Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Satnav speed alerts

Bob110023

Hi everyone. Sorry if this has been covered before. Just picked up a used corolla 2ltre hybrid excel. Speed cameras are showing on the map but there are no alerts. Also the speed limit to show on map is greyed out in the setup. I have had a auris and chr before and setting up was easy. Any help would be very much appreciated.  Thank you. Bob.

You need to go to general settings and turn on 'beep' this will turn on camera alerts but will also beep when you touch the screen.

• Thanks 1

Thank you Robert.

You can't show the speed limit on the map but you can see the speed limit sign displayed in the main instrument panel. The map data is integrated with the road sign display so that when the national limit sign is displayed the car knows whether the limit is 60 mph or 70 mph from the map and chimes for limit exceeded at the appropriate speed. It also seems to use the map data to chose which speed limit sign to display in some circumstance when it has failed to read a road sign.

• Thanks 1

Also be aware that the car's camera will override the satnav information. I've just come back from a trip to Scotland where my Excel insisted that the A75 was 40mph because there are signs for HGVs that indicate that limit. Unfortunately the car only reads the limit part not the weight alongside. Either that or it thinks my car weighs 40 tons.

Then again the map can be wrong anyway. There's a short stretch of road near me that had the limit raised from 50 to 60 a couple of years ago and the map is still showing 50. I have gone onto the web site and edited the map but so far after two updates the change hasn't come through.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AndrueC said:

Also be aware that the car's camera will override the satnav information. I've just come back from a trip to Scotland where my Excel insisted that the A75 was 40mph because there are signs for HGVs that indicate that limit. Unfortunately the car only reads the limit part not the weight alongside. Either that or it thinks my car weighs 40 tons.

Then again the map can be wrong anyway. There's a short stretch of road near me that had the limit raised from 50 to 60 a couple of years ago and the map is still showing 50. I have gone onto the web site and edited the map but so far after two updates the change hasn't come through.

Well said Andrue.

The number of people that think these systems relieve the driver of his/her responsibilities is unbelievable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links