full set of the 'Heko' branded wind deflectors on my last car (Suzuki Vitara) and my Wife has a full set on her 5 door Suzuki Swift, both full sets cost under £40,  fitted easily and are effective. When I get my new Yaris Cross, I'll wait and see how much wind noise there is with windows part or fully open and decide where to go from there, though if prices are around £100 for Climair or £40 for Heko, I doubt I'll pay the extra for Climair as both makes are virtually identical for the models I've seen.

                                        Keith.

How do the Heko fit?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Catlover said:

Climair has sticky strips, peel the paper off, put them in place, mover the window up/down a few times, then leave in position overnight.

I have a suspicion that Toyota use Climair, havent proved it but.....

My Climairs on my current Avensis don't use sticky strips ... plus they are quite different from the "official Toyota" wind deflectors on my previous Avensis T27 (which did). 

Of course, Toyota may use different accessory suppliers for different models.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Catlover said:

How do the Heko fit?

They are held in by several stainless steel 'U' shaped clips with tiny tooth-like tabs to retain them, plus a strip of double-sided tape along the length of each deflector. In over 4 years of use on my Vitara and a little longer on my Wife's Swift, they've never moved. You push the deflector into position with the tape protection removed, then push each clip in between the rear of each deflector and the inner side of the window channel, making sure that they are fully seated at the base of the channel before raising the window. Supplied instructions show approximate suggested positions for each retaining clip. I've no idea how the Climair versions fit, but I'd imagine it would be in a very similar fashion. Certainly the Heko ones would be able to be removed and refitted onto another vehicle of the same model, and in fact I'd considered replacing the Vitara with another as I was very happy with it, but now, due to left knee problems, I need an automatic, but didn't fancy the current Vitara now they've deleted the 1.6 engine and replaced it with a 1.4 turbo. I'm not really a fan of small turbo engines as I feel performance is gained at the expense of longevity and at 74, my awaited Yaris Cross will likely be my last car (Probably!)😆

                       Keith.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Goinker said:

They are held in by several stainless steel 'U' shaped clips with tiny tooth-like tabs to retain them, plus a strip of double-sided tape along the length of each deflector. In over 4 years of use on my Vitara and a little longer on my Wife's Swift, they've never moved. You push the deflector into position with the tape protection removed, then push each clip in between the rear of each deflector and the inner side of the window channel, making sure that they are fully seated at the base of the channel before raising the window. Supplied instructions show approximate suggested positions for each retaining clip. I've no idea how the Climair versions fit,

That is probably the reason I chose Climair over Heko, even though Climair were more expensive.

Scott, you are correct, Climair dont have any sticky strips, I must have been thinking of something I did at that time, it was soon after I bought the car at 21 months old. So Climair dont use sticky tape nor clips. I do remember putting some washing up liquid on the edges that went inside the channel as a lubricant as Climair suggested. I thought if Climair dont need sticky tabs nor clips they must be good stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No sticky strips on the Climair's for the Prius+, the front deflectors just slot in and fit snug.  The rear deflectors do need a pair of clips about 3" in from the sides of the window as the top of the rear door-frame is pretty much straight and can't generate enough inward compression on the strip to hold it in place unaided.

Interestingly, they use the same design of clips that the American 'Weather Tech' brand deflectors use (shown below) although there is a flat hook-like part to the clip that protrudes out from under the rubber doorseal, you can't see it once the deflector is installed.

WD_Clip.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership